Hardware Help my 3DS failed to downgrade!

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It just feels so bad that you spent so much time on something which in the end was in vain. It doesn´t make me feel better that I broke something.
That's actually good. It blocks updating.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can access Internet Settings from SAFE_MODE_FIRM.
Oh well, great! :´)
EDIT: Wait, what? How do I access SAFE_MODE_FIRM?

Last edited by ArviDroid,

Baba2u

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem, the downgrading crashed. and i was on a damaged 2.1 fw so i updated with a game card to 4.3 and did a format on my emunand in gateway mode and redid the downgrading and it work flawlessly. don't forget to hold L when booting gateway.com in browser
don't forget to backup your sysnand

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thank you all for your help. I´m probably not solving this problem, but knowing that some are willing to help a stranger so much gladdens me. Thanks.

I had the same problem, the downgrading crashed. and i was on a damaged 2.1 fw so i updated with a game card to 4.3 and did a format on my emunand in gateway mode and redid the downgrading and it work flawlessly. don't forget to hold L when booting gateway.com in browser
don't forget to backup your sysnand
I don´t own a gateway. :(
I downgraded through HBL.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Thank you all for your help. I´m probably not solving this problem, but knowing that some are willing to help a stranger so much gladdens me. Thanks.

Dont worry, good luck having that 3DS hardmodded :):)

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
well, I have 2 N3DSXL, a black one and a golden hyrule edition... so far my first n3ds (the black one) I was able to run the whole plailect guide to install a9lh and everything was so smooth to install, downgrade and upgrade, get the OTP, and all that stuff, like a month ago I got my N3DS hyrule edition and I was intended to do the same thing, follow plailect guide and install a9lh as well, my hyrule version came with a 9.9 firmware stock, so I did the downgrade to 9.2 and I got the damn error screen while I was downgrading, I was so scared I am screwed, then I followed some guy suggestion here in gbatemp, try to remove the micro sd and re insert it once the 3ds enter to sysnand, I successfully did that and re run downgrade, my point is, plailect never mentioned this, he just suggest you UPDATE your 3ds entering in recovery mode (L+R+UP+A) and go for 11.0 firmware.
Honestly I just don't want screw something, I will keep my hyrule edition n3ds in menuhax luma3ds emunand, I don't care since my black n3ds has a9lh v2 init screen luma3ds.

Baba2u

Trophies
XP
Country

the only option i can think of that worked for me is to upgrade with a gamecard to 9.2 again or less and try the downgrading again.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ran the 2.1.0 downgrade procedure through the HBL? That's not at all what the guide says to do.

Part 4, Section II.
8. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW
9. Open PlaiSysUpdater on RedNAND

Step 8. Means you have to boot into the RedNAND, as in launch Luma3DS from the Homebrew Launcher. Then once in your RedNAND, you were suppose to open PlaiSysUpdater that is on the Home Menu of your RedNAND.

Anyways, looks like you'll need a hardmod. Look at this link for installers and try to get in touch with one of them.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

not referring to a Gateway card he is referring to the Gateway software can be used without the hardware what he is suggesting you do is buy a game that requires 4. X use that game to update your system and then use gateways software to update your system to a proper 4.5 then you may try the entire downgrading process again. . . But in all honesty that downgrade into 2.1 to get your otp is not even needed if all you want is to play CIA games any firmware from 4.1 to 9.2 can do that already

Last edited by wormdood,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You ran the 2.1.0 downgrade procedure through the HBL? That's not at all what the guide says to do.

Part 4, Section II.
8. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW
9. Open PlaiSysUpdater on RedNAND

Step 8. Means you have to boot into the RedNAND, as in launch Luma3DS from the Homebrew Launcher. Then once in your RedNAND, you were suppose to open PlaiSysUpdater that is on the Home Menu of your RedNAND.

Anyways, looks like you'll need a hardmod. Look at this link for installers and try to get in touch with one of them.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/
What I meant was plaisysupdater. Which I forgot to mention that I had on my home screen. For some reason I had forgotten that and said HBL since I also have it on there. I thought people would get it then. But I was totally wrong. My bad. I actually did what was instructed.

not referring to a Gateway card he is referring to the Gateway software can be used without the hardware what he is suggesting you do is buy a game that requires 4. X use that game to update your system and then use gateways software to update your system to a proper 4.5 then you may try the entire downgrading process again. . . But in all honesty that downgrade into 2.1 to get your otp is not even needed if all you want is to play CIA games any firmware from 4.1 to 9.2 can do that already
Well as I made my way through the guide I started believing that FBI was all that was needed on 9.2. Was I right? But these thoughts came too late since I had already done RedNAND. I feel so stupid now. I started another thread today and I gathered from the replies that I had to everything. I should probably have asked some more questions. But since I didn´t want to be rude, I bricked.
#Bricked

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct FBI is all you needed I don't know what's up with this website and telling everyone they need to downgrade to get a9lh it wasn't necessary for years and it isn't necessary now
Except, it sounds like you are grouping everyone together.

Anyways, I'll quote my post that gave him all the info he should have needed.
This is sort of right and wrong.

If you want to go for a MenuHax+EmuNAND//RedNAND setup, then don't stop at part 3. Stop on Part 4, Section I, Step 26. This is so you have proper NAND backups of both your EmuNAND and SysNAND, as well as have injected FBI into your EmuNAND.

Then once that's done, change your menuhax configuration to something that suits you, like type 2 autoboot, or however you want to trigger your menuhax that fits your needs.

Then look into improving your menuhax bootrate by looking at this link:
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/

No, do what I told you and stop on Part 4, Section I, Step 26. Forget about NASA, NASA only does legit CIAs. FBI let's you install all those dirty CIAs.

However, if you want to go the extra mile, like Snowdori said, then finish the whole guide, to have A9LH+CFW+Updated SysNAND, and not have to deal with menuhax or having to use an EmuNAND//RedNAND, unless and only if you choose and decide to have an EmuNAND//RedNAND in your setup with A9LH.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except, it sounds like you are grouping everyone together.

Anyways, I'll quote my post that gave him all the info he should have needed.
yeah I'm grouping everyone together you tell me you don't look through these boards and see a9lh giving as the answer to everything you in particular may have given a different response but once again hell yeah I'm looking at gbatemp as a whole at this point the only custom firmware recommended is Luma 3DS and the only entry point recommended is a9lh the only alternative to this is considered to be for peasants

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I'm grouping everyone together you tell me you don't look through these boards and see a9lh giving as the answer to everything you in particular may have given a different response but once again hell yeah I'm looking at gbatemp as a whole at this point the only custom firmware recommended is Luma 3DS and the only entry point recommended is a9lh the only alternative to this is considered to be for peasants
I understand the rxTools bashing, as it makes no sense to be on a dead and outdated CFW, when you have your choice of Luma3DS, ReiNAND, SaltFW, Cakes, and Corbenik.

But anyways, this getting off-topic, so I'll just stop at here.

On-topic: OP, if you are confident in your own soldering ability, look at the hardmod tutorial.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

Otherwise, contact a hardmod installer, and they should be able to fix you up.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You are correct FBI is all you needed I don't know what's up with this website and telling everyone they need to downgrade to get a9lh it wasn't necessary for years and it isn't necessary now
Well I woud rather not have gotten your information. Beacause now I know what I had, but threw away to acquire something I saw as completely unnecessary. Well I can´t blame those who gave me "false" information. I should have looked it up myself...

I understand the rxTools bashing, as it makes no sense to be on a dead and outdated CFW, when you have your choice of Luma3DS, ReiNAND, SaltFW, Cakes, and Corbenik.

But anyways, this getting off-topic, so I'll just stop at here.

On-topic: OP, if you are confident in your own soldering ability, look at the hardmod tutorial.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

Otherwise, contact a hardmod installer, and they should be able to fix you up.
There won´t be any hardmodding for me. I´m done with my 3DS. I know I won´t be able to hardmod my 3DS neither do I want to do it.

Once again I thank you all. But this is probably my final message.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I woud rather not have gotten your information. Beacause now I know what I had, but threw away to acquire something I saw as completely unnecessary. Well I can´t blame those who gave me "false" information. I should have looked it up myself...
I hope this isn't directed at me, as I never gave you "false" information. While FBI may be all you need, setting up MenuHAX+RedNAND//EmuNAND is essential to playing those games, and having an updated RedNAND//EmuNAND to be able to play games that may need a higher FW. Also, you need signature patches, which are not at all possible on SysNAND only with just FBI.

Again, here are the posts that I made.

This is sort of right and wrong.

If you want to go for a MenuHax+EmuNAND//RedNAND setup, then don't stop at part 3. Stop on Part 4, Section I, Step 26. This is so you have proper NAND backups of both your EmuNAND and SysNAND, as well as have injected FBI into your EmuNAND.

Then once that's done, change your menuhax configuration to something that suits you, like type 2 autoboot, or however you want to trigger your menuhax that fits your needs.

Then look into improving your menuhax bootrate by looking at this link:
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/

No, do what I told you and stop on Part 4, Section I, Step 26. Forget about NASA, NASA only does legit CIAs. FBI let's you install all those dirty CIAs.

However, if you want to go the extra mile, like Snowdori said, then finish the whole guide, to have A9LH+CFW+Updated SysNAND, and not have to deal with menuhax or having to use an EmuNAND//RedNAND, unless and only if you choose and decide to have an EmuNAND//RedNAND in your setup with A9LH.

If you are already on 9.2. Then just setting up MenuHax+RedNAND//EmuNAND is the simplest way to go.

It's also pretty simple to setup A9LH if you just follow the guide as it is written and don't skip anything.

It is just time consuming, and requires you to read. But anywho, good luck OP, with whatever you decide to do. ^_^

Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol