• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,849
  • Replies 6
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted User

OP

Metroidconstruction forum user kkzero made a hilarious Metroid Prime 3 mod with its text modded with the result of multiple iterations of Google Translate.
He released patches for the original Metroid Prime 3 and the Metroid Trilogy version.
There are a few things he intentionally left out.
-Most unused texts. Obviously no one will be seeing these, and it just takes up more of my time to do them.
-Various textures/models. That isn't my realm of expertise.
-Credits narration clip. Vocals aren't center-panned in this one, and distributing an almost verbatim music file has legal issues(I know it's debatable please don't try starting an argument about it kthx).
1.0a note: This process is now much less tedious and fixes NoARAM.
1.0b note: WiiScrubber ded

Well, here we are, the most painful part of getting this thing set up. Before following these steps, I advise you to destress yourself, do some stretching, take some deep breaths, exercise, whatever helps you, so that you feel ready to take this on without pulling your hair out. Repeat this process throughout these steps if you feel really annoyed that you can't get it working, it'll help you get yourself back together. Got it? Let's get going, then.
I didn't do anything like an xdelta patch this time because of how man-handled Wii isos can be.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Bare minimum
-Your iso that you hopefully acquired via means of backing up your own game
-The tools in this zip
-Wii Backup Fusion
-Dolphin (should you choose to emulate, also can handle iso extraction)
For real hardware
-Homebrewed Wii
-Physical copy of Metroid Prime 3 (for Riivolution)
-Riivolution (not recommended!)
-Sufficient cIOS installations (should you choose to run right from the USB)
-SDHC card (should you do Riivolution, I recommend 8GB or higher to leave space for other tools)
*Regular SD cards have a size limit of 2GB on the Wii, which can't even store all the modded files

Note that this will not cover the step of homebrewing your system, for that I recommend the site wii.guide. What you shouldn't do is browse random YouTube tutorials as they are known to be inaccurate.

The files being dealt with for this mod are:
FrontEnd.pak
GuiDVD.pak
GuiNAND.pak
InGameAudio.pak
Logbook.pak
Metroid1.pak
Metroid3.pak
Metroid4.pak
Metroid5.pak
Metroid6.pak
Metroid7.pak
Metroid8.pak
MiscData.pak
NoARAM.pak
UniverseArea.pak
Worlds.pak

THE STEPS
1. Open Wii Backup Fusion. Set up the WIT Path in options if needed, then click "Load" in the "Files" tab and navigate to the folder with your Prime 3 iso.
2. Highlight the Prime 3 iso in the file list and click "Extract image", and choose where to extract the files.
3. Copy/Paste the paks listed above into the "new" folder provided. Run auto.bat.
4. Copy the listed paks out of "new/replace" and replace the ones in your extracted iso with them.
5. Use Wii Backup Fusion to send the extracted iso with the modded files to a new image.
If you intend to emulate, launch the modded iso in Dolphin.
If you're intending on using a USB loader, copy the iso to your storage device, preferably a hard drive, and launch the modded game through your loader.

If any issues arise with patching, don't hesitate to contact me about it. I'm generally always checking notifications and such, so I'll help you out if you ask.
However, I'm not the most knowledgable on homebrew-specific issues, so I'd recommend consulting somewhere such as r/wiihacks for such issues.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly this will probably be a bit big to point people at when they wonder why we need a person that speaks both languages in a translation rather than machine translation.

Do like to see such things be made though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo