Hardware Help my 3DS failed to downgrade!

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello.
I was downgrading my O3DS from 9.2 to 2.1.0 when I suddenly got an error screen. Everything was going fine until this point. When I try to boot my 3DS now, I´m greeted by a black screen. I can´t seem to get in to HBL either to restore my backup. Help me please!
EDIT: Oh no, I belive I forgot to fix menuhax. You have to do it each time you format your 3DS, right?
EDIT 2: Updating the system through recovery mode seems to be the only option, huh?

Last edited by ArviDroid,

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
I was downgrading my O3DS from 9.2 to 2.1.0 when I suddenly got an error screen. Everything was going fine until this point. When I try to boot my 3DS now, I´m greeted by a black screen. I can´t seem to get in to HBL either to restore my backup. Help me please!
EDIT: Oh no, I belive I forgot to fix menuhax. You have to do it each time you format your 3DS, right?
Just remove the sd card when booting the 3ds and check if it loads

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello.

No, emunand CFW cant run 2.1 firmware

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You downgraded emuNAND or sysNAND?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you follow the Plailect guide?
NEVERMIND.

Yes I did. Everything was going fine until the touch screen suddenly displayed the error screen!
If the downgrade failed, restore the emuNAND and try again. If you flashed the emuNAND to sysNAND, OTPHelper didnt say you that the emuNAND was broken? At this point, you can only update your console to 11.0 and downgrade with a hardmod.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@ArviDroid If you downgraded sysNAND directly, you have a brick and your only option is update to 11.0.0-33. Then, if you want to have CFW back, you must do a hardmod.
Seems like it. The only thing I wanted to do was to play some darn cias... The system doesn´t even want to update. It just loads at 1% then says that it failed... R.I.P 3DS 2011-2016.

Last edited by ArviDroid,

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seems like it. The only thing I wanted to do was to play some damn cias... The system doesn´t even want to update. It just loads at 1% then says that it failed... R.I.P 3DS 2011-2016.
Prepare the solder... And sorry. But OTPHelper didnt fail at any point of the checking?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me too. When I did this, I though it was okay. I continued to flash my emuNand over my sysNand. Do NOT do this! Just repeat the downgrade process if possible, or restore back to your latest emunand! Just do NOT flash your emunand to your sysNand! You will brick! I did this yesterday...

Just restore back to your latest emuNand bin file, and redo the downgrade

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Recomendation, i preffer updating emunand and after that downgrading to 2.1, downgradong from 9.2 always failed to me

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Happened to me too. When I did this, I though it was okay. I continued to flash my emuNand over my sysNand. Do NOT do this! Just repeat the downgrade process if possible, or restore back to your latest emunand! Just do NOT flash your emunand to your sysNand! You will brick! I did this yesterday...

Just restore back to your latest emuNand bin file, and redo the downgrade
I would have done that if I hadn´t forgotten to install menuhax... A simple mistake like this ruined my 3DS.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giving me tips are futile, sadly. I have already lost my 3DS since it doesn´t even want to update...
Okay, here is what you do. As you are booting up your 3DS hold these buttons:
L+R+A+Up on the DPad
You will be given an option to update

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okay, well you're 3DS isn't ruined yet... Did you flash your emuNand to sysNand already?
Umm... I don´t know/remember. I followed Plailects guide and was at part 4, 10.

Okay, here is what you do. As you are booting up your 3DS hold these buttons:
L+R+A+Up on the DPad
You will be given an option to update
Yea I know, thanks anyway. The problem is that my 3DS fails to update. Although this also happened while trying to update RedNAND earlier today. Perhaps I´ll give it a few more tries.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm... I don´t know/remember. I followed Plailects guide and was at part 4, 10.
Yeah, you flashed. Do what I said earlier.
L+R+A+Up on the DPad
You will be given an update option. Do it to save your 3DS, however, you won't be able to downgrade because you will be on 11.0 FW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi