• Views 122,946
  • Replies 322
  • Likes 54

KyuHyung

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
In order to achieve this it might be possible to pass arguments from hbl2hbc through USB Loader GX (which can take arguments/parameters) to launch a specific game. I asked this in the USBLGX thread once but it might be the case that it's impossible to pass something to the vWii mode.
I see.. To me CFG USB seem to be running better than LoaderGX (I am korean, and Nintendo Korea has not released the WII_U officially, so It is always tricky to running Wii roms(Korea region) on Wii_U machine(US released)
I would better teach my children not to click any icon on Wii U :)
Anyway thank you for your considerable reply~!

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah that was possible from the beginning. As long as we know the ID of a channel which is installed in vWii we can forward to it with hbc2hbl. Some users even used that to forward to GameCube games as there is a thread around here with which you can create custom Nintendont forwarder channels for specific games.
But you can't install Wii (disc) games to the home menu. That's why I asked for parameters in the USB Loader GX thread.
You may know that (on Windows for example) you could do something like this on cmd:
Code:
firefox gbatemp.net
It takes the argument (gbatemp.net) to instantly open the gbatemp site.
So I thought we can launch USB Loader GX with an argument as well to launch a specific game.
Example:
Code:
UNEO RMCP01
(RMCP01 is the ID of Mario Kart Wii)

@Cyan told me that USB Loader GX actually can receive arguments already (and even handle them). But it is most likely not possible to pass arguments from Wii U to vWii although I'm wondering how HBL2HBC is able to tell vWii which channel to launch.

That's nice but I guess he meant he wants to launch specific games (like I wrote above), not only different loaders.
Good guide though. :)

ahhhh, cool. Then it IS entirely possible using hbl2hbc to launch the vWii WAD channel. It would just take a ton of work.

KyuHyung

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I've achieved this with nothing more than notepad++ (you can use any hex editor) and paint.net (or similar)

First you want to follow this post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/hbl2hbc-v1-1-boot-from-wiiu-hbl-into-vwii-hbc.455673/page-7#post-7115581

Then, follow this to set up a custom haxchi launch title to it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-forward-homebrew-apps-straight-to-your-homemenu.476562/

Use this tutorial for custom tga files for haxchi:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-edit-tga-files-for-haxchi.465027/

Verify the TGA files with this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tgaverifiy-a-tga-verifier.450997/

I have checked but I dont get it quite easy.. You know... I am almost nothing but a newbie in this world. I understand that I need to make game icon(TGA) by myself. But I dont get it what I have to do first...
Sounds silly.. but in my world we do post a guide like this for newbie...
http://fafan.kr/board/view.aspx?id=wiibbs&rno=23034&page=1&f=s&k=%EA%B0%80%EC%9D%B4%EB%93%9C
its just like a step by step.. And newbie just like me follow that guide without reasonable thinking. I know its so silly :( That's why I cant apply to this situation.
Anyway already everyone in my community are surprised that hbl2hbc is so useful. Thank you for your archive and reply~!! :)

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
This is awesome! can you do this for emulators as well? Like fceux, snesgx, gen plus, and vbagx
Of course you can! All you need is the vWii forwarder channels of those emulators, and the title IDs of the channels you want to launch.
You need to have a config.txt in the hbl2hbc directory with the title IDs included, though, the structure of the text file should be like this:
[Title ID 1]=[Channel 1 Name]
[Title ID 2]=[Channel 2 Name]

and so on.

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have checked but I dont get it quite easy.. You know... I am almost nothing but a newbie in this world. I understand that I need to make game icon(TGA) by myself. But I dont get it what I have to do first...
Sounds silly.. but in my world we do post a guide like this for newbie...
http://fafan.kr/board/view.aspx?id=wiibbs&rno=23034&page=1&f=s&k=%EA%B0%80%EC%9D%B4%EB%93%9C
its just like a step by step.. And newbie just like me follow that guide without reasonable thinking. I know its so silly :( That's why I cant apply to this situation.
Anyway already everyone in my community are surprised that hbl2hbc is so useful. Thank you for your archive and reply~!! :)

Here you go: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-wiiu-haxchi-forwarders-to-vwii-homebrew-all-in-one-guide.477456/

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I installed this as a haxchi channel, and edited meta.xml to remove the need to have the gamepad on
When the gamepad is on there is no problem at all, works as it should, even with the open source hbc using the line OHBC=Homebrew Channel in hbl2hbc.txt. When the gamepad is not connected, the channel starts, but then it asks to connect a gamepad. i can select cancel, when i do it it tries to load something (i can see the little wii u logo at the bottom right of the screen) but then it gives a black screen with -3, forcing me to hold the power button on the console to shut it down. Before you ask, the sd card is inserted. the elf tries to call the gamepad, maybe it tries to launch the wii menu with tv+gamepad function, i'm not sure. Is it possible to edit the elf to only launch the wii menu on tv without gamepad?

Reactions: LinkFan16

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got this working to directly load usb loader gx but I have to be on cfw? Am I doing something wrong?
What exactly is your question? Whether you have to be on a CFW to launch HBL2HBC?
If you're launching it from the HBL then no, if launching it as an installed title (on your homescreen) then yes.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Since now HBC is open-source, someone should add libwupc on it.
In fact, technically, you wouldn't even have to add libwupc. devkitpro/libogc added Wii U Pro Controller support, so as far as i know, it's just a matter of recompiling with the latest libraries. Homebrew Channel with WUPC compatibility would be extremely useful.

Last edited by niuus,

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Really? How odd. I just booted it again and it's definitely launching it into Gamepad only mode.
As far as I now, there is no "Gamepad only mode". The two modes you can choose are "TV only mode" and "Tv + Gamepad" when you boot into Wii mode or any app/game related to Wii.

Last edited by Txustra,

pearlfect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I now, there is no "Gamepad only mode". The thow modes you can choose are "TV only mode" and "Tv + Gamepad" when you boot into Wii mode or any app/game related to Wii.

You can press the + button on the Wiimote when that message pops up so it only displays on the Gamepad.

Last edited by pearlfect,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo