3.65 enso or 3.60 enso for pstv

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, i updated my pstv to try henlo out of curiosity and it seems a really good exploit but now i want to return to enso ( i primarily use the pstv for psp emulation and by my knowledge adrenaline doesn't work on 3.70+). Is better to downgrade via modoru and install 3.60 enso or is better to install 3.65 enso via vita deploy? I don't think there are diffrences between the 2 firmwares but maybe i'm wrong.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.60 is easier to deploy if you are starting off from 3.60 vs 3.65. More work if you are trying to install CFW from 3.65 than 3.60.

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
3.60 is easier to deploy if you are starting off from 3.60 vs 3.65. More work if you are trying to install CFW from 3.65 than 3.60.
I'm starting from 3.74 and i want to revert back to 3.60 or 3.65, technically the vita deply metod witch quick 3.65 install is faster then downgrading and installi the 3.60 enso.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
3.60 is the best and most easy way to fix any problem or re install your cfw again. the web installer for henkaku dont work on 3.65, you dont have molecularshell or vitashell, without them you are dead. make sure to fix vitashell on 3.65 warning.
otherwise all homebrew work the same like 3.60, so no need for 3.65. and for vita game backups, not all are working on PSTV, so you need withlister tool. secret of mana will not work on PSTV on any higher cfw, its blacklist. a update fix on withlist would be great. mostly all other games are working. and yes modoru
edit : adrenalin works on 3.60 and 3.65 the same. for psx games on pstv, you must use scale option.

Reactions: duwen and Hayato213

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncharted golden abyss also doesn't work without antiblacklist. I think, but I don't remember for sure, that antiblacklist either has problems with game updates or dlc, so you need to turn it off to update a game. I could be thinking of the original method to version 2 of antiblacklist. The reason for the problem is related to the fact that version 2 is a modification to the app.db. before, you had to do it manually.

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
3.60 is the best and most easy way to fix any problem or re install your cfw again. the web installer for henkaku dont work on 3.65, you dont have molecularshell or vitashell, without them you are dead. make sure to fix vitashell on 3.65 warning.
otherwise all homebrew work the same like 3.60, so no need for 3.65. and for vita game backups, not all are working on PSTV, so you need withlister tool. secret of mana will not work on PSTV on any higher cfw, its blacklist. a update fix on withlist would be great. mostly all other games are working. and yes modoru
edit : adrenalin works on 3.60 and 3.65 the same. for psx games on pstv, you must use scale option.
Henlo is working on 3.65 so if you have to recover henkaku for whatever reason now is easily done, ence why i was asking regarding special features if there was any differences at all. If there are no differences i'll stick to 3.65 just for the simplicity to don't have to download the ofw and put it in uxo to downgrade with modoru.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Henlo is working on 3.65 so if you have to recover henkaku for whatever reason now is easily done, ence why i was asking regarding special features if there was any differences at all. If there are no differences i'll stick to 3.65 just for the simplicity to don't have to download the ofw and put it in uxo to downgrade with modoru.

I guess you can pick one, before Henlo, 3.60 was easier to redo if people factory reset their vita.

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess you can pick one, before Henlo, 3.60 was easier to redo if people factory reset their vita.
I know thats why my pstv was "stuck" on 3.60 from 2017, but now fortunately is waaaaay easier to recover every fw other than 3.60. Thanks to everybody for your reply.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Henlo was actually what thefl0w was working on before he got involved with the ps4. He mentioned it in a tweet. I guess it was unfinished at the time.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont need henlo, when I have already henkaku. make no sense brother ? 3.65 make anyway no sense and is not needed anymore since withlist.
I have 3 PSTV systems with different CFWs and 3.65 make the most problems.

@ godreborn : Uncharted is working on PSTV, but need extra motion sensor plugin for moving. withlist is amazing, just 2 or 3 games dont work. Updates has nothing to do with withlist. Updates and DLCs depend on the release for NONPDRM or Mai dump, just download the correct version, thats all.

Reactions: duwen

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Henlo was actually what thefl0w was working on before he got involved with the ps4. He mentioned it in a tweet. I guess it was unfinished at the time.
Yeah, i remember reading something about that a while ago. Probably he started working on it and the after switching to ps4 he stop and then SKGLeba resume the work and finished it.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is wrong. I meant that was a problem when manually updating the whitelist. It's not a problem with Dolcepolce. It modifies memory.

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I dont need henlo, when I have already henkaku. make no sense brother ? 3.65 make anyway no sense and is not needed anymore since withlist.
I have 3 PSTV systems with different CFWs and 3.65 make the most problems.

@ godreborn : Uncharted is working on PSTV, but need extra motion sensor plugin for moving. withlist is amazing, just 2 or 3 games dont work. Updates has nothing to do with withlist. Updates and DLCs depend on the release for NONPDRM or Mai dump, just download the correct version, thats all.
Henlo is only needed if your system goes bonkers and you have to reinstall henkaku, otherwise is not needed as you are pointing out. About 3.65 being the most problematic i don't know but i don't read many post about that but it's still a posssibility.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I had forgotten about it at first. I use it as well. The original method changed the game category for all games from gd to like gdc, which messed up some things.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whitelist has 3 versions iirc. Antiblacklist could only do two of them. The Whitelist is spawned from vs0 iirc and placed on ur0. Replacing the files in vs0 will make it stick even after reboot. Ur0 will not.

Version 2 is the app.db mod I mentioned, and version 3 was modifying the param.sfo files, which we originally couldn't do, because it was gibberish in an editor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch