Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Several sources are currently circulating a rumour that Rayman will soon enter the roster of Smash Bros. 4 characters, and although initially I didn't think there was a whole lot of stock in it, the video above seems to confirm that either something's cooking or someone's really good at video editing. See for yourself!​
What do you think about all this? Would you welcome Rayman with open arms in Nintendo's beloved brawler franchise, or would you restrain yourself, so as to not make Rayman feel self-conscious about his lack of arms?​
EDIT: Additional 3DS photo, traditionally taken with a low quality camera and in poor lighting, as is the case with all rumours:​
t20amfi.jpg
EDIT 2: Confirmed fake​

Discuss!​

Reactions: Margen67 and T-hug

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well I believe it's not photoshopped. Though the real question is, did he simply modify the rom? This day an age, we can decrypt and repack roms now, so it would be hard to prove this leak unless he has footage of Rayman in action. Just a mere menu icon isn't enough because that's one of the first things that can be altered in a rom in the early stages of rom hacking. Model swaps/animations are harder to do and I suspect that hasn't happened yet for SSB 3DS..But simple graphics replacements/additions? Perhaps this could be an early instance of it.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even as a rumour and not the biggest Rayman fan, I'm so glad they didn't decide to go for Ubisoft's other big seller, Just Dance dancers as the next character DLC.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly I don't have a 3DS, or I would be jumping for joy(Well I still am, Kinda.) Having a Rayman DLC has to include Globox though. It just wouldn't be a Rayman DLC if they didn't include Globox aswell. He has been with Rayman since his first adventure it would be pointless of nintendidn't to not bring Globox in with Rayman. Will his final smash be a giant golden glove the wipes everyone off the screen or even a Golden glove you control almost similar to pickachu's final smash in ssbb but not spinning in a circle.
:P :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well I believe it's not photoshopped. Though the real question is, did he simply modify the rom? This day an age, we can decrypt and repack roms now, so it would be hard to prove this leak unless he has footage of Rayman in action. Just a mere menu icon isn't enough because that's one of the first things that can be altered in a rom in the early stages of rom hacking. Model swaps/animations are harder to do and I suspect that hasn't happened yet for SSB 3DS..But simple graphics replacements/additions? Perhaps this could be an early instance of it.
The video comes from the Wii U version though, so your theory is much less likely. ;)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought it was the 3DS? Well then... I don't have much else to say then other then wait and see. :P

If this had been taken from the 3DS, it would be much less believable. That console has been hacked open almost as much as the DS has been, so you would be hard pressed to believe leaks for the 3DS. :P

Reactions: Foxi4

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Someone sure put in some effort there, if it's a fake. But...if it's real, why Rayman of all characters? The other 3rd party characters all had at least some tie to Nintendo in some way. Ubisoft and Rayman really...don't fit.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly I don't have a 3DS, or I would be jumping for joy(Well I still am, Kinda.) Having a Rayman DLC has to include Globox though. It just wouldn't be a Rayman DLC if they didn't include Globox aswell. He has been with Rayman since his first adventure it would be pointless of nintendidn't to not bring Globox in with Rayman. Will his final smash be a giant golden glove the wipes everyone off the screen or even a Golden glove you control almost similar to pickachu's final smash in ssbb but not spinning in a circle.
:P :)

I think Rayman's Final Smash is just going to be Rabbids rushing the screen.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pls no. I hate the rabbits. Make Globox drink plum juice and go ham.

I was just thinking make Globox throw a Plum Juice barrel :)
I know that Globox with Plum juice isn't original Rayman but it at least goes back into the original trilogy.

even having the teensie's make everyone floating in the air would be better then Rabbids

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something about the character portrait feels off imo. Not to mention the fact that I don't really see ubisoft and nintendo getting along well enough for this to happen

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just going to say this. Why Rayman?

Ubisoft's been a complete dick to Nintendo and Nintendo fans in the last three years- and the Rayman games are fine, but overrated. Anything with the Rabbids was pretty bad.

We need Rare back. Banjo and Kazooie, anyone? Conker?

Edit: AND WHAT'S WITH THOSE EYEBROWS?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm just going to say this. Why Rayman?

Ubisoft's been a complete dick to Nintendo and Nintendo fans in the last three years- and the Rayman games are fine, but overrated. Anything with the Rabbids was pretty bad.
What are you on about? Ubisoft stuck to Nintendo the longest as far as third party content is concerned, they actually released their AAA content on the system when everyone else turned their backs on it. Where's Battlefield 4 or GTA V on the Wii U? Nowhere in sight, but you do have Assassin's Creed 4, Rayman Legends or Watch_Dogs. There's even ZombiU, a Wii U exclusive. If anything, Ubisoft was very supportive of the Wii U, they just had to back out of it because development for it was not a sustainable business for them.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But why would Ubisoft want their IP in a Nintendo game, especially given their less-than-amiable relationship?
I heard that with their Unity free DLC thing they made to try and apologize for the horrible state the game was released at, they "lost" a lot of money. Maybe they are desperate.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I heard that with their Unity free DLC thing they made to try and apologize for the horrible state the game was released at, they "lost" a lot of money. Maybe they are desperate.
Out of the two collaborating companies, it's Nintendo who's desperate, not Ubisoft. Ubisoft would continue to exist even if Nintendo closed down tomorrow morning, the Wii U might as well not exist as far as Ubisoft is concerned - they have other more profitable outlets. That's not the case for Nintendo - they have to patch up the sinking ship, so it makes sense to create content like this, it keeps fans excited. My guess is that Ubisoft would merely lend the character for a sizable sum while Nintendo takes the brunt of the development, should this be true.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It wasn't on the Wii U though, Assassin's Creed Unity has nothing to do with the Wii U console and their relationship with Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs