Ho to update to 3.65 fw a PSTV already hacked to 3.60

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it works now! now i have to set the options like described here: https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,112.0.html

What do you suggest in order to have the best quality for PSVITA games in particular (and PSX and PSP games too)?

I performed some settings in Adrenaline in order to play PSP and PSX games, but now, using Sharpscale, it is necessary to modify them and set them to Original i think, becasue settings are manage directly from Sharpscale, right?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good to hear that finally everything works. Now your Vita should perfectly set up ;)

For best Setting in Sharpscale u need try on your own.
For Vita output i needed in Vita settings to scale the Window on lowest possible size and0 output is set to 1080i.
Then in Sharpscale i needed to set saling mode to fitted, Integer is to big to be shown in the Window of the TV.
If u try Scaling algorithm or Billinear u see directly the difference.
Unlock Frambuffer is turned on.
For PSX/PSPi didn't tryed yet. Maybe setting in Adrenaline first, then in Sharpscale.

Checked and changed some things in your config to make it more readable. Keep it like that way, dont mess around with it.
After using autoplugin or something like that u need best check it again and may need to resort. The Additonal 5 Lines at the bottom (# Optional QoL plugins) can be removed, or can stay if u want hold some additional plugin information there. Maybe for some later ;)

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.

*KERNEL
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/repatch.skprx
ur0:tai/itls.skprx
ur0:tai/yamt_helper.skprx
ur0:tai/psvshell.skprx
ur0:tai/nopowerlimits.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/sharpscale.skprx

*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/yamt.suprx
ur0:tai/DolcePolce.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
ur0:tai/pngshot.suprx
# ur0:tai/vitabright.skprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

# Optional QoL plugins
# vitabright - removes brightness and wifi restrictions for games
# vitabright - increases max/decreases min brightness
# shellbat - shows battery percentage near the gauge
# pngshot - screenshots are png instead of jpg

Last edited by Sypherone,

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mmm... Fitted enlarges the screen to its maximum, i don't like it as the graphic isn't clear.
I like Integer or Real (i don't notice any difference between these 2 size) as the screen is smaller and graphic is really clear and sharp, it seems the same graphic as in the PSVITA screen :)

I will try settings for PSX and PSP in adrenaline and into sharpscale, this is an interesting video, if you want take a look:

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will have a look at video.

Here is also a thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-sharpscale-native-960x544-hdmi-output-for-pstv.561449/

I am using HD resolution with 1960 x 1080 pixel on my TV. Also configured in Vita Settings. Normaly it should fit perfect, but its to big on my Screen. So if i use fitted, it fits perfect. Need to check this...

Real shows the real size of the vita screen with 960× 544 pixel (half of High Definition). Should be a bit smaller then the screen if 720p is configured for output in Vita settings.

If u use integer it dubbels the amount of pixels and can dubbel the output resolution to 1960x1080 (HD).
It may that if 720 p is configured, it only dubbels the amount of pixels. So the picture is sharper. Check this https://forum.devchroma.nl/index.php/topic,112.msg256.html#msg256

If u set in Vita Settings Resolution to 1080i. There should be a big diffence between real and integer.

Fitted seems, like it says, fit it in the Window.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From the Video for Vita games settings:
"Original" matches the typical output of your TV, as u weren`t running the plugin at all.

"Integer" performs an integer scale to largest possible size at your current display resolution. The final output doesnt only rely of the resolution the system is set to. But also the resolution of the game.

"Real" shows the game in his unscaled resolution, like it is shown on the vita.

"Fitted" scales the image to fit the screen, while mainting the correct aspect ratio of the screen. It is very comparable to original mode, but is perhaps a bit more accuratly scaled.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks!
i have a problem again :( Today it arrived the new miccroSD 128GB, so i removed the 32GB i used until now, i entered the new one and it rebuild the database... i go into Settings --> Format --> Format SD2VITA card. Then using my pc, i copied ALL the files (hiddens ones included) from the 32GB to the 128GB but if i put the 12Gb into my PSTV, it isn't detected any games, any apps an so on. Only defauld standard apps is detected :( I don't know how to detect the new microSD, i copied ALL the files...

many thanks for your help!

EDIT: understood! i formatted it with standard function into Settings...but i have to do it with VitaDeploy...but VitaDeploy isn't available anymote if i enter that SD card...everything is available only if i use the 32GB card... I followed this guide: using Win32diskImager, now i will copy again all the files inside...i hope it will work now...

