Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All, just started using hackchi2 V2.30 on my new Nes Mini.

Im trying to add a few roms but in the video ive been watching on YouTube there is an option to get Hackchi2 to automatically download all box art. On V2.30 I don't see this option. Is there a way to do it without having to do it manually?

santamanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, I've sorted it. To download Box art you need to highlight your Roms > Select Download Box Art.
Yes, thats true. In hakchi ce (which is prefareable over 2.30) you can also put the covers into the art folder and then chose "scan selected games for cover art" or sth. Choosing the corresponding jpg still takes a lot of time all together.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel XL mit Tapatalk

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRUE Nintendo BS-X Satellaview and Sufami Turbo Emulation! Run Video Games in Mirror Imaged Mode! MAME 2003 Cores Consolidated and Merged! More Amiga Templates! Core Set Update!!!:)

**6-19-18**

Where to begin, where to begin:)

Well, we now have TRUE BS-X Emulation, via SNES9x 2016!!! Videos showcasing this amazing addition below, including a very necessary Sfrom Conversion Bypass Method needed to run BS-X Games via the TRUE BIOS! SOME BS-X Games can be patched, or are pre-patched, and do not need to use TRUE BIOS! But, for any that DO use TRUE BIOS, Sfroms will NOT work, for now, at least! In Xtras/BS-X Folder, are a ReadMe!, the patch you will need to apply to BS-X BIOS, and 2 programs to apply said patch! If you do not use the patch, far less games will work due to DRM Protection! Test Video 1, BIOS are running in Japanese. Test Video 2, BIOS are running in English (above-mentioned patch:) BS-X BIOS, once patched, should be renamed to BS-X.bin, and installed via Master BIOS Module, copied into system folder, and installed like any other HMOD! Personal thanks to twinaphex, kps501, Tatsuya79, hizzlekizzle, bparker06, and everyone else involved in the fantastic SNES9x Team! And, personal thanks to madmonkey:)

Sufami Turbo Games are also now supported! Sufami Turbo BIOS should be renamed to STBIOS.bin and installed exactly as mentioned above for the BS-X BIOS! I would recommend using Sfrom Bypass if you have any issues with games loading! Multi-Carts also work, but need loaded via RetroArch, Multi-Cart! You can see me play a Sufami Turbo Game at the tail end of the first BX-X Test Video below!

Ever wanted to have all of your Saved Games in one single place! Now you can, thanks to EthanR12! Special thanks to DanTheMan827 for advisement on this whole process! I will try to showcase this nifty new Consolidated Saved Games Awesomeness sometime this week in a video! Here ya go!

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/8r2gad/release_snesc_save_state_shortcuts_v12_now_with/

Next Up, you can now play Video Games in Mirror Imaged Mode with the latest RetroArch Xtremes! This is especially fun if you decide to leave the left/right controls flip flopped, and have a few beers with friends!:) To activate Mirror Imaged Mode, go into RetroArch, Quick Menu, Shaders, Load Shader, Select Flip Horizontal Mirror glslp! Then, you will need to go into controls and swap left with right and right with left, if you so choose to! In MAME 2003, you can do this with MAME Options (R2), Input This Game, as well! Very fun gimmick! When done, simply go into RetroArch Settings, Quick Menu, Shaders, and reselect Stock glslp to revert! And, of course, reswap to the original controls, in the event that you changed them! Personal thanks to hunterk!

Many of you might remember when I had 3 MAME 2003 Cores in my Set (Final Fight Custom OST, System 32, and Standard!) In the last few releases, there have been MAME 2003 Xtreme, MAME 2003 Hi-Score, and MAME 2003 Plus! I consolidated and merged the coding for MAME 2003 Xtreme and MAME 2003 Hi-Score. So, now we are down to just MAME 2003 Xtreme and MAME 2003 Plus! MAME 2003 Xtreme is most optimal for use on the Mini, and has such perks as Fixed Irem and Data East Game Encryptions, System 32 Games, Custom OSTs for Final Fight, NBA Jam, Out Run, and Mortal Kombat, and so on! You can, also, now run Bubble Bobble Arcade! Do NOT use the MAME 2003 Version! Run the NEWER MAME 2010 and on Version, and it will run fantastic! Hi-Scores will also work with MANY Games from Main UI, using MAME 2003 Xtreme! Simply test a game such as 1942 or Fantasy Zone, get a Hi-Score, Enter Initials, Exit Game, Re-Enter Game, and your Score should be the first thing you see! You can shut the System down, turn it back on, and Scores should retain, as well! This is an incredibly amazing Gimmick! You will not need to install the RetroArch Xtreme Hi-Score Add-On anymore, either! It is all done automatically now! So, have fun with Hi-Scores and Bubble Bobble Arcade!!!

