Ho to update to 3.65 fw a PSTV already hacked to 3.60

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
several year ago i hacked my PSTV with henkaku and now it is with fw 3.60, sproofed to 3.73
Unfortunately some games like The last blade 2, Velocity 2X and so on requires a most updated fw. Is there a quite easy way to update the PSTV to 3.65 without any risk to brick or loose data?
Several days ago i hacked my psvita with the new Vita Deploy method and it is already updated to 3.65 (sproof to 3.73) and every game is supported.

So i suppose i have to update the PSTV too to 3.65 in order to play the most recent games

thank you for your help!

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes use 0syscall6 and your done.
ref00d is the old method where each game needs a compatibility pack to work with lower firmware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ref00d was updated, so it should work as well afaik. it was updated last year iirc. it no longer requires a keys file and some other things. not sure about compatibility packs.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If u use ref00d, then pkgj teels u everytime that a compatibiliypack needs to be installed. As long as u dont use 0syscall6. Thats my knowlage.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as am I. it may be the perfect test for the op, since he doesn't appear to be using either, so it won't interfere with his setup.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pkgi/j may also have to be updated to remove that error if it detects ref00d. I haven't updated anything on the vita in quite some time. most devs seem disinterested, since the last games for it came out like in June of last year. Sony no longer allows games to be submitted for the system. kinda weird.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
on github pkgj v 0.53 changelog says :
Compat pack lists are no longer downloaded if either reF00D or 0syscall6 are installed. This prevents a TLS 1.2 error for users of reF00D or 0syscall6 on firmware <=3.65 without ITLS-enso.

EDIT: pkgj v 0.54 changelog says:
Compat packs default URL changed and always enabled.
And v.055 says..
Compatibility packs are disabled by default. (see readme for using compatibility packs)
.... .. .
But dont say if still required to play a higher fw game. So i think yes and needs to be tested.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have itls installed. can't get on the store without it now, so that may be why. iirc, the last vita game ever released was some sort of beat 'em up with dogs or something like that. pretty sure the game had dogs in it anyway.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should've said, you can no longer sign in to the psn store on 3.60 if you don't itls installed. it's been that way for a year or two. I installed it on both vita and pstv. it's also part of the guide, I believe, now, anyway.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I should've said, you can no longer sign in to the psn store on 3.60 if you don't itls installed. it's been that way for a year or two. I installed it on both vita and pstv. it's also part of the guide, I believe, now, anyway.
going to check

Btw.. pkgj v 0.54 changelog says:
Compat packs default URL changed and always enabled.
And v.055 says..
Compatibility packs are disabled by default. (see readme for using compatibility packs)
.... .. .

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, the error message says: "your firmware is too old to play this game, you must install reF00D or 0syscall6. What do you suggest? Both are program that i can directly download and install them with Autoplugin II? Which is the easiest to install?

thank you

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use 0syscall6.
I installed the encryption itls for vita and using pkgj 0.55 . It askes u to install compatibility pack if u use ref00d.

Autoplugin dont support 0syscall6, it needs to be installed manually. Best into the tai folder where your plugins are and a line in the config needs to be entered.
1) Put the plugin somewhere, preferably in ur0:tai/
2) Add a line to the currently active tai/config.txt (ux0 or, preferably, ur0) under "*KERNEL"
- ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
3) Reboot

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks, done. But when i try to install a game that requires it, i still have same error message :(
This is my config file:
https://i.postimg.cc/5NX8svsd/Cattura3.png

it seems that PSTV doesn't detect it...
What do you suggest?

EDIT: i just discovered that i had already installed months ago reF00D too! It is present in ur0:tai folder and it is present in my config.txt file too as you can see. So i have both installed, but they aren't detected :(

thanks!

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
U dont have itls plugin (connection encryption) Installed. Then install the repatch.skprx plugin, too. I dont know if ref00d and 0syscall interferier. So u also only need one. Disable one or the other by putting a Hashtag # in front if the line and change the order to this:

ur0:tai/usbmc.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
# ur0:tai/ref00d.skprx (disabled)
ur0:tai/repatch.skprx
ur0:tai/itls.skprx

I will think everything is also in the mentioned folder ur0:tai/

reboot the system
Btw. Autoplugin II supports 0syscall6 now, too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
done, but the issue is still present. This is my current config.txt file:
https://i.postimg.cc/7P2CypLQ/Cattura4.png
i added this string too as you suggested: ur0:tai/itls
but i dind't add anything in uro:tai. Is it necessary to downalod a itls file and put it in ur0:tai folder?

thanks
you can use the itls installer. I think it puts a file in the config automatically. it's needed to get on the ps store, because lower firmware doesn't have the software needed for the updated store. it's not an ap measure, but more a security one iirc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.