Homebrew Homebrew Controller Mods - Use homebrew GamePad-free!

JackWong

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hey, I just test the HID to VPAD,it works fine with the pro controller.
but if I want to emulate wii u gamepad without gamepad conected, it will only work for the first botton, there is an issue on github describes the problem:Is the #67 issue of maschell's hid_to_vpad.(I'm new here so I can't post a link)

and if I conect the gamepad to the wii u, emulate wii u gamepad will be fine.

Any idea to deal with this?
Is it possible to spoof the wii u that we have a gamepad conected with it?

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just test the HID to VPAD,it works fine with the pro controller.
but if I want to emulate wii u gamepad without gamepad conected, it will only work for the first botton, there is an issue on github describes the problem:Is the #67 issue of maschell's hid_to_vpad.(I'm new here so I can't post a link)

and if I conect the gamepad to the wii u, emulate wii u gamepad will be fine.

Any idea to deal with this?
Is it possible to spoof the wii u that we have a gamepad conected with it?
Smart, I didn't think of using the hid to vpad to completely emulate a WII U Gamepad... but I don't even think it's possible? Because of the chips inside the gamepad

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@GaryOderNichts

I see you have been busy on the scene. Thank you so much for all your work.

I would like to request, and highlight some stuff that might not be totally related to controls, if I may:

- WUPinstaller: Can you make one based on this source. This source removed blacklisting, which allows you to install system titles if needed. Obviously dangerous, but essential for those who know what they are doing.

- WUPinstaller GX2: You already have that, could you just update it to remove the blacklisting, just as the above?

- Savemii mod: Again, you made this already, but please check out this thread. This was the last communication here by @GabyPCgeeK before he unfortunately disappeared. He fixed something and posted several test builds, where one of them worked well. He mentioned another bug in post 13.
Unfortunately, given that there are no sources to the changes, we dont know what he actually changed, but maybe you can check it out?

- Haxchi Installer: You mentioned this on your todo list. There is one already in this thread by @piratesephiroth . The source is there as well. The thread does mention a potential problem though, so maybe you can take a look at that as well.

I hope this has been helpful. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention that @dj_skual made a blacklisted version unofficially. He did not want to release it officially due to fears that people might use it wrong and blame him. He gave me the ok to release it myself for him to avoid any headache. It's in this thread here.

Last edited by Madridi,

JackWong

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Smart, I didn't think of using the hid to vpad to completely emulate a WII U Gamepad... but I don't even think it's possible? Because of the chips inside the gamepad
Ok, but I didn't think of completely emulate a Wii U gamepad through hid_to_vpad. I just think maybe it can work without a gamepad connected since it works well with a gamepad connected.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, but I didn't think of completely emulate a Wii U gamepad through hid_to_vpad. I just think maybe it can work without a gamepad connected since it works well with a gamepad connected.

HID-to-Vpad isn't a substitute for all the functions of the Gamepad - it just sends the button commands. It doesn't replicated the verification chips, and is obviously missing the screen (e.g. for accessing the settings menu).

There is something called DRC Sim that might be able to replicated all of the Gamepad's functionality: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-hacking-the-wii-u-without-a-gamepad.469275/

JackWong

Trophies
XP
Country
China
HID-to-Vpad isn't a substitute for all the functions of the Gamepad - it just sends the button commands. It doesn't replicated the verification chips, and is obviously missing the screen (e.g. for accessing the settings menu).

There is something called DRC Sim that might be able to replicated all of the Gamepad's functionality:
Thank you, drc-sim is great.

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@GaryOderNichts
Hi buddy!
I was browsing through your controller mods and was saw the homebrew launcher, is there any plan to make a rpx build of this including the controller + elf-loading-fix? Would love to have this on for the channel forwarder!

Thanks for all the goodies!

EDIT: what devKit-version are you using btw?

Last edited by jacobsson,

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@GaryOderNichts
Hi buddy!
I was browsing through your controller mods and was saw that the homebrew launcher, is there any plan to make a rpx build of this including the controller + elf-loading-fix? Would love to have this on for the channel forwarder!

Thanks for all the goodies!

EDIT: what devKit-version are you using btw?
I'm using the latest devkitPPC from pacman and some custom wut forks.

Reactions: jacobsson

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm using the latest devkitPPC from pacman and some custom wut forks.
Thanks, I assume it's this fork of the wut?
You might have missed my main question in former reply so I'll just quote myself as a friendly reminder:
"is there any plan to make a rpx build of this including the controller + elf-loading-fix?"

Have a great day!

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, I assume it's this fork of the wut?
You might have missed my main question in former reply so I'll just quote myself as a friendly reminder:
"is there any plan to make a rpx build of this including the controller + elf-loading-fix?"

Have a great day!
That is on my to-do list yeah...
There is also a plan to finish all the Apps in the OP ;)
Maybe I can do that later real quick though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...