Gaming HOW DO YOU FEEL AFTER NINTENDO'S E3 Presentation?

Did you like Nintendo's E3?

• YES- It was awesome

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NO- It was Crap

Votes: 88 80.7%
  • I DON'T CARE- Then why am I reading this thread?

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
why would you expect info on the NX when they specifically said, when they first mentioned the NX, that they would not release any information on it until 2016?
Because i have better things to do than reading whats going to be on a presentation, i prefer watching it and being surprised ;), sadly i wasnt :(

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't change the fact that Mario Maker is nothing like the game design process. They hand you a bunch of pre-made tools and say "make a level". You don't have to design new objects, new items, new anything. It'd be like toting Little Big Planet as a developer training tool.
Again, it's exactly like the level design part of game design. No it's not the whole process but it's not claiming to be.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Again, it's exactly like the level design part of game design. No it's not the whole process but it's not claiming to be.
I'm pretty sure Reggie believed it to be, and that was Foxi's point. Reggie was toting it as a dev training tool. As if this was the whole process. This was level design. Nothing else going into it. The point was either Reggie was stupid or Reggie was stupid.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fukk you lot I thought it was great..... for the first 5 minutes....
The muppets thing was funny to watch and knocked the constant annoying fake whooping in the Sony show on its head. Starfox looks great too! Wonderfully, unashamedly retro looking, not even an attempt at a modern look, and come on, if it looked like Halo 5 did it wouldn't have felt like Starfox. The speed makes me think 60fps too which is good news!
Then Reggie came on.....:lol: And that was that! Fukkin bloke waffled for about 5 minutes, and I can condense what he said into 1 sentence:

"Sorry guys but this show is gonna be shite"

Coz that's exactly what he said - Sod the Wii U, no ones buying it, we keep our shit for the NX, sod telling you about the NX coz we're arseholes like that and instead we'll tell we're going through a transformation and all that bollocks... 3DS? Yeah we'll chuck a couple of good stuff up there (which'll do me as I have one), but again since we're going through a "transformation" sod that as well really...

Animal Crossing Amiibo party game? Jesus H....
In all honesty I was expecting it not to be much cop, but really even I was shocked how bad it was...

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This shit was fucking worse than EA's presentation. Thank god I'm not much of an animal crossing or metroid fan, I don't think I could stand that kind of rape.

DO NOT remind me of Animal Crossing. I was really hoping for a (true Animal Crossing) console game with multiplayer that I could play with my wife but we get a god damned party game. What a lost opportunity here. When my wife says that sh enjoyed Sony's conference more than Nintendo, we're in deep shit. Mind you we both started off as huge Nintendo gamers, then I want OUYA/Wii U and to this day my wife loves the general Nintendo fare of cute platformers and everything Yoshi. Nintendo turned us both off today. I'm still fuming. It's so bad that I'm focusing this evening on my "PC-to-OUYA via Kainy" game streaming project.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DO NOT remind me of Animal Crossing. I was really hoping for a (true Animal Crossing) console game with multiplayer that I could play with my wife but we get a god damned party game. What a lost opportunity here. When my wife says that sh enjoyed Sony's conference more than Nintendo, we're in deep shit. Mind you we both started off as huge Nintendo gamers, then I want OUYA/Wii U and to this day my wife loves the general Nintendo fare of cute platformers and everything Yoshi. Nintendo turned us both off today. I'm still fuming. It's so bad that I'm focusing this evening on my "PC-to-OUYA via Kainy" game streaming project.
Re: Bold bit... Ugh, don't even get me started! Personally I love the look of Yoshi ever since it was first announced, and am a huge fan of Kirby's Epic Yarn, but that part of the show has killed the game off for me... When they get some lass on there talking about the game that can't even program, and instead focuses on the feckin Amiibo, THEN turns round and says it'll even challenge hardcore gamers who might not get every item in a level on their first go? Let's be honest lads, a hardcore gamer in Nintendo's eyes is someone that knows which way up you hold a fukkin joypad, and that's it. Epic Yarn was fresh and full of neat tricks, but to make another game that's clearly gonna be so piss easy again....:angry:

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With Zelda's absence, we knew it would be underwhelming at best.
I did not think it would be this bad, though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No Foxy that wasn't me your getting confused, that was someone else who had an avatar of half there 3DS missing lol but yes I did comment on it as well at the time cause it was funny, probably a mix up! not sure the touchscreen makes a good drawing pad though :P also no your right I can't be trusted either, I always bolt my load before I withdraw that's why I have so many kids!
I do apologize - come to think of it, it was a different member indeed. My bad, I'll redact the statement. I tend to recognize people by avatars and I got you mixed up with someone else. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Nathan Drake is right, I'm afraid - this really is a poor man's LBP, that was a very good analogy. A level editor is usually a cool addition to a game, not "the" game.