MORE Custom Borders, courtesy of paul84333! Install km_retroarch_custom_borders_6_19_18. Remember, you do not have to install ALL Borders in the HMOD! You can make a back-up, then delete the extra Folders of ones you do not care to install! This is especially helpful for maintaining additional space when running via NAND! The NEWER Borders are inside the Game Specific Folder, and include many truly exceptionally fun ones to utilize with Games on the Mini! These will be Updated in future Updates! To access these, once installed, go into RetroArch Settings, Onscreen Overlay, pick default.cfg, which will allow you to change to another.cfg Pick Parent Directory a few times til you are JUST outside of retroarch folder, and then go inside the NEW Overlays Folder, and select whichever .cfg file you'd like to use! You will also need to have SHOW Onscreen Overlay Toggled ON! When done, if you want to revert back, simply do RetroArch Settings, again. Then, Onscreen Overlay, and reselect default.cfg! And, you can toggle SHOW Overlay OFF:) Very easy once you do it once or twice!

MORE Amiga Templates in Xtras/Amiga folder! You can now run ADF Files! There are also templates for UAE4ARM! Personal thanks to Jul Car and Qclart!

MAME 2014 is recompiled and Updated and is now 20 MB Total Install Size Smaller! It WAS 90 MB. It is now 70 MB:) This is extremely helpful for those who DO decide to run this on NAND! Remember, do not use FEL Mode to install this HMOD! Just power on the system, wait a few seconds, THEN install it to use the faster transfer via RAM Mode, which will bypass the 60 MB Install Limit! I personally use MAME 2003 Xtreme/FBA 2012 Combo, as those run nearly everything! But, this will help make MAME 2014 easier to manage, Space Wise!

Several people were complaining about Atari 5200 Games not loading for them, even after installing BIOS. The reason for this was because they have to actually choose Atari 5200 as the System. I made this default, so now all 5200 Games will automatically load, once BIOS and Atari 800 Core are installed, without any additional steps! You will, of course, need RetroArch Xtreme installed for this to work! Also, remember to change controls for 5200 games, go into Controls, select keyboard+mouse, back out once, reenter, then you can remap keyboard keys to your controller!

Glupen now runs games in Hi-Res Mode! RetroArch Xtreme needed:)

Several other Cores Updated, Optimized, Tweaked, per usual! Enjoy the Update, and these following videos!

**SNES Classic - It's Me A Mirror-io! Reverse Mode Activate!**

**SNES Classic - Nintendo BS-X Satellaview Test!**

**SNES Classic - Nintendo BS-X Satellaview Test - Redux! (English!)**

And, personal thanks, also to SebasHCG, DRVR 99, Second Prize, Dank games, Super Steaman, and everyone else on YouTube who gives constant, amazing feedback on my Videos!

Next Up, I am going to try to work on Performance Upgrading many more Arcade Games! And, of course, more Videos! And, music for the Advanced Music Hack (Personal thanks to AntiFly! for a near 800 MB Collection that I have spent a few weeks going through! I will release what can legally be Released of it, as soon as possible!)

**And, of course, the Update:)**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

Reactions: asper and Garcimak

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Have the Mini nes from New Sending since saturday.
Works with hakchi Ce without problems.
But i forget to make a kernel dump.
Where to get a Europe kernel Dump?

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My board from a Europe Mini nes
a3a49ccdae9056770236be5df25f102e.jpg
c1c13a1b947bd08de6f111df545bd998.jpg

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
I Have the Mini nes from New Sending since saturday.
Works with hakchi Ce without problems.
But i forget to make a kernel dump.
Where to get a Europe kernel Dump?

I can dump it with legacy mode on HakchiCE, but I'm not sure how to do a non-legacy kernel dump in that app, only seeing full dump options

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now 4th time i must reinstall every thing to the sd card.
IT works some hours or restart and when i Power on the Mini snes no screen.
When i take the sd card out and Power on the snes starts normal.
After Make a New partition and install every thing New on it works until the next time.

That Problem was not a week ago.

I will change the sd card and Set the mini snes kernel complete New.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can the June NESC from Amazon Europe work with Hakchi2 2.21f? I think that’s the version I used on my old nes classic
On reddit they say hakchi Ce 1.2.5 can Use.
Oder can Make problems Because other kernel and Hardware Then the 2017 Mini nes.

2.21f is long outdated

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.21f was able to get all my games on both the old snes and nes. Is something wrong with it? Seems to work fine for me. I just got a back up nes and was going to use it on it but it’s the June model.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you explain how the v1.2.5 of hakchi2 CE works and what it is. I haven’t been using any new hacks since 2.21f was release. Is it like that? Can games and settings from 2.21f be added to it like the old hakchi updates would do (drag and drop folders)

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2.21f was able to get all my games on both the old snes and nes. Is something wrong with it? Seems to work fine for me. I just got a back up nes and was going to use it on it but it’s the June model.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you explain how the v1.2.5 of hakchi2 CE works and what it is. I haven’t been using any new hacks since 2.21f was release. Is it like that? Can games and settings from 2.21f be added to it like the old hakchi updates would do (drag and drop folders)
The hakchi Ce has some more Features like select usb or sd mod, sfrom Tool in site, Export to sd or usb and Others.
You can select on hakchi Ce what Mini classic you Have and with it your game selection.

The New Mini nes 2018 has a Mini snes Hardware and with it a New kernel that the Old hakchi not support.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found my problems with the Mini snes and sd card mod.
IT seem that actuell hakchi has problems with fat32 and ntfs and big micro sd card like 32 GB.
With ext4 it works until a error with retroarch like missing BIOS happens.
Then i Power on and no picture come.
When i delete the mcp starte file it works again.
That happens only on sd card mod but not with a USB Adapter on USB port

Is the sd card little like 4gb that Problem not happens.

Last edited by Liriel,

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hakchi Ce has some more Features like select usb or sd mod, sfrom Tool in site, Export to sd or usb and Others.
You can select on hakchi Ce what Mini classic you Have and with it your game selection.

The New Mini nes 2018 has a Mini snes Hardware and with it a New kernel that the Old hakchi not support.

In order to use it do I have to add hmods and retroarch and all that stuff the same way I did with hakchi 2.21f?

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys Patton here! It’s been 8 MONTHS since I started making these step by step tutorials on hacking your Classic System so I thought it was about time for an update. A LOT has changed since the scene started and I wanted to reduce the confusion for those that may just now be getting a system with the recent re-release of the NES Classic. So I will be updating all of my old tutorials with the most recent Hakchi CE, Retroarch, and Core versions available to date. I will keep my old tutorials on my channel since they still have some good info in them. I did a huge release today with what I felt were the 3 most important steps for someone new to the scene, and there will plenty more to come. Huge thank you to all the the devs involved with the great releases they continue to come out with. And I also want to thank everyone for all the support you’ve shown, I hope I can keep helping everyone out!

2018 Hakchi Resources Classic System Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTCjNJnRY7v5-V2SNTqwPRyyJyom9tmMM

How to hack and add games to your Classic System

How to create folders on your Classic System

How to add storage to your Classic System with a USB Drive

Reactions: Doublemeat

sostark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all --many apologies if you are tired of seeing questions like the one I am about to post, but this is my current predicament: I bought an NES MINI in January last year and modded it several times, updating hakchi until I got to 2.17 and basically just enjoyed the shit out of everything this box and games I uploaded to it were capable of. Hacks, fan made hacks were my main enjoyment for the last 4 or 5 months. Somewhere around 4 or 5 months ago the NES stopped loading on first power on but with some patience it usually came on after turning it off and waiting to turn it on. It started to do this more often, sometimes freezing when resetting (using down and select) and giving the C8 error. Last week I went to play it and I have not been able to get the menu screen at all. My laptop does not recognize the NES MINI and when the light does come on, whether plugged into the computer or the tv, it will not go off. I downloaded 2.3, but it doesn't seem to be the answer. My first question is: did I brick it? Is there a way to resurrect this beauty? My second question is: is there a way to download my games/kernel/save states to reupload it onto a new NES MINI or SNES Mini to continue in my quests? Thanks in advance and again, apologies if you are on page 918 of this forum and you can't believe you're seeing this post again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO