Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Warning!
Kernal dumped but the MD5 checksum is unknown:
9aa37654b6801a3c4b5af544f50c0830
Do you want to continue?"

this has me a bit worried. I won't be doing this until christmas, but wasn't there an issue with this on the NES classic, too ? What does it mean ? If that warning screen comes up, we shouldn't continue ?

It took a while for me to back into what likely happened, but that md5sum is for the custom kernel, which means the unit had already been flashed at the time the dump was taken.

Best guess is that the unit was flashed, another copy of Hakchi was installed, and flashed again, which means it didn't know a dump had already been taken and it tried again, resulting in the above error.

It's harmless so long as you still have the real, original backup of the kernel preserved somewhere, it can just be copied back into the dump folder in case you ever need to restore.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

haha I mean changing ID preset or something

No...not all games can be magically fixed by a preset (especially ones with problems that were never released on Virtual Console for the Wii U).

Could somebody help me with this? I'm trying to modify the SNES Classic UI. I found this on reddit:

How do I do overmount command?

Edit: I am on a Windows pc

You'll need to create a hmod:

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/wiki/Modifications-and-modules-guide

ghorricks

Trophies
Website
en.wikipedia.org
XP
Country
United States
So I have re flashed from factory AGAIN.
this time before I used "hakchi-gui.exe", I setup and tested the following:
MD, 32x, NES, PCE and added them to a folder on my internal memory... tested and working with the mods.

I then ran the USB software to convert and booted to the snes internal to check what works.
Only SNES and the NES (via retroarch) title work from the internal.
So when i had issues running from USB...well it wouldnt have mattered, because the internal ones wouldnt work either.

What is the "hakchi-gui.exe" doing exactly?

It seems to keep the original mod of sorts, but stops some things working?

Exactly how do i add hmods once the USB "hakchi-gui.exe" has been completed???

Last edited by ghorricks,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have re flashed from factory AGAIN.
this time before I used "hakchi-gui.exe", I setup and tested the following:
MD, 32x, NES, PCE and added them to a folder on my internal memory... tested and working with the mods.

I then ran the USB software to convert and booted to the snes internal to check what works.
Only SNES and the NES (via retroarch) title work from the internal.
So when i had issues running from USB...well it wouldnt have mattered, because the internal ones wouldnt work either.

What is the "hakchi-gui.exe" doing exactly?

It seems to keep the original mod of sorts, but stops some things working?

Exactly how do i add hmods once the USB "hakchi-gui.exe" has been completed???
From what I've heard, ANY mods need to be added prior to using the hakchi-gui.exe. So you have to get ALL your mods on the SNES Classic first.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, ANY mods need to be added prior to using the hakchi-gui.exe. So you have to get ALL your mods on the SNES Classic first.

He did. I know what he's talking about. There's still a lot of work to be done to make this work reliably.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He did. I know what he's talking about. There's still a lot of work to be done to make this work reliably.
Yeah tell me about it, I FINALLY got mine to work. My roms can't be zipped. Idk if that's just me or if that's something everyone knew and I overlooked. So do NONE of the retroarch mods work but NES? I tried getting the snes9x to work but no luck.

ghorricks

Trophies
Website
en.wikipedia.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah tell me about it, I FINALLY got mine to work. My roms can't be zipped. Idk if that's just me or if that's something everyone knew and I overlooked. So do NONE of the retroarch mods work but NES? I tried getting the snes9x to work but no luck.
Hey.... Patton - great YouTube Channel.... Just noticed its YOU!!!
I had posted there too... maybe its all happening so quickly. :) Great you got SNES roms working.

So for me I have a EUR SNES Classic.
Installed hmods before, and tested them.
Flashed the USB mod.
Lost all but NES in retroarch on the internal and external.

The god who is ClusterM... I hope and pray he hears my call... For the love of all that is good in the world, I hope he can combine the code and allow us to use hakchi2 to sort this all out! :)

Last edited by ghorricks,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.... Patton - great YouTube Channel.... Just noticed its YOU!!!
I had posted there too... maybe its all happening so quickly. :) Great you got SNES roms working.

So for me I have a EUR SNES Classic.
Installed hmods before, and tested them.
Flashed the USB mod.
Lost all but NES in retroarch on the internal an external.

The god who is ClusterM... I hope and pray he hears my call... For the love of all that is good in the world, I hope he can combine the code and allow us to use hakchi2 to sort this all out! :)
Oh Hey! Yeah I got your tweet and message on my YT channel! Awesome video man. And Yeah as soon as I got a game running I got stoked! Now I'm testing out various mods to see what I can get going. Thanks for giving me a heads up man!

dersonik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How should looks like folder structure. I have working external drive, I would like sort games /Snes /Mame /PSX /Sega etc... How to do this on external Drive?

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how I can get BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2 working on the SNES Classic? I've tried the official emu (causes C8 error), SNES9x 2002, 2005, & 2010, all basically black screen.

I've tried both versions, both compressed and uncompressed, they all act the same.
BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2 MD5: E397D61D2559B434278C5328F942E63C
BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2 Practice MD5: C1008DB81315057BE63C2901A39EB1FB

I found out how to get this save working. FTP over to var/lib/clover/profiles/0/[GameID] then rename the old files to the current naming conventions used for SNES. 1.state = savestate (and place into the rollback folder),1.state.png = state.png, 1.state_time.txt = state.time, save.sram = catridge.sram and they all go into the suspendpoint1 folder. Then repeat for 2-4.
Also can I get my save states from NES Classic for BS Zelda 4th Quest to work on the SNES Classic? I tried simply exporting from NES the importing to SNES, but it doesn't show up in the console menu. Though it appears to stay in the console's storage when viewing the save state manager.

Last edited by Home_Rowed,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES Classic - USB-HOST Expandable Storage Modification!!!

Huge personal thanks to madmonkey!!!!, as well as DanTheMan827, AceVanquish, skogaby, Melthris, and liriel for their absolutely invaluable input, feedback and help in testing the true awesomeness of the USB-HOST Expandable Storage Modification. I independently did my own testing, of various perimeters and optimizations, and have put together a fairly detailed video, to help you all get it working, on your end, and make it much more user-friendly!!! I am using the Official Release, as in my latest Core Set, in Advanced Users Folder...You can see an example of the hardware configuration, etc., in the same location. A few important notes below this video description. These will be updated into the ReadMe, when I have the chance! Enjoy:)

NOTES:

1. Word Association (Seriously, Don't U F'ing Remember Me?) relates to the corresponding steps...

Seriously = Stock Kernel
Don't = Dump Kernel
U = Unpack Kernel
F'ing = Flash Kernel
Remember = Rebuild Kernel
Me? = Memboot

2. If you install HMODs, after the fact, you may need to Memboot, before Flash Drive properly reads, again!

3. The parenthesis issue, can be attributed to the missing font dependencies. Font will be one of the next things in my agenda, as far as ease of use, and integration. But, for now, if you have issues, keep names simplified!

4. The OTG Device MUST have OTG switch permanently in OTG position!

Last edited by KMFDManic,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES Classic - USB-HOST Expandable Storage Modification!!!

Huge personal thanks to madmonkey!!!!, as well as DanTheMan827, AceVanquish, skogaby, Melthris, and liriel for their absolutely invaluable input, feedback and help in testing the true awesomeness of the USB-HOST Expandable Storage Modification. I independently did my own testing, of various perimeters and optimizations, and have put together a fairly detailed video, to help you all get it working, on your end, and make it much more user-friendly!!! I am using the Official Release, as in my latest Core Set, in Advanced Users Folder...You can see an example of the hardware configuration, etc., in the same location. A few important notes below this video description. These will be updated into the ReadMe, when I have the chance! Enjoy:)

NOTES:

1. Word Association (Seriously, Don't U F'ing Remember Me?) relates to the corresponding steps...

Seriously = Stock Kernel
Don't = Dump Kernel
U = Unpack Kernel
F'ing = Flash Kernel
Remember = Rebuild Kernel
Me? = Memboot

2. If you install HMODs, after the fact, you may need to Memboot, before Flash Drive properly reads, again!

3. The parenthesis issue, can be attributed to the missing font dependencies. Font will be one of the next things in my agenda, as far as ease of use, and integration. But, for now, if you have issues, keep names simplified!

4. The OTG Device MUST have OTG switch permanently in OTG position!

Is the editing of the desktop file not necessary anymore? Also what about file paths to get modules to run? People seem to still be having a problem with that.

Higgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried usb-host on NES mini?

I was also thinking the same. I've a USB cable on order but then reliased everyone is talking SNES Mini and not NES Mini.
I suppose someone could mod their SNES Mini and then their kernel could magically appear somewhere and then use that .hqsq file on a Dual-Boot NESC? ;)

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on which hakchi-gui.exe you are using: the prototype version works fine if you add the hmods before patching, the latest version after. My tests were performed on the prototype version.

Actually didn't someone recently say they got dosbox working with mouse and keyboard support???
Yes, it is me that one. DOSBox is working form USB using mouse and keyboards (tested on Windows 3.1 title).

I suggest everybody to wait for a stable release to know how to exactly proceed and to have just only 1 procedure and not many.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on which hakchi-gui.exe you are using: the prototype version works fine if you add the hmods before patching, the latest version after. My tests were performed on the prototype version.

Yes, it is me that one. DOSBox is working form USB using mouse and keyboards (tested on Windows 3.1 title).

I suggest everybody to wait for a stable release to know how to exactly proceed and to have just only 1 procedure and not many.
Ah ok. Do you create the dump folder manually with this version and still ad your dump file. I was messing around with this the other day and noticed that difference from the regular version.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was also thinking the same. I've a USB cable on order but then reliased everyone is talking SNES Mini and not NES Mini.
I suppose someone could mod their SNES Mini and then their kernel could magically appear somewhere and then use that .hqsq file on a Dual-Boot NESC? ;)

i tested it on NESC, too. It works. Dual boot won't with current set-up. But, depending on how things go, changes may be made to make dual core compatible. Dual Core does work. Just not with the current release...only with unreleased code for now.

Is the editing of the desktop file not necessary anymore? Also what about file paths to get modules to run? People seem to still be having a problem with that.

no need to edit desktops anymore. I applied the bug fixes (11-14 Core Update), thanks to test results. I collaborated with dantheman827, and everyone else I credited, to get this whole process down to a T.

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: keithelmcity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1