Hacking How can I check if I have a MCU brick?

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't work unfortunately :( the more I try, the more it seems to be hardware related :'(
Well, so far, it seems like NTRBoot might work, if you can restore the NAND backup.
It could also be a corrupted NAND backup, because that could definitely be a cause too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IF you have a nand backup.

Reactions: PixelTheKWolf

bensh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, so far, it seems like NTRBoot might work, if you can restore the NAND backup.
It could also be a corrupted NAND backup, because that could definitely be a cause too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IF you have a nand backup.

well I don't think it has something to do with nand backup, as it has no function other than restoring to an old nand state. I was in an discord channel for homebrew yesterday, and after a long discussion we came to the conclusion that it might be hardware related issue, als the text that is beeing displayed for a short time comes from luma, and it should not crash at this point. this could be because maybe the top screen is broken or disconnected and that might throw luma off. but I don't have a small enough screwdriver here right now, so I will check up on that later. I don't want to buy a flashcard to try ntrhax if it really is hardware related, that money would be wasted.

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I don't think it has something to do with nand backup, as it has no function other than restoring to an old nand state. I was in an discord channel for homebrew yesterday, and after a long discussion we came to the conclusion that it might be hardware related issue, als the text that is beeing displayed for a short time comes from luma, and it should not crash at this point. this could be because maybe the top screen is broken or disconnected and that might throw luma off. but I don't have a small enough screwdriver here right now, so I will check up on that later. I don't want to buy a flashcard to try ntrhax if it really is hardware related, that money would be wasted.
Oh sorry, misread your post, I thought the lungs
Luma text did not just flicker

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turns on for a second then the bottom screen flashes once and it shuts off. No sound whatsoever.
Hrmn.. The best i could say to do is do a CTRTransfer via NTRboothax to a working nand image, which you can find online somewhere, most likely on the 3ds.guide website, and attempt upgrading to B9S using a AIO script.

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hrmn.. The best i could say to do is do a CTRTransfer via NTRboothax to a working nand image, which you can find online somewhere, most likely on the 3ds.guide website, and attempt upgrading to B9S using a AIO script.
I can’t even NTRBoot to GodMode9 or luma with it would ctrtransfer with ntrboot work then?

jaysea

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you can't even boot a NTR cartridge? huh... It seems like a odd hardware issue, then.
I think the ribbon cable to the upper screen is broken, but no popping sound

SD slot defective is not the case I think. I have flashed my ntr card with the ntr version of GodMode9 which ntrboots even without SD card.

Last edited by jaysea,

bensh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so just to inform you guys, as we suspected, I unscrewed the 3ds today, and found a torn ribbon cable. so it's not luma or anything, but a dead 3DS for me :( How can a ribbon cable get torn in a closed console? I don't get it :'(

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so just to inform you guys, as we suspected, I unscrewed the 3ds today, and found a torn ribbon cable. so it's not luma or anything, but a dead 3DS for me :( How can a ribbon cable get torn in a closed console? I don't get it :'(
Uh, dropping it is the #1 reason. Ribbon cables are extremely fragile.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, dropping it is the #1 reason. Ribbon cables are extremely fragile.
is that so? i better be careful myself then XD i dropped my 3ds many times XD....

oh god that might explain why my ds mode is partially mcu bricked... cause my gba software still works...

EDIT: almost forgot, dont waste your time posting the link to the troubleshooting guide i did everything already to fix it as well.

Last edited by CodyWGamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0