Homebrew HOMEMenu.co - Your destination for custom 3DS HOME menu assets

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait to see the more interesting things that come from being able to alter the Home Menu beyond these sleep menu screens. For example, I'd love to see that 300 title limit bypassed.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't wait to see the more interesting things that come from being able to alter the Home Menu beyond these sleep menu screens. For example, I'd love to see that 300 title limit bypassed.
That would require editing the code.bin
And people have probably tried that before. Most people here are just working on custom designs. HUD and stuff

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And people have probably tried that before. Most people here are just working on custom designs. HUD and stuff

Yeah, that's what I was told when I asked about it in that other thread. I understand most people are just changing the sleep screen and little things like that, but I'm certain that at some point someone that knows what they're looking for and how to do will take a stab at it and then let us know if they were successful or not. Editing the home menu is a brand new option we have, gotta give it a little bit of time before declaring something to be an impossibility. Hence why I can't wait until someone does just that.

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I was told when I asked about it in that other thread. I understand most people are just changing the sleep screen and little things like that, but I'm certain that at some point someone that knows what they're looking for and how to do will take a stab at it and then let us know if they were successful or not. Editing the home menu is a brand new option we have, gotta give it a little bit of time before declaring something to be an impossibility. Hence why I can't wait until someone does just that.
Well tbh, i was notified that altering the home menu was done a while ago, and that its just surfacing now. So if it hasnt been released yet, that makes the chances more slim then they already were.
But if it can be done, and someone has found a way to do such a thing, then i hope they will release how they did it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well we are just trying to figure out everything that can be done atm. Well @TheDeKay and @Traiver are atleast xD (Sorry if i missed someone) I havent had time to look, but they have found alot so far. Im hoping that we will be able to change whatever we want tbh xD

Last edited by Lumince,
Reactions: Traiver

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate... HATE this kind of questions...
I see this kind of question too many times...
Yeah, me too. Heck, it isn't even "9.2 only" and if you have homebrew access on 10.7 you should've downgraded and gotten a CFW by now anyways.

(Vanilla) 10.7 can run userland code and can not modify anything permanently on the 3DS, or run unsigned code straight from the system or home menu. Also, it can't access the full powers of the system. With exploits like svchax, though, you can downgrade to 9.2 which, with a CFW like Luma3DS, can run unsigned code, emuNAND, etc, and with A9LH you can do that on any firmware.
you guys beat up on him a lil too much. (There should be no beating up at all, here at GBAtemp)
He asked a legitimate question. Different homebrews run on different FWs.
So now, I have a legit question. So. To run this you need 9.2<=, right? Well, to play SSB you need >9.2.
So the only options for me would be 10.7 A9LH sysnand Or sysNAND 9.2 + emuNAND 10.7, correct? (To run both SSB and Home Menu Assets)

Reactions: pemt

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the only options for me would be 10.7 A9LH sysnand Or sysNAND 9.2 + emuNAND 10.7, correct? (To run both SSB and Home Menu Assets)
To run this you need some way to run unsigned CIAs, which 9.2 sysnand, an emunand, or updated A9LH sysnand will provide. I don't think Smash 4 required anything over 9.2, but I'm sure the patches and DLC do. So yeah, pretty much.

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
you guys beat up on him a lil too much. (There should be no beating up at all, here at GBAtemp)
He asked a legitimate question. Different homebrews run on different FWs.
So now, I have a legit question. So. To run this you need 9.2<=, right? Well, to play SSB you need >9.2.
To run this you need some way to run unsigned CIAs, which 9.2 sysnand, an emunand, or updated A9LH sysnand will provide. I don't think Smash 4 required anything over 9.2, but I'm sure the patches and DLC do. So yeah, pretty much.
Not having an emuNAND setup if you are on 9.0 - 9.2 is retarded anyway. (At least if you are looking into stuff like custom home menus etc.)
There is no solid reason doing it on your sysNAND if you don't have A9LH (which let's you do this on 10.7) or if you have an emuNAND on 9.2
You risk bricking if you are doing it wrong. And people have bricked trying to restore the default homemenu or installing custom homemenus over a custom one.
And it's completely retarded to risk this for a custom menu.
This is really just an additional Feature to what you can do if you do have a A9LH or an emuNAND. (And if you are on 9.2 or below it is really easy to set up an emuNAND. Therefore you should)
(And A9LH is probably safer to get than downgrading to 9.2 by now... therefore there aren't a lot of reasons not to go the whole way.)
And since this is not a homebrew at all but includes cia installing... this question was self explainatory.

