Hacking Help with r4i Gold cart!!!

Amerlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently acquired a r4i gold 3ds cart and have been struggling to get it to work for me with little luck in the endeavor. I got it updated so the game that comes up is dorasu and it claims to be compatible with NDSi 1.4.5 and 3DS 6.2.0-12. However it does not work with my 3DS that has is currently up to date and is on version 8.1.0-19U.
What I am wondering is if their is an update that I am missing that will allow compatibility between my card and 3DS or, if I dropped money into a worthless pit that may never work for my system.
Any help would be fantastic, I will try what people recommend!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I recently acquired a r4i gold 3ds cart and have been struggling to get it to work for me with little luck in the endeavor. I got it updated so the game that comes up is dorasu and it claims to be compatible with NDSi 1.4.5 and 3DS 6.2.0-12. However it does not work with my 3DS that has is currently up to date and is on version 8.1.0-19U.
What I am wondering is if their is an update that I am missing that will allow compatibility between my card and 3DS or, if I dropped money into a worthless pit that may never work for my system.
Any help would be fantastic, I will try what people recommend!
that card will most likely only work up to 6.2,

actually that might be the update that required you to cut the trace on the card to work with 6.2+

i will have a quick look for you
http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-gold-3ds-now-supports-6-0-0-xx.350028/

Amerlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue with the statements on that is the simple fact that my cart claims to be compatible with version 6.2.0-12,without any hard mods. Whereas that is for how to get it to work for version 6.0.0. Has anyone tested to see if this r4i card can become compatible with the newest 3ds version?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
My issue with the statements on that is the simple fact that my cart claims to be compatible with version 6.2.0-12,without any hard mods. Whereas that is for how to get it to work for version 6.0.0. Has anyone tested to see if this r4i card can become compatible with the newest 3ds version?
see the issue here is that
A) we dont know exactly what card you are referring to (there is 101 different cards that go by the name R4 & R4i)
B) if its says compatible with 3DS 6.2.0-12. that does not mean its compatible with 8.1

see some cards where blocked at 6.2 and usually resellers only list the maximum FW version the card will work with
http://pongupdates.wordpress.com/flashcards-working-on-3ds/

Amerlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a picture of my r4i card, if that possibly helps any?
20140827_004653.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well it looks like its says r4ids.cn.......basically any that work on 6.2 are supposed to work for 8.1 i think, the only thing i can think is either
A it was updated by the reseller and didn't get the trace cut that was required with the 6.0 update,
B, its a faulty card
C, its just a different card branded as one from r4ids.cn

only thing i can suggest is opening it up and seeing if it has the trace still in place that needed to be cut in the 6.0 update.....or just wait for some help from someone else........thats all the help i can offer at this point

Amerlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
opening it up it does not look like the trace has been cut. What would be the safest way to do so?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
opening it up it does not look like the trace has been cut. What would be the safest way to do so?
well i would wait to hear from someone else before trying in case its a different revision or something that i dont know of(i was kinda hoping someone a bit more informed on the R4i card would of chimed in by now :( ), but basically it would just be a matter of using a sharp knife to cut across the trace, be sure you have run the latest update on the card before doing so

and finally if you could just take a quick picture of the card inside to make sure it is indeed the exact same card as in the pictures

Amerlon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a picture of the inside of the cart, like stated earlier, I do not believe that the trace has been cut yet.
pic2.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Maybe you can tell us the letter at the back of your card:
Revision%20mit%20H%C3%BClle.JPG

Can you post a picture of the icon in the 3ds?
he already shared a pic its a rev C, but yeah the game icon would be good to know to make sure its updated before he cuts the trace (still fairly certain it needs the trace cut for 6.x+)
only way to run the update if its blocked on your 3ds is to use a NDS/lite/DSi/3ds on a older FW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la