[Hoax] Rayman DLC for Smash 4 Leaked

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1€/$ is too expensive for a full smash character? I would understand if it was 5€/$ or 1€/$ for a costume but a full character?
Since Sakurai makes only 1 smash game per console generation people have been wanting DLC for years and Nintendos DLC pricing lately shows that they don't do shitty overpriced DLC like Dead Space did.

I grew up in the era where once you buy a game, you get a full game. I guess I've been spoiled as to expect full games nowadays.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
it's almost unbeliable how some people waste so much time and effort to create a rumour for a trivial thing.. aside from internet views he wouldn't win much (but yeah i guess he monetize the videos)

i am surprised that he really looked on details to make as legit as possible..

i bet he wasted more time on that than nintendo\ubisoft would waste making the actual DLC :rolleyes:

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
At least they supported it. They did all they could. Their games did't sell on the Wii U plus they dont want to spend time, effort and money on a game for a console where it wont sell. And thats thanks to Nintendo themselves for making and inferior console where only their games sells.
UbiSoft instead of going out with a bang they released Watch Dogs on the Wii U which is total crap of a port. Not really sure why it took them 6 months to do this garbage when AC4 came out at the same time of the other plats as it did for the Wii U and it's actually really good!

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UbiSoft instead of going out with a bang they released Watch Dogs on the Wii U which is total crap of a port. Not really sure why it took them 6 months to do this garbage when AC4 came out at the same time of the other plats as it did for the Wii U and it's actually really good!
Although to be fair all versions of watchdogs sucked IMO

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I grew up in the era where once you buy a game, you get a full game. I guess I've been spoiled as to expect full games nowadays.
It appears the concept of DLC flew over your head. DLC how it is supposed to be is essentially releasing more content that is not and never will be part of the full game.
As said by Sakurai himself. Mewtwo was not part of the full game nor the full character roster. He literally started working on Mewtwo after the game went gold to add extra content for those who wish to have extra content.
I would agree to you if we talked about day 1 non cosmetic DLC but we aren't.

Reactions: NEP

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears the concept of DLC flew over your head. DLC how it is supposed to be is essentially releasing more content that is not and never will be part of the full game.
As said by Sakurai himself. Mewtwo was not part of the full game nor the full character roster. He literally started working on Mewtwo after the game went gold to add extra content for those who wish to have extra content.
I would agree to you if we talked about day 1 non cosmetic DLC but we aren't.
I perfectly understand that, I just don't like it, keyword being "I". It's cool that mewtwo is being added but I wouldn't pay for it unless I got it with something physical such as an amiibo. Thankfully I am getting it for "free" since I bought both versions

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I perfectly understand that, I just don't like it, keyword being "I". It's cool that mewtwo is being added but I wouldn't pay for it unless I got it with something physical such as an amiibo. Thankfully I am getting it for "free" since I bought both versions
Well you're previous post certainly didn't sound like that.
But yeah Amiibos are a great "sort of" DLC solution. If only nintendo wouldn't make them so limited

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you're previous post certainly didn't sound like that.
But yeah Amiibos are a great "sort of" DLC solution. If only nintendo wouldn't make them so limited
I don't think Nintendo's making them so limited as much as they can only make so many at a time and have to try to figure out the amount of demand each one will have to know how to allocate their resources.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think Nintendo's making them so limited as much as they can only make so many at a time and have to try to figure out the amount of demand each one will have to know how to allocate their resources.
Well yes but there are ways to figure out the demand before setting the product up for sale and disappointing thousands of people who didn't get there in time.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes but there are ways to figure out the demand before setting the product up for sale and disappointing thousands of people who didn't get there in time.
It's not just about overall demand, but balancing supply of each of the units compared to each other. Mario, for example, is going to have much higher demand than Marth, so they focus their resources on putting out more Mario units than Marth units.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not just about overall demand, but balancing supply of each of the units compared to each other. Mario, for example, is going to have much higher demand than Marth, so they focus their resources on putting out more Mario units than Marth units.
like I said there are ways to figure it out before releasing the product. Like online surveys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or maybe not