Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks I'll check now after updating hakchi what games now run with out retroarch and go from thre.
I say that 90-95% of the SNes Games works with Canoe without Problems.

I have from 92 installed SNes Games around 15 that use Retroarch but some had only Grafik Errors under Canoe because that they work under Retroarch likle Secret of Mana 1-2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe you should have provided some more info on the subject instead of posting just a link in one of your later posts?
what information you need?

Tutorial how to add is there
https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo...ase_nessnes_classic_dualboot_mod_v03_no_more/

Download is here
https://github.com/teamzebra/snesclassic.dualboot/releases

You need a Kernel from the Mini NES to dump it to a HMOD.

It will be installed over the Core/Modul System like Retroarch.
It takes around 34MB from the System Space.

After install the Core and the Icon you can switch with a Icon between the Mini SNes and the Mini Nes.
jjdunpnr.qke.jpg culyrdcb.wzm.jpg
You can install other Games to the Mini Nes System but at the Moment only with Ftp.
The Features Rewind and Borders are not there in the Nini Nes Section because the are only for the Mini SNes.

to the Versions:
With 0.1 you had to re-install after every Sync with Hakchi. Reset cause a C8 Error.
With 0.2 was this not needed to reinstall after a Sync but it cause Problems with Hakchi 2.21 and Sync with 2.20 Cause no Problems. The Reset Button works in this Version.
With 0.3 it works without Problems with no C7/8 Error or Error with uo to date Hakchi.

The switching between Mini SNes and Mini Nes System are fast like changing a Folder

Last edited by Liriel,

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after install the core and the icon you can switch with a icon between the mini snes and the mini nes.
View attachment 102820 View attachment 102821
you can install other games to the mini nes system but at the moment only with ftp.

with 0.1 you had to re-install after every synch with hakchi. reset cause a c8 error.
with 0.2 was this not needed to reinstall after a sync but it cause problems with hakchi 2.21 and syncwith 2.20 cause no problems. the reset button works in this version.
with 0.3 it works without problems with no c error orerror with uo to date hakchi.

the switching between mini snes and mini nes system are fast like changing a folder
that switch to snes classic icon is terrible, whoever is running that show should change it to a scan of the Japanese box

Reactions: artemus3

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that switch to snes classic icon is terrible, whoever is running that show should change it to a scan of the Japanese box
that is a thing for the user to change it.
to change the icon for "switch to snes" is in the mod or you must use the ftp.
but i had nothing against the icons.

the icons for "switch to mini nes" is easier because it is changing in hakchi the icon.

edit
ah i found the icon unter "nesc_hybrid_system.hmod\etc\nesgames\CLV-P-0SNES".
now i need a good fullscreen shot of the europe version box

Last edited by Liriel,

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I have from 92 installed SNes Games around 15 that use Retroarch but some had only Grafik Errors under Canoe because that they work under Retroarch likle Secret of Mana 1-2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmo...ase_nessnes_classic_dualboot_mod_v03_no_more/

Download is here

After install the Core and the Icon you can switch with a Icon between the Mini SNes and the Mini Nes.
You can install other Games to the Mini Nes System but at the Moment only with Ftp.
The Features Rewind and Borders are not there in the Nini Nes Section because the are only for the Mini SNes.

to the Versions:
With 0.1 you had to re-install after every Sync with Hakchi. Reset cause a C8 Error.
With 0.2 was this not needed to reinstall after a Sync but it cause Problems with Hakchi 2.21 and Sync with 2.20 Cause no Problems. The Reset Button works in this Version.
With 0.3 it works without Problems with no C7/8 Error or Error with uo to date Hakchi.

The switching between Mini SNes and Mini Nes System are fast like changing a Folder

Next up: port of ones own SNES Mini kernel/Canoe to softmodded WiiU? :-)

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to know the answer.. I will pm the developer and find out the answer.

So you're going to waste the developers time to answer your question when you could just flash and see? If you have more than 63 games you want to flash, put them in folders. Folders does not mean they run on RetroArch. Lots of people have flashed more than 63 using only the built in emulator. Instead of "need to know" why don't YOU "find out?"

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're going to waste the developers time to answer your question when you could just flash and see? If you have more than 63 games you want to flash, put them in folders. Folders does not mean they run on RetroArch. Lots of people have flashed more than 63 using only the built in emulator. Instead of "need to know" why don't YOU "find out?"

No.. Already got my answer recently.. Someone was very nice and kindly of to answered my question. Thank you anyway. :rofl2::grog:

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i take these pictures for the mini nes and mini snes pictures ^^

Next up: port of ones own SNES Mini kernel/Canoe to softmodded WiiU? :-)
i think that is not so easy to make.
mini nes/mini snes has a other system as the wiiu.
i thin they would need to change the driver for the wiiu

Attachments

• 00000703_02.0.jpg
    00000703_02.0.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 534
  • NES+Classic+Edition.JPG
    NES+Classic+Edition.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 491

hmiem81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome write up! I know that it seems that people have been ignoring your posts but this thread goes so quickly with how many different types of mods are being discussed that I think it is just forum fatigue. I honestly think that we need to have a thread split between people that want to keep a native device versus expanding to use retroarch.

Download is here

to the Versions:

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to get doom to work properly?
It works for me but its very laggy and ”slowish”

I have us rom and run it in retroarch, this rom didnt work in canoe for me.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so this is better.
now i must set transperancy to the white background

Attachments

• 2017-10-15 19.29.52.jpg
    2017-10-15 19.29.52.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 465
  • 2017-10-15 19.30.03.jpg
    2017-10-15 19.30.03.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 591

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man thanks. So now I'm not able to used multiple cores a a time like you video I followed a few as back ? Because I had snes 9x2005 and snes 9x2010 to used a the same time? Also where exactly do I add the --retroarch after what?

Also can I still used this method for dual cores like before if I the old core set?

I was asked to clean up the Core Set a little and try to avoid too many of the "specific" Cores. Compatibility is much better for Canoe now, with less than 103 games with issues, out of the official set. So now, you can install as a Canoe Game, then simply add --retroarch at the end, like so.

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-XFJBY/Rock_n__Roll_Racing_(USA).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

And, have either 2002/2005/or 2010 SNES 9X installed.

I may decide to add the dual Cores back to my next update since several people have made a point to let me know they miss it.

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was asked to clean up the Core Set a little and try to avoid too many of the "specific" Cores. Compatibility is much better for Canoe now, with less than 103 games with issues, out of the official set. So now, you can install as a Canoe Game, then simply add --retroarch at the end, like so.

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-XFJBY/Rock_n__Roll_Racing_(USA).sfrom.7z --volume 100 -rollback-snapshot-period 600 --retroarch

I may decide to add the dual Cores back to my next update since several people have made a point to let me know they miss it.
Thanks man really appreciate the help

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hi guy ! Thank you very much for your job. Is it true that there is a way to automatically launch a SNES game not compatible with canoe (with hakchi2 and retroarch) without writing --retroarch ? Thanks. Rgs.

Brum1875

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys after a bit of help ive hacked my snes mini and I am able to install snes games no problem but when I install retroarch it bricks my snes I just get a black screen when powering on so I have to flash back to stock I had it working at one point with genesis, and turbo grahics. but I put a 32x rom on and got a black screen and since then after going back to stock cant use retroarch? thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto