Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 3-29-18**

**2000 Subscribers on YouTube!!! Thank You All:) I did a Celebration Video, showcasing several Obscure Games that I love! 2 NEW Cores Added Today:) CrocoDS (CPC Amstrad) & SameBoy (GB/GBC). Command lines are /bin/crocods & /bin/sameboy I also Updated multiple other Cores with bugfixes, optimizations, etc, including RetroArch, SNES9x2010, 4DO, NP2Kai, Final Burn Alpha 2016, etc! Look in Xtras, Performance, to see the Specific Games that have Performance Boosts applied to them:)

Due to a Legal Grey Area, Bios must be provided by You, the User. I made a video about this! And, I also provided an HMOD for easy BIOS installations! Feel free to message me on Reddit under MDFMKanic, on GBA Temp under KMFDManic, on YouTube under KMFDManic, on Discord under KMFDManic, if you have absolutely any issues, questions, or need any help, whatsoever, running Cores that require Bios:) I will be very happy to help you Guys and Gals out! DO NOT be afraid to ask:) I am here to help you all best enjoy your Modding Experience!

Again, thanks to all of you, for making this Modding Scene so wonderful! And, thanks to all of the 2000+ YouTube Subscribers, Redditors, GBA Temp People, Discord, and everyone else I have come into contact with in this amazing Modding Adventure:) Enjoy the Update! Next up will be an Sfrom Tutorial, Code Making Tutorial, and more User Requests! Feel free to suggest, request, or ask anything you'd like me to work on or post a video of:) Thank You!!! And, last but not least, thanks to madmonkey and BsLeNuL for helping with Border Bug Fixes:)

**SNES Classic - 2000 Subscribers + Obscure Games Showcase:)**

**SNES Classic - Performance Upgrade Boosts Overview**

**SNES Classic - Master BIOS Module Overview**

**And, of course, the Core Set Update:)**

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases

Last edited by KMFDManic,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you release a performance boost, do we need to uninstall the previous hmods?

I'm also trying to get your ppsspp hmod up and running on hakchi CE but it just hangs for a bit before going back to the game selection menu. Did I miss a file or step to get it working?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you release a performance boost, do we need to uninstall the previous hmods?

I'm also trying to get your ppsspp hmod up and running on hakchi CE but it just hangs for a bit before going back to the game selection menu. Did I miss a file or step to get it working?

Look at complete command line for your PSP Game. It may likely contain .7z extension because of Hakchi2 accidentally compressing it. Decompress it with a right click. Also, after adding ANY Games, or making any changes within Hakchi2, close and reopen Hakchi2, to ensure desktop files save! And, to run PSP, use /bin/ppsspp It is the ONLY Core that can not be started from RetroArch, and needs to always initially be started via main UI. As far as Performance Upgrades, simply install my newest RetroArch Xtreme, and you should be good:) If you have issues, uninstall previous RetroArch, then install anew:) Let me know if you ever have any issues! And, you are welcome to post full Command Line for PSP Game, so I can see where you went wrong:) Enjoy PSP, my friend:)

Reactions: supermist

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting, where is the hotfix you are talking about?

try messaging KMFDManic, he's super helpful and he went out of his way to help me many times in the past, he might be busy and wont reply right away but that guy is definitely the real deal. Can't give this guy enough credit!

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compression was my issue, PSP games load now :)

However, I can't seem to find the settings to set frameskip to auto and 1. I'm looking at this guide:

Though my retroarch has a newer gui

EDIT: Found it under options. Turning frameskip off and setting it to 0 seemed to increase performance tremendously for the game I'm testing (Legend of Heroes - Zero no Kiseki)

I am getting a C8 error when turning off the classic after playing PSP games though. This isn't happening with games from other consoles. I'm not sure what could be causing this since my folders are small enough and I did try exiting retroarch before shutting down too.

Last edited by supermist,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 3-29-18**

**2000 Subscribers on YouTube!!! Thank You All:) I did a Celebration Video, showcasing several Obscure Games that I love! 2 NEW Cores Added Today:) CrocoDS (CPC Amstrad) & SameBoy (GB/GBC). Command lines are /bin/crocods & /bin/sameboy I also Updated multiple other Cores with bugfixes, optimizations, etc, including RetroArch, SNES9x2010, 4DO, NP2Kai, Final Burn Alpha 2016, etc! Look in Xtras, Performance, to see the Specific Games that have Performance Boosts applied to them:)

Due to a Legal Grey Area, Bios must be provided by You, the User. I made a video about this! And, I also provided an HMOD for easy BIOS installations! Feel free to message me on Reddit under MDFMKanic, on GBA Temp under KMFDManic, on YouTube under KMFDManic, on Discord under KMFDManic, if you have absolutely any issues, questions, or need any help, whatsoever, running Cores that require Bios:) I will be very happy to help you Guys and Gals out! DO NOT be afraid to ask:) I am here to help you all best enjoy your Modding Experience!

Again, thanks to all of you, for making this Modding Scene so wonderful! And, thanks to all of the 2000+ YouTube Subscribers, Redditors, GBA Temp People, Discord, and everyone else I have come into contact with in this amazing Modding Adventure:) Enjoy the Update! Next up will be an Sfrom Tutorial, Code Making Tutorial, and more User Requests! Feel free to suggest, request, or ask anything you'd like me to work on or post a video of:) Thank You!!! And, last but not least, thanks to madmonkey and BsLeNuL for helping with Border Bug Fixes:)

**SNES Classic - 2000 Subscribers + Obscure Games Showcase:)**

**SNES Classic - Performance Upgrade Boosts Overview**

**SNES Classic - Master BIOS Module Overview**

**And, of course, the Core Set Update:)**

I'd love to see an Apple II core...

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom Mortal Kombat Arcade OST, MAME 2003 Xtreme, Core Set Update:) Did I forget to say Moooorrrttttaaaallll Kooooommmmbbbaaaaatt!!!?

**UPDATE 3-31-18**

First and foremost, DarkAkuma did it! He successfully Canoe Patched Star Ocean!!! Go to the DarkAkuma Sfrom Tool Link below to enjoy this amazing labor of love, on his part! Those who do run Canoe, will be able to enjoy the better lag input and rewind ability!!! I will do a video about his incredible Sfrom Tool, soon:)

**DarkAkuma's Star Ocean (Canoe Patch)**

http://darkakuma.z-net.us/2018/03/release-star-ocean-canoe-patch.html

Next up, Custom Mortal Kombat OST!!! You will need to use the NEW MAME 2003 Xtreme in my set! It will completely replace the current MAME 2003! It will still work with all of the great Irem, Data East, System 32, etc, additions!!! Command line remains, /bin/mame2003 Samples for Mortal Kombat are in Xtras/Arcade/samples folder! You will need to provide your own mkla1.zip rom set to go with them! Enjoy this absolutely amazing gem of an OST Boost to MK:) Personal thanks to gpstar, who also went into overdrive to get Final Fight Sega CD OST working with MAME 2003, as well (based off the original idea and coding prowess of big blue frontend!!!) Samples for ffight are also in samples folder!!!

Otherwise, there is a NEW NES Emulator you can play around with, that is is less in options, but quite reliable for a majority of NES Games! Command line is /bin/quicknes You can also load Core/Load quicknes/load content:) I also Updated NP2Kai, 4DO, SNES9x2005/2010/2016, DOSBox, and RetroArch. TheWez1981 did a fantastic Custom Intellivision Border, which is in km_retroarch_custom_borders_3_31_18 Be sure to check it out:)

I did two Tutorials for utilizing the Custom Mortal Kombat OST. I have had several requests about Hakchi2 CE Tutorials. So, I used the OST Addition as a Base Point for NAND and USB-HOST Tutorials:)

On a final note, looking forward to more feedback on any other Games that may need checked into for Performance Boosts:) Thanks to you All! Be sure to check out the PERFORMANCE Folder, in the meantime! I will do what I can get to get some awesome Boosts into the Next Update!!! Enjoy this Update for now, and have fun with MK and the great CD Quality Soundtrack, courtesy of the hard work of gpstar and the Original People who did all of the tracks. I will do my best to list these incredible Artists, when I can!!!

**SNES Classic - Turbo Fire & Rewind Fun**

**SNES Classic - Mortal Kombat !!! Fans Rejoice:) Custom OST!!!**

**SNES Classic - Hakchi2 CE - NAND Tutorial (Mortal Kombat Custom OST Edition:)**

**SNES Classic - Hakchi2 CE - USB-HOST Tutorial (Mortal Kombat Custom OST Edition:)**

**And, of course, the Update:)**

**Thanks again, to all of you:) You all Rock!!!**

Last edited by KMFDManic,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I noticed before my adapter broke, is that Brave Fencer Musashi for psx (great Zelda like game BTW) runs a little fast. It's not really noticeable except for the fact that you need to rapidly press square to absorb an enemy's ability and this is very difficult to accomplish. Maybe it was my settings but the game seems to run great.

LuckY07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**SNES Classic - Operation BIOS Recovery (No BIOS left behind:)**

**SNES Classic - Turbo Fire & Rewind Fun:)**

@KMFDManic I backed up my BIOS files like you showed, but I noticed there's no "neogeo.zip" in my etc\libretro\system folder when I did this. I also noticed you didn't
have that file either in your videos. Do we still need to place the "neogeo.zip" file in etc\libretro\system when making the > km_master_bios_module_3_28_18.hmod??

Which one of your old cores had this? Thanks!

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Either heavy handed or seriously bad luck. If this new one fails try this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-cm-Mi...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648
Have done many many unplugging and re-attaching of devices to this during testing and it is still going strong. Also its always best in my opinion to purchase 1 with 3 ports to fully take advantage of what usb_host has to offer

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this the one that has to be renamed as "boot.png"?
no this one needs ftp to snes and replaces the stock loading image named RAloading-min.png as you can see it says retroarch loading at the bottom.

use these for boot.png

boot.png boot.png

I can take no credit for creating these images.
First image i got from a youtube user.
Second i got from google and the retroach loading image i uploaded was created by using the second image and cutting the retroarch portion from Kmfdmanic retroarch loading image and pasting it over the bottom part of the second image

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KMFDManic I backed up my BIOS files like you showed, but I noticed there's no "neogeo.zip" in my etc\libretro\system folder when I did this. I also noticed you didn't
have that file either in your videos. Do we still need to place the "neogeo.zip" file in etc\libretro\system when making the > km_master_bios_module_3_28_18.hmod??

Which one of your old cores had this? Thanks!

You running USB-HOST or NON?

Due to their being 4 potential neogeo.zips, I had these separate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One thing I noticed before my adapter broke, is that Brave Fencer Musashi for psx (great Zelda like game BTW) runs a little fast. It's not really noticeable except for the fact that you need to rapidly press square to absorb an enemy's ability and this is very difficult to accomplish. Maybe it was my settings but the game seems to run great.

You may have unintentionally changed a setting. Reinstalling RetroArch from my current set should correct this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol