Homebrew Homebrew Development

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Solved!
just curious - you do this frequently - ask a question then mark it solved. Any reason you cant post the solution instead on just marking it solved? I think if you are posting a question to the community looking for assistance/answers then you could update your post with the answer as well. This strikes me as odd that you do this as you generally share code/information in other situations.

Reactions: Garcia98

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
just curious - you do this frequently - ask a question then mark it solved. Any reason you cant post the solution instead on just marking it solved? I think if you are posting a question to the community looking for assistance/answers then you could update your post with the answer as well. This strikes me as odd that you do this as you generally share code/information in other situations.

Cause i don't want to make hard for someone other who asked a question difficult to check if there is an answer. (Cause there were two big codes in the post and adding also the solution would make my old post a very big one).

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Any tips on compiling makerom? The precompiled download seems to be down.
Whenever I try to make it from here I get a spam of warnings, and it eventually reaches an error and stops.
Am I doing it wrong, or is the current version just not stable? Any suggestions on which version I should use?
(I am compiling with MinGW as recommended.)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Reactions: ~Poke~

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, I thought this was doing the trick but it seems to not like my .rsf. Is this the regular makerom, and not some RetroArch specific version?
It says Unrecognised Key: 'Rom' and Unrecognised Key: 'ExeFs'. My .rsf does have these... should I just be removing them?
(I don't have a <=9.2 3ds to test on, I was hoping this would just work as is since other people eg. @daxtsu have managed to compile it ok.)

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, I thought this was doing the trick but it seems to not like my .rsf. Is this the regular makerom, and not some RetroArch specific version?
It says Unrecognised Key: 'Rom' and Unrecognised Key: 'ExeFs'. My .rsf does have these... should I just be removing them?
(I don't have a <=9.2 3ds to test on, I was hoping this would just work as is since other people eg. @daxtsu have managed to compile it ok.)
The format has changed, use the template.rsf in the same directory I linked you to.

Honestly, you will likely keep running into problems, so I suggest just moving your projects over to the citrus library.

make && make install
https://github.com/Steveice10/citrus
then move your project source here
https://github.com/Steveice10/3DSHomebrewTemplate

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: ~Poke~

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
The format has changed, use the template.rsf in the same directory I linked you to.

Honestly, you will likely keep running into problems, so I suggest just moving your projects over to the citrus library.

make && make install
https://github.com/Steveice10/citrus
then move your project source here
https://github.com/Steveice10/3DSHomebrewTemplate
Yeah, you're right, I did run into more problems. (Apparently SystemCallAccess is unrecognised, which is part of the template). Thanks for your suggestion but I'd rather not move the project onto another library. I guess I'll go look for the older makerom before the format changed.

(Sorry, I know this is the "wrong" way to approach it but I'd rather be conservative since CIAs are more of a bonus to me than a goal - a bonus I can't even use. Plus I know it is a working setup as is since other people have already built previous versions.)

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you're right, I did run into more problems. (Apparently SystemCallAccess is unrecognised, which is part of the template). Thanks for your suggestion but I'd rather not move the project onto another library. I guess I'll go look for the older makerom before the format changed.

(Sorry, I know this is the "wrong" way to approach it but I'd rather be conservative since CIAs are more of a bonus to me than a goal - a bonus I can't even use. Plus I know it is a working setup as is since other people have already built previous versions.)
You don't need to use the citrus library code, you can just drop your source files in the homebrew template and overwrite the pre-existing ones. It's worth it to have a better and current build environment.

ProvenDantheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I load and play a WAV file in C++? I've looked through other people's source, but I just can't get it to work. I'm working on something very special that I want to show off in the near future.

Last edited by ProvenDantheman,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

if you don't want the citrus HB template, use mine on Github.

https://github.com/thedax/3DSHomebrewTemplate

It's basically Steve's minus citrus and the other requirements.

Reactions: ~Poke~ and zoogie

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why hasn't the 9.3+ exploit been released yet? I remember some guy posted saying he wanted to grow the hype a while longer, but don't we want it enough already? Was he completely lying? Was there no exploit found at all? If this is the case, what's the progress on finding one?

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why hasn't the 9.3+ exploit been released yet? I remember some guy posted saying he wanted to grow the hype a while longer, but don't we want it enough already? Was he completely lying? Was there no exploit found at all? If this is the case, what's the progress on finding one?

That was a lie.

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country

3DHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello I'm new
I explain my problem
When you compile 3dscraft me error:
Code:
blocks.bin
cloud.bin
cursor.bin
terrain.bin
test.vsh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:/devkitPro/msys/aemstro_as.py", line 665, in <module>
    parseLine(dvlb.getDVLP(), vsh_dvle, line, False)
  File "c:/devkitPro/msys/aemstro_as.py", line 643, in parseLine
    dirList[name](dvlp, dvle, r.group(2))
  File "c:/devkitPro/msys/aemstro_as.py", line 535, in parseOut
    s[2]=s[2].replace(" ", "")
IndexError: list index out of range
make[1]: *** [test.vsh.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
sorry for my English

Last edited by 3DHacks,

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm new
I explain my problem
When you compile 3dscraft me error:
Code:
blocks.bin
cloud.bin
cursor.bin
terrain.bin
test.vsh
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:/devkitPro/msys/aemstro_as.py", line 665, in <module>
    parseLine(dvlb.getDVLP(), vsh_dvle, line, False)
  File "c:/devkitPro/msys/aemstro_as.py", line 643, in parseLine
    dirList[name](dvlp, dvle, r.group(2))
  File "c:/devkitPro/msys/aemstro_as.py", line 535, in parseOut
    s[2]=s[2].replace(" ", "")
IndexError: list index out of range
make[1]: *** [test.vsh.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
sorry for my English
Did you install Python? If so which version? You may also want to check that you have the correct version of aemstro installed.

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
according to both testing and #3dsdev both do work (for example 3ds.js doesn't use the prefix).

Have initialized everything?

I believe so. Everything worked well in citra but it was failing to find files without sdmc:/ in the path on my 3DS.

I can't see I've missed anything but I was looking at this for hours nearly falling asleep at my PC so I could have missed something else. I'm just happy I got it working for now.

Reactions: filfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we all like nice things, sure, but I also want to keep money on the side
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd have the same mentality if money wasn't an object
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having a warped sense can happen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    reason i question myself, but not constantly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If I had Elon money sure I'd have a 20 bedroom home
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only that alone could make me happy, but nope
    :D
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spam account tried getting $10 off me I'm like you didn't have it last week you'll be fine
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spam account tried getting $10 off me I'm like you didn't have it last week you'll be fine