ROM Hack How do I convert a .romfs to a .cia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalSeekerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys, so here is the background of my issue.

I decided to make my own custom rom. I took some changes off of DieVento rom (https://projectpokemon.org/forums/s...ld-Encounter-options!-New-Video-Install-Guide!)

and added my own. I followed his guide and got my rom to boot in homebrew. The issue here is that homebrew won't boot when i run a NTR 3.4 preview 2. So is there a way I can take my .romfs and convert it to a .cia to directly install the rom on to my 3ds?

Reactions: retrospect

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dump your copy of ORAS ( or find a backup somewhere online ) and extract it. Replace the RomFS with your RomFS hoping everything works. Rebuild everything to a .cia ( google if you need instructions for this ) and you're done.

The main problem is that you need an exHeader and the exeFS additionally to the romFS to build a cia. The cia you build will only work with CFW / A9LH, but you got that already.

EternalSeekerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dump your copy of ORAS ( or find a backup somewhere online ) and extract it. Replace the RomFS with your RomFS hoping everything works. Rebuild everything to a .cia ( google if you need instructions for this ) and you're done.

The main problem is that you need an exHeader and the exeFS additionally to the romFS to build a cia. The cia you build will only work with CFW / A9LH, but you got that already.

Well crap I have the exeFS but not the the header. Also when I use the 3DS builder and I link the exeFS I get a message saying it's missing something crucial. Though if I click the bin option it's fine.

I may have to reextract my cartridge. Should I use Hans or is there a better tool I have access to using a9lh/cfw?

Last edited by EternalSeekerX,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I decided to make my own custom rom. I took some changes off of DieVento rom (https://projectpokemon.org/forums/s...ld-Encounter-options!-New-Video-Install-Guide!)

and added my own. I followed his guide and got my rom to boot in homebrew. The issue here is that homebrew won't boot when i run a NTR 3.4 preview 2. So is there a way I can take my .romfs and convert it to a .cia to directly install the rom on to my 3ds?
You can use game mods in NTR with the LayeredFS but you need to build a LayeredFS plugin from the exeFS/code.bin and then place the extracted mod files in the right directory on the SD (you don't even need the whole RomFS, just the modded files)
Once you have the LayeredFS plugin set up it's really easy to add files or make more changes.

Reactions: Koko-Kun

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You could do what Jdbye said. Personally I think doing it as an update is better since you don't have to constantly keep loading NTR, but if you want it as a side thing you should do what Jdbye said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1