Homebrew Homebrew Development

xem

Trophies
XP
Country
France
From what I can tell, smea's method copies the image data directly into the chosen framebuffer, problem is the framebuffer goes (B,G,R) and the image data goes (R,G,B) so you get the Red and Blue channels swapped.
I wrote myself a crappy python script to swap the R and B in each triplet of bytes around in the bin file first, and that fixed things for me.

I've updated my tools to produce BGR bin files: https://t.co/cG4cgn8WMq

Helreizer543

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/pmedia/3ds-tool - here you are.

I'd planned to provide an rapid prototyping C++-Based OOP-Wrapper oriented on stable code with many features which are replaceable but then noticed how pointless it is or may be. At least I didn't noticed much sense, as it may be better to include such framework into ctrulib.

Anyway, as promised, it contains the rendercode for drawing lines, circles and rectangles.

Have a look: Code Header...

is this for 2d or 3d?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Could anyone build the latest blargsnes revision please? I don't know how to proceed. I have almost no knowledge in makefile stuff :P

I tried, and while it compiles, I get a bunch of warnings, like "implicit declaration" and whatnot. No actual errors though. Then, when testing on my 3DS with an actual ROM, it crashes to the Home menu of the 3DS, saying an error occurred and must restart. I'm using devkitARM. Maybe StapleButter isn't using that but something else that has the declarations in the warnings I'm having.

So, I'm in the same boat. I will note that I compiled other apps, and they ran fine under ninjhax.

Reactions: VinsCool

xem

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,
Can someone please confirm me (or infirm) that we can't use a standard text output in our HBs? We definitely have to load a font-sprite-sheet and draw letters one-by-one? =(

Helreizer543

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
Can someone please confirm me (or infirm) that we can't use a standard text output in our HBs? We definitely have to load a font-sprite-sheet and draw letters one-by-one? =(
no... look at my source or -pm-'s you can define the ascii in a header and then use it.

xem

Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://github.com/helreizerDev/3dshomebrews/blob/master/3Dslife/src/ascii64.h
so that is a binary representation of the 128 ASCII chars, each line of code represents a char, and each number inside the line represents a line of pixel of that char, Each charline converted in binary gives 0 (transparent) / 1 (colored)
right?
That's very nice indeed. We could even go further and do the same thing for all Unicode chars, not only ASCII. Actually, it already exists here, but needs a little bit of processing to convert it in C-like code.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Unifont

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

It should be possible to hook Newlib's main output function, but I'll have to look into how devkitARM defines it (if at all)
So far I've just used bitmap blitting because it's quick to set up

In other news: the PICA is a massive piece of shit that locks up literally all the time and I'm going to make a full OpenGL wrapper that tracks all the state and updates it in the right order to make sure the crap will work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've created few pages related to homebrew on Wiki.
I will try to create page for each homebrew little by little, but listing them is a start ;)
I also added a list of PC utilities (will make a nice table later).

I think all categories are missing some entries (either homebrew or PC utilities). If you created one yourself, please add it to the list. No need to create a page for that homebrew (unless you really want to help me... please do. See example of homebrew page to create or improve it).
There's also a missing category (Exploit. I'll add it later, Gateway/Waffle/WinderMute ROP/Ninjhax)

Currently, only Homebrew and Games categories have existing homebrew page.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew_emulators
All other categories are only lists of existing projects.

I spent some time on it to create all the layouts, I hope you will find it useful and will help maintaining it.
I know it's probably better on 3dbrew, but it's currently very limited and I think they will not list all homebrew or applications, only good/interesting/legalconsidered_alright_by_xbrew_policies projects.
I wanted to make a list of all existing/released to public files.

Reactions: -pm- and filfat

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
I've created few pages related to homebrew on Wiki.
I will try to create page for each homebrew little by little, but listing them is a start ;)
I also added a list of PC utilities (will make a nice table later).

I think all categories are missing some entries (either homebrew or PC utilities). If you created one yourself, please add it to the list. No need to create a page for that homebrew (unless you really want to help me... please do. See example of homebrew page to create or improve it).
There's also a missing category (Exploit. I'll add it later, Gateway/Waffle/WinderMute ROP/Ninjhax)

Currently, only Homebrew and Games categories have existing homebrew page.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew_emulators
All other categories are only lists of existing projects.

I spent some time on it to create all the layouts, I hope you will find it useful and will help maintaining it.
Why not use 3DBrew.org? :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just edited my previous post while you where replying to explain why.

edit:
quoting myself said:
I know it's probably better on 3dbrew, but it's currently very limited and I think they will not list all homebrew or applications, only good/interesting/legalconsidered_alright_by_xbrew_policies projects.
I wanted to make a list of all existing/released to public files. even little Demos and tests like printing boxes or text on screen
Also, I don't have access (I never validated my account when they blocked them) and I'm always afraid of doing something wrong or I shouldn't have done when it's not my place.

Edit2:
Of course, if my work is fine, feel free to copy/paste/move it to 3dbrew. it will be a better place for everyone.
and use the proper header template on 3dbrew.

Reactions: filfat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-