Last edited by Zan',

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(And A9LH is probably safer to get than downgrading to 9.2 by now... therefore there aren't a lot of reasons not to go the whole way.)
No. xD
Downgrading is literally dragging some files you downloaded into a folder and clicking a button. I've downgraded LITERALLY 4 or 5 times in the past month and it's simple and safe. :P
a9lh is like AT LEAST 3 hours of vigorous moving files around waiting and dying inside and selling your soul to satan and making sure you have every detail down to a science so you maybe don't brick your $200 device.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
No. xD
Downgrading is literally dragging some files you downloaded into a folder and clicking a button. I've downgraded LITERALLY 4 or 5 times in the past month and it's simple and safe. :P
a9lh is like AT LEAST 3 hours of vigorous moving files around waiting and dying inside and selling your soul to satan and making sure you have every detail down to a science so you maybe don't brick your $200 device.
I've A9LH'd...four devices now? It's roughly an hour process or so now, if even that.

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
No. xD
You're the first person I've ever heard say it was less than 3 hours. xD
Let's not derail this thread though. :P
If that takes you MORE than 3 hours you are doing stuff wrong.
I set up EmuNANDs including downgrading in less than 30 minutes.
And A9LH is literally just downgrading your emuNAND (rexoring if you are on n3DS).
Flashing EmuNAND to SysNAND after validating. Starting EmuNAND. Grabbing the OTP. Installing A9LH in about 1 second after getting the OTP. And reflashing a Proper Version NAND into your sysNAND.
At that point you may even kill your emuNAND.
The downgrade and both nand flashes take 30 minutes AT MAX. (including XORING)
Therefore it's perfectly valid to say A9LH can be done in less than 1h from an EmuNAND setup.

I have done it in about 1h(-1:30h) from stock. Whoever needs more than 3h for this is either completely new, has dyslexia and reads REALLY slow, has the worst download speed of all time, or is mentally retarded. (OR had EXTREMELY bad lucky with downgrading)

And by saying A9LH is SAFER than downgrading I meant. If you downgrade you have a chance of having an UNRECOVERABLE brick. (from 9.3+)
If you already have an emuNAND this means you have already 9.2 and therefore you have access to NAND dumping.
Most of the A9LH setup happens in EmuNAND due to SAFETY. You downgrade the EMUNAND. if anything goes wrong you throw in a NAND backup.
If you downgraded to 2.1 on emuNAND the NAND can be validated to see if it WOULD BE RUNNING.
Flashing from emuNAND into sysNAND is pretty safe. If anything messes up you should still be in Decrypt9 and can fix it. (It is unlikely to mess up)
Therefore you have a pretty much guaranteed chance of not bricking.
And after being on 2.1 sys you get your OTP (which can't brick you) then install A9LH (which shouldn't brick you - and if the installer messes up. you can reinstall if you didn't try to restart yet.
I believe you can even validate your A9LH install by now)
Then you can flash in higher version sysNAND with keeping A9LH. (If this should mess up you already have access to A9LH which let's you flash a NAND backup)
Even though people are scared to death by "all the complicated steps which could brick them". There is basically no room for a brick which isn't recoverable from (even without hardmod).
And IN CASE YOU SHOULD brick. you still have a NAND backup which lets you do a hard mod in the worst case scnario and recover from it. (I mean if you bricked at that point you don't have anything to lose anyway. So why not hardmod to recover).

Last edited by Zan',

Zan'

Trophies
XP
Country
To-Do:(Comment or msg me any suggestions)
1. User/Upload System
2. Download Count​
It would be really cool to have like a "like" function or something. Maybe let people be able to comment?
And a visible download count.
Based on that you could have a "top voted" or "most popular" or something

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be really cool to have like a "like" function or something. Maybe let people be able to comment?
And a visible download count.
Based on that you could have a "top voted" or "most popular" or something
Thank you for your input! Hopefully we can get that once we get the website redone for that. (Which i really hope will happen.)

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
42c7a4b3f1a8e0736d16e9ffc345af27.png

Lumince

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, I forgot about this so long ago. To be honest it was just a pain for me to have to reinstall the old homemenu, update, then re-edit the homemenu again and install it again... It was just tedious so I just gave up on editing it.

Not my work btw, I just had fun editing it and finding small things. I forget his name, but someone else found all of the offsets. Dont want to take the credit.

TheDeKay found them all, dont expect him to share anything though. I dont blame him LOL

Last edited by Lumince,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries