Homebrew Official hbl2hbc v1.1 - boot from wiiu HBL into vwii HBC

• Thread starter FIX94
  • Start date
  • Views 121,248
  • Replies 322
  • Likes 54
D

Deleted-385845

Not 100% sure this was thought of so just throwing it out.

I believe the idea with this was to be able to move back and forth between Wii u and vwii. Fix94 wasn't able to get the vwii to Wii u figured out.

So here is my observation. I use users on my Wii u. When I exit vwii to Wii u, the system restarts and allows me to pick my user. The controllers all power down and must be powered back up to work. What if, when you exit Homebrew channel, USB Loader Gx or whatever, the app restarts the console when you exit the app.

It'd be a big deal as all these Homebrew apps would need retooled, but that might solve the going back to Wii u

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this possible the other way around too? so an app to boot the wii u menu from vwii? I ask because of this, i have the forwarder for hbl2hbc and configured it so that it launches usb loader gx and now i want to make it so that when i close usb loader gx ill go back to wii u menu. is that achievable?

EDIT: well..... i should have read the last post before mine...... nevermind -.-

Last edited by BlackZero500,

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your amazing app @FIX94!!!
013f553361b5bbe19ef01972fe5a8c6e.jpg
I know this is an old post, but could you point me in the right direction to set up custom channels? Did you do several Haxchi channels w/ custom icons, pointing each Haxchi to a specific .elf file? Thanks!

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is an old post, but could you point me in the right direction to set up custom channels? Did you do several Haxchi channels w/ custom icons, pointing each Haxchi to a specific .elf file? Thanks!
Several haxchi channels
IMG_5906.jpg

As you said just make the config text point to the correct elf.

Reactions: peteruk

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! Do you have a link to the custom icons/banners for things like CFG USB Loader, etc? Thanks!
Sorry I have no links. Pre done ones there kinda scattered around different threads. I used a few of mine from here and did some of my own, it's not too hard to do your own, I recommend using gimp. Just scan through to see what you can find if you don't want to do your own.

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I have no links. Pre done ones there kinda scattered around different threads. I used a few of mine from here and did some of my own, it's not too hard to do your own, I recommend using gimp. Just scan through to see what you can find if you don't want to do your own.
Will do...did you search for custom Haxchi icons or something more specific? Thanks again!

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this is just something I've made while playing around with things for CBHC which were not successful but I thought some people may find this handy so I just made it into its own elf.
If you have the homebrew channel installed on your vwii and you want to quickly boot into it from the wiiu side, this elf will allow you to directly boot into it via the homebrew launcher.
If you want to launch other title ids you can do so by adding them into the hbl2hbc config file.
https://github.com/FIX94/hbl2hbc/releases

You can see me demonstrating it here:

@FIX94: According to Cyan's post here, do you know whether it's possible to pass arguments from Wii U to vWii in any way?
Since USB Loader GX is able to handle arguments we could launch games directly from Wii U's HBL (or even homescreen).

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I tried to load wiiflow lite with this. I tried a lot of ID's, even from the forwader channel but it restart the wii u. Doesn't load it.
Of course I tried with LULZ (hbc) and it works,but with wiiflow lite id, doesn't work. Hope somebody could help me.
Tried with open wiiflow, usb loader gx and Nintendont and still restarting the wii u...

Last edited by Master-Killua,

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is unrelated but since you guys are talking about forwarding to vWii I want to know if anyone ever released a vWii homebrew channel that is Wii U Pro controller compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: mehzemo

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Sorry if this is unrelated but since you guys are talking about forwarding to vWii I want to know if anyone ever released a vWii homebrew channel that is Wii U Pro controller compatible.

Thanks in advance.
I think Nintendont is the only part of anything related to vWii that has ever been reverse-engineered to support the Wii U Pro Controller.

Reactions: Maxbeta

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
My wii u keeps restarting the system when I use a custom app (usb loader gx, nintendont, wiiflow, etc). Without the config txt, it loads the homebrew channel perfectly, but I wanna load a wii/gc loader because I want to use my wii u pro controller.
Hope somebody could help me with it

Reactions: CatmanFan

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendont is the only part of anything related to vWii that has ever been reverse-engineered to support the Wii U Pro Controller.
Thanks for your reply but there's been support for the Wii U controller in many vWii apps for months now.
FIX_94 and other people have made it possible.

Can't find HBC supporting it yet though so please let me know if you hear about it, thanks.

Reactions: CatmanFan

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for your reply but there's been support for the Wii U controller in many vWii apps for months now.
FIX_94 and other people have made it possible.

Can't find HBC supporting it yet though so please let me know if you hear about it, thanks.
Since now HBC is open-source, someone should add libwupc on it.

Reactions: Maxbeta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs