How long will it take the people behind the sigpatches to work on 17.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafpoop

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I accidentally updated too but can't find any sigpatches - yes, I'm aware I'm not supposed to update and should have waited. I was just high af and wanted to play mario wonder after realizing it was out and hadn't updated my Switch in months and figured "it's probably safe" when I saw atmosphere available. So.. just checking, still no sigpatches, right?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sigpatches are usually released here. Current version is for Atmosphere 1.5.5 and firmware 16.1.0.
@impeeza provided a version for Atmosphere 1.6.1 (pre-release) and firmware 16.1.0 here.
sys-patch, a module that patches fs, es, ldr and nifm on boot is being updated as we speak. Currently, games work but forwarders and XCI installs don't. if you need the later, you should downgrade to 16.1.0 via Daybreak.

Or you can just wait it out. ETA? Unknown. Whenever it happens, it happens. At least, we have some options up there. No game yet requires firmware 17.0.0 so that's plus.

Last edited by Blythe93,

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have it on good authority that sys-patch fixes most games on 17.0, though apparently not all of them. And I'm playing Mario Wonders on 16.1, so really why anyone would update to 17.0 at this juncture is beyond me.

MYsteriu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I accidentally updated my OFW too and currently I'm in the state of sysnand being unusuable and emu having the issue with the sleep functionality, I wonder if I update my atmosphere & hekate would that fix the issues?

I didn't touch anything beside the OFW update (through hekate reboot > OFW) does that mean my sys and emu are still in older patch firmware? sorry for newb questions but I need to clear the fog.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I accidentally updated my OFW too and currently I'm in the state of sysnand being unusuable and emu having the issue with the sleep functionality, I wonder if I update my atmosphere & hekate would that fix the issues?

I didn't touch anything beside the OFW update (through hekate reboot > OFW) does that mean my sys and emu are still in older patch firmware? sorry for newb questions but I need to clear the fog.
Whenever you update your firmware you will also have to update Atmosphere/hekate.
That being said, make sure you do that and your sys/emuNAND will become useable again.
Since this pre-release is a bit "hidden", here is the link for the current AMS version https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.6.1-prerelease

MYsteriu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Whenever you update your firmware you will also have to update Atmosphere/hekate.
That being said, make sure you do that and your sys/emuNAND will become useable again.
Since this pre-release is a bit "hidden", here is the link for the current AMS version
Thank you for your response, doing that will fix the sys/emu but will I be able to play the games on CFW or would I have to wait for sigpatches? This is why I'm asking about the Firmware relationship between each other.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your response, doing that will fix the sys/emu but will I be able to play the games on CFW or would I have to wait for sigpatches? This is why I'm asking about the Firmware relationship between each other.
Sigpatches are usually released here. Current version is for Atmosphere 1.5.5 and firmware 16.1.0.
@impeeza provided a version for Atmosphere 1.6.1 (pre-release) and firmware 16.1.0 here.
sys-patch, a module that patches fs, es, ldr and nifm on boot is being updated as we speak. Currently, games work but forwarders and XCI installs don't. if you need the later, you should downgrade to 16.1.0 via Daybreak.

Or you can just wait it out. ETA? Unknown. Whenever it happens, it happens. At least, we have some options up there. No game yet requires firmware 17.0.0 so that's plus.
I'll just quote this message from a few posts earlier

Games downloaded from the eShop will work like that (meaning preferably on a stock sysNAND), to play backups (whether your own or your friend's) you need to install sigpatches.

Reactions: Blythe93

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anything change if you downgrade? I don't have an emunand. I only use a sysnand. Will downgrading remove any files, or do you lose anything at all, such as games, saves, etc.? Thanks for the response(s). I appreciate it!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does anything change if you downgrade? I don't have an emunand. I only use a sysnand. Will downgrading remove any files, or do you lose anything at all, such as games, saves, etc.? Thanks for the response(s). I appreciate it!
Yes, you change the version number and functions back to 16.1.0.

If you gonna downgrade, do a nand backup first!

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If all goes well, you lose nothing.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally would not advise downgrading a sysNAND, only your emuNAND since it's a lot less hassle to create a new emuNAND than restoring a bricked sysNAND, in case something went wrong in the process of downgrading, also to generally ensure you stay unbanned.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would not advise downgrading a sysNAND, only your emuNAND since it's a lot less hassle to create a new emuNAND than restoring a bricked sysNAND, in case something went wrong in the process of downgrading, also to generally ensure you stay unbanned.
I've been banned for years. Thank you all for the responses.

Reactions: HalfScoper

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the 16.1.0 files and use Daybreak to downgrade. I did it on my sysnand and it worked flawlessly.
Important note here. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU UPDATED TO 17.0 USING THE NORMAL SYSTEM UPDATE. The system burns efuses when updating normally and will stop the system from being able to boot on older firmwares. I believe emunand is fine here. Just OFW is a big no no.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Important note here. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU UPDATED TO 17.0 USING THE NORMAL SYSTEM UPDATE. The system burns efuses when updating normally and will stop the system from being able to boot on older firmwares. I believe emunand is fine here. Just OFW is a big no no.
Nah you can update fine via Nintendo. It's when you boot without Hekate or Atmosphere fuses gets burned. So you can burn fuses even after using Daybreak.

EDIT: Also Atmosphere should patch out the fuses as well. So they will always be "approved" in the system.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah you can update fine via Nintendo. It's when you boot without Hekate or Atmosphere fuses gets burned. So you can burn fuses even after using Daybreak.

EDIT: Also Atmosphere should patch out the fuses as well. So they will always be "approved" in the system.
See I assumed it was only the latter.

chikoo_69

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you are wrong a did my update to 17 from the system and i downgraded to 16.1.0 never used emunand....even if you update sysnand from the nintendo update, as long as you are on atmosphere, the efuses are not burned

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Booting via Bootloader aka Hekate disables Fusecheck. so booting Emunand or stock is fine if downgraded. if you boot without bootloader, then you wont be able to boot.

Reactions: Ryab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and the morning cuz school