Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

morgan_il

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Guys
I'm a new here, read all your comments about this game.

Regarding XD3_INVALID_INPUT error
I think, it occurs only if you scrubbing the ISO before applying the patch ...cause if you apply the patch without scrubbing, it works perfectly. May be the patch already includes the scrubbing somehow

I've done that and now burning the DVD. Post here when check if it works.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morgan_il said:
Guys

I think, it occurs only if you scrubbing the ISO before applying the patch ...cause if you apply the patch without scrubbing, it works perfectly. May be the patch already includes the scrubbing somehow

I can't apply the patch at all. It says it's not a ppf file. I'm using ppf omatic. Is that what I'm supposed to use?

morgan_il

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
SWORD21 said:
morgan_il said:
Guys

I can't apply the patch at all. It says it's not a ppf file. I'm using ppf omatic. Is that what I'm supposed to use?

No, you need to use x_delta which comes with the ppf file. Just read this post - the archive that contains the ppf patch also has a readme with how to patch it and the executable used to patch.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...p;#entry1024105

D

Deleted User

The patch on the first page doesn't work for me, I'm assuming it either only works for NTSC versions OR the wiizard release.
How do i get it to work on my pal iso which i dumped myself?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You cant get the patch to work on the pal version. The data isnt the same and would ruin your iso if you did somehow manage to make it use the patch... Grab the wiizard copy or one of the premade dvd5 versions from the usual places

D

Deleted User

So there is absolutely no way of getting my pal version into a dvd 5?
Bugger, i just finished making some textures

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
So there is absolutely no way of getting my pal version into a dvd 5?
Bugger, i just finished making some texturesYou can just extract the .pcs and .pac files needed for the textures by using wiiscrubber, download the torrent of the PAL dvd5 version, and use wiiscrubber to replace the .pcs and .pac files in the dvd5 ISO.

Posts merged

morgan_il said:
SWORD21 said:
QUOTE(morgan_il @ Jan 4 2009, 07:16 PM) Guys

No, you need to use x_delta which comes with the ppf file. Just read this post - the archive that contains the ppf patch also has a readme with how to patch it and the executable used to patch.
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...p;#entry1024105]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...p;#entry1024105[/url]
Xdelta doesn't work for some reason, but I'm downloading the torrents right now.

D

Deleted User

but i don't want to waste 4.3Gb of my usage.....

Well, somehow i got it to kinda work.
I put the original in, wait till that loads. then swap it for the haxed one.
I can play with characters i didnt mod. But when i go to play with one i did mod (pikachu) the game just freezes and after a minute or so goes to a black screen...

Chud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP!

When I wiiscrubb the iso file , when it is finished I have the same size .iso file as before I scrubbed it!
frown.gif

It doesn't make it 4gb for me?

What am I doing worng? I followed each step in the tut...

Please help I want to be able to play ssbb!

Thanks,

-Chud-

D

Deleted User

you need to get version 1a or something of wiiscrubber, one of the early versions.
It only kept the first layer.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chud said:
HELP!

When I wiiscrubb the iso file , when it is finished I have the same size .iso file as before I scrubbed it!
frown.gif

It doesn't make it 4gb for me?

What am I doing worng? I followed each step in the tut...

Please help I want to be able to play ssbb!

Thanks,

-Chud-
Wii scrubber doesn't actually make it smaller, it just replaces some files with other ones I think. It like cleans the files. But I've only tried it with the latest wii scrubber so I don't know if it works with the older ones. You should try either applying the patch in the first post, trying to do it the longer way (read the first post), or just download a torrent of it.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
but i don't want to waste 4.3Gb of my usage.....

Well, somehow i got it to kinda work.
I put the original in, wait till that loads. then swap it for the haxed one.
I can play with characters i didnt mod. But when i go to play with one i did mod (pikachu) the game just freezes and after a minute or so goes to a black screen...
Swap it? You mean while it's playing? If you don't have it, get the backup gamma channel with the 002 fix. Some freezes occur because of the textures. Some textures just do that. Try fixing up or changing the texture, or maybe it has to deal with hexing. I also think it's sometimes wii scrubber. A few textures didn't work for me at first, so I replaced them again on the same costume and it worked the second time. Either that, or you replaced the wrong type of file such as a .pac instead of a .pcs file.

Ironnoobx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello im truly Having Problems with getting my Iso from Dvd9 to dvd5, Okay, I have the wii Scrubber final, The thing is though When I scrubbed the Iso it did not shrink to the 4.37.. Okay so i did some research and found out that Wii scrubber does not actually shrinks the size but just convert them to 00 and other stuff so Winrar and other files can zip them. is that completely true? Because from the tutorial he says just run the wii scrubber and it should knock it down to 4.7gb

So once I found this out, I found a Common key for the trucha signer i have went through and replaced the key.bin with the registry bin. it let me open the scrubbed iso, also i completely replaced all of the Useless stuff with one provided in a download ssbb-ntscusa-dvd5_v1.1 so after that i trucha signed it and tried to scrub it again see if i did something wrong and still 7.46 gb. but when i Winrar it, it only compress to 6.5 gig still too Big

What am I doing wrong is there a certain Key.bin or something?

I did the patch way as well.

the first time I came up with ID3_SOmething_INvalid_File Or something like, but when i put the unscrubbed and ran the Program to CMD it came up with something like "to override output specify -f: new.iso"

the new.iso idea came from the read-me file in the "ssbb_dvd5_patch_2.1" folder

Note: This is My second Brawl Iso. The one i have now was upload by WiiWizard I had originally found a Dvd9 version of brawl but i decided on torrenting the WiiWizards release since thats what they are Basing their tutorial off of.

I really need ive spent almost over 15-16 hours trying figure out whats wrong, now im just stumped and out of ideas, help would really be appreciated

Ironnoobx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where can you download a Pre-made One at?? Ive seen them all over then net but they are NTSC to PAL and I dont need that Kind, I just Need the US version Only do you have a Link that you can Direct me too?

bbman233615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me too,i want the one with "SSBB DVD5 MOD v1.1" patched , not abc99 patch, because he didn't include the 001 and green fix, if any one could upload it to megaupload or megashare, plz ty:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    thank you
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I'm kinda new here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Xbox ditched the all digital trash can
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @pball79, so what brings you here?
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I originally came here to get themes for my vWii, but I got distracted by these chatrooms
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    so I made an account
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @pball79, here im mostly active in the chat btw
    +1
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    I'm probably gonna stay here as well
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Coming back to my house in 30 min
    +1
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Concept: pinocchio but instead of his nose growing, everything BUT his nose grows
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    everything else you say?
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Except that.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would do anything for love, but I won't do that? Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each time psi lies his penis does in fact get bigger
    +1
    Lol damn so that's why it's tiny... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks pretty massive to me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks don't matter, you gotta sample the product first
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If it didn't then why won't your wife leave my place
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    rick james- Cocaine is a hella of a drug
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh for real tho, tell her to get food on her way home, I feel like cheeseburgers tonight
    +1
    Tried to get McDonald's on the way home app glitched lol
    Now I'm like ughh what to eat....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They keep bringing back $1 big macs the bastards know how to fuel addiction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apps should allow us to use deals and rewards two sperate things
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Apps should allow us to use deals and rewards two sperate things