Last edited by legolas119,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
U are using Yamt. Befor pluging in the sd2 vita adapter, change in yamt ux0 to SD2 Vita. Normaly it should detect the SD2 Vita adapter directly. In next boot it should rebuild the database with all of your apps and games. If not u can also use vitashell to mount the drive in the menu by pressing Triangle.

Vitadeploy seems to be installed on USB Drive not in Internal Drive. If everything is unplugged (USB/SD2Vita) then Vitadeploy should be available. If not install it then in this internal drive. Then it should be available.

U can also use your PC to format the microSD Catd. U can follow this thread for formating. It first uses `Win32 Disk Imager` and zzblank.img to clean the MicroSD then formating it.
https://hackinformer.com/2017/07/29/properly-format-sd-sd2vita-adapter-set-vita/

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
solved! I formatted the microSD using the pc with Win32 Disk imager and now it perfectly detects my new microSD :)
I checkd the resolution on the Vita settings and it was set to "Automatic", so i dind't notice any difference between Integer and Real.
Now i set it to 1080i, and now there is a big difference between Integer (bigger) and Real! I tred several options, it seems that with 1080i, and set Fitted and Bilinear filter in Sharpscale, the quality is good.
Of course, my tv is a fullhd tv and the output of PSTV isn't a fullhd (it is 960× 544) so it is impossibile to have a really sharp and clear image (the image quality, of course, is perfect into the PSVITA screen as the resolution of the screen is 960× 544 :) ).

I have to try several setting in order to know how to obtain the sharpest picture quality into a fullhd tv. In this post, it is suggested:
  • PSV/PSP Games @ 1080i - Integer - Bilinear Off (Trimmed 8 lines for PSV, or 4 lines for PSP)
  • PS1 Games @ 720p - Integer - 4:3 or 16:9 - Bilinear Off (Full Image)
Probably in this way, it should be possible to have the better image quality in a fullHD display

Reactions: Sypherone

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, i dont use emulator on my vita.
For Backup purpose, u can use Win32 Imager.
With it u can create an image/iso of your microSD. And can flash it back to it if needed.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the tai config on ux0 should override the one on ur0 iirc. it's designed that way in case you mess something up. very easy to fix with an sd2vita.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well, usually I copy/paste all the files from my microSD to my pc, in order to have a backup copy, is it ok in any way? If i might have issues after the installations described into the link above, i will clean the microSD and copy back the backup saved on my pc...is that correct?

I have a question: if i install the 2 vpk files described into the link above, the files will be installed in my microSD, NOT into the internal memory, right?

thank you very much

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried seveal options and setting for the best graphic. Currently i set:
- Settings --> Display: 720p (or Automatic, it seems to be the same)
- Sharpscale: SCALING: Fitted (with Integer the screen is smaller and probably a little more detailed, but I don't notice it if I play at about 1.5 meters from the tv), PS1 Aspect Ratio: 4:3 , SCALING: Bilinear (Point cretes a lot of pixel in the image), UNLOCK FRAMEBUFFER: ON
- Adrenaline: both PSX and PSP games --> Sharp Bilinear (with scanlines)

I don't know if this is the better configuration (i prefer a retro-crt effect with PSP and PSX games), but is seems that all games are sharp and clear. Probably the best graphic is available if i set SCALING = INTEGER on sharpscale, but the screen is a little small...

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ya sure. If u use 720p its smaller because of the output size from 960 x 544 pixels. 720p are the vertical Pixels shown the screen. But the games have only a original size from 544 pixels vertical. If u want 720p instead of 1080p, u can try to scale the picture inside vita settings. If u set sharpscale to original then u can resize the screen inside the settings manually to fit the screen, msybe so that u can use integer and fit the hole screen.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes 1080p it will be better for sure, but it is not possible to set it, becasue inside the Setting of PSTV, i can only choose: 480p, 720p and 1080i
If i choose 1080i, the graphis isn't so clean and sharp :(

So you are suggesting to set:
1) sharpscale: Original
2) Vita Settings: resolution --> 720p
3) Size screen: by default, if i set 720p, the screen size is a little smaller than the tv screen. Have i to enlarge it in order to perfectly fit the tv size?

Have i correctly understood?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes right, that is what u can try.
Because the manuall fitting doesnt work if another option in sharpscale is set, it needs to be original. After manuel resize u can set other option in sharpscale again.

I have read somewhere that 1080p should be implemented into sharpscale somtime.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it could be great if sharpscale implements 1080p!!!!!!!

ok, after the steps above, i will have to set Sharpscale = INTEGER, right? I should obtain a better output that now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work