Reactions: Reecey

loco365

Trophies
XP
It was really lacking. All we got were a few updates on announcements made last year, and a few game announcements, most of which seemed rather boring. The Animal Crossing game thing was a disgrace, really, it's basically a Mario Party clone. At least now that we have a date for the Home Designer game that'll give us a narrow window for the release date of the NFC platform for other 3DS users. Starfox Zero was probably the hit of the entire show, even though it's been discussed for around 2 years, and the Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam game looks somewhat interesting. That's really about it though. Nintendo should have saved some of the announcements, like the EarthBound announcement, for this presentation so it wouldn't have sucked as bad as it did.

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why everyones so butthurt about it. The Metroid game doesnt look bad, just cartoony, so the Metroid Internet Defence Force crawled out of the woodwork to defend their waifu. I wasnt blown away, but I really think everyone is being too harsh. The WiiU is getting Zelda, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade. What more do you guys want?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping for a main series Pokemon game, and kind of worried that Gamefreak will just stick to SMD. I guess that's fine, give more of a layoff between Pokemon games because they've been releasing main series ones every year. That would indicate 2016 being a Yellow remake, or something to reflect Pokemon's 20th anniversary that year. Other than that, the other stuff, don't mind.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is that Animal Crossing board game they showed literally just "Go around the board and things happen" and not have any mini-games? Like it was so fucking dull to watch, at that point you're just playing a fancy Candyland.

It just seems like they didn't even try. It's a big anniversary for Mario and we get fucking Mario Maker as their big showcase. Not some Super Mario Galaxy-esque game of huge proportions, just "Hey, we were too lazy to make Mario this year so you guys can do it." I mean it was the 20th anniversary for Final Fantasy VII and its getting a huge bonafied remake.

Then half the show as just Amiibos like anyone actually cares about their overpriced, cheap figures.

There seemed to be way too many 3DS games and all of them were underwhelming. The Wii U still feels dead in the water, I don't like Zelda and even I was hoping for the new Zelda just because everything else was so dull.

Really everyone's E3 presentations sucked, I mean there's a couple games I'm looking forward to from the conference (mainly Just Cause 3 and Dark Souls III) but everything else is just... bland. It feels like late generation E3s where they're too far in to make any exciting games not far enough in to hype and announce new hardware.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know why everyones so butthurt about it. The Metroid game doesnt look bad, just cartoony, so the Metroid Internet Defence Force crawled out of the woodwork to defend their waifu. I wasnt blown away, but I really think everyone is being too harsh. The WiiU is getting Zelda, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, and Xenoblade. What more do you guys want?
How about something people didn't already know was coming? I don't know if you've noticed, but the Wii U release schedule is pretty bare bones as far as noteworthy releases go. As it stands, half of those are coming out in the latter half of this year (really the last quarter), which means there are currently only two games worth maybe looking forward to for 2016 with Fire Emblem x SMT still being a mystery of what can actually be expected and Zelda being really up in the air for how good it might be. You may be satisified with the absolute bare minimum, but other people aren't and shouldn't have to be.

And people are mad at the Metroid title because it isn't a Metroid game. At all. In any conceivable way. They just borrowed enemies, made you a generic character, and made a cheapy multiplayer experience. Considering people have been asking for a new Metroid of any kind, a Prime like game or 2D, for years now, it's pretty damn disappointing that this poor excuse for a Metroid title is all they're willing to give anybody. If the content wasn't bad enough, the game looks like it would run on a DS. That's disappointment icing on the disappointment cake.

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I'm the only one okay with a casual, cartoony Metroid game. Retro has been working on something since 2014, who knows what that is. If you are looking forward to a hardcore Metroid, put your faith in that.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I first saw that Paper Mario was gonna mix with the Mario & Luigi series, I was kinda sad. I like both separately but didn't imagine they'd work together.
After watching the trailer though, it looks pretty solid. I'll definitely give it a try.

Other than that, pretty shit presentation. As people said, just a bunch of repeats of crap we already knew for the most part.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I guess I'm the only one okay with a casual, cartoony Metroid game. Retro has been working on something since 2014, who knows what that is. If you are looking forward to a hardcore Metroid, put your faith in that.
Nobody else is okay with a cartoony Metroid game because Metroid isn't cartoony, it's a game about a woman who was adopted by aliens after space pirates murdered her parents and who trained until she became a deadly bounty hunter with no feelings on a quest for revenge. That's not a cartoony woo-hoo feel-good kick-a-ball-around plot, that's pretty dark for Nintendo. They've done it once with Zelda and the series still hasn't recovered from its toony rut, now they're murdering their last mature IP and people are understandably upset.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really everyone's E3 presentations sucked, I mean there's a couple games I'm looking forward to from the conference (mainly Just Cause 3 and Dark Souls III) but everything else is just... bland. It feels like late generation E3s where they're too far in to make any exciting games not far enough in to hype and announce new hardware.
bethseda had a pretty good show for a first time anyway
jc3 looks great also

Last edited by Joe88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...