Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you now save space by actually keeping the original games selected instead of un selecting them and re-adding them as ROMs? I noticed some space freed up when I removed my Secret of Mana ROM and selected to keep the original copy.

Or is this an error? I'd hate to re-add the original games, remove the ROM copies and add additional games to only exceed the storage capacity and error out something.

Last edited by supermist,

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to get Super Street Fighter 2 - the new Challengers to work. I heard there a problems with canoe so I tried to start it with retroarch. Short black Screen on SNESC and it directly goes back into the menue. Did anybody get it to work? I thought if it works on retroarch on my PC it would be no problem on the snesc?

I have the us version of this game and dont use retroarch to play it. So maybe you have a bad rom?

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cleaned up the Core set so that they work on both Nes Classic and SNES Classic. Here is how SNES 9x Cores work.

On NES Classic, /bin/snes OR /bin/snes05 , etc.

On SNES Classic, games need to be added so they convert to sfrom format, and have CANOE in command line. At the very end of the command line, leave a space, then type

--retroarch

You can have either 2002 or 2005 or 2010 9x installed. I had to do this to clean things up and make things less confusing and make cores work for both systems.

Let me know if u still need help:)

Just readd any games that arent sfrom format and let them convert. Again, I can help if necessary, with setup of any Core you use.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not yet. But, I bet we will be able to in due time when we look more into the triggering code.
Hey man thanks. So now I'm not able to used multiple cores a a time like you video I followed a few as back ? Because I had snes 9x2005 and snes 9x2010 to used a the same time? Also where exactly do I add the --retroarch after what?

Also can I still used this method for dual cores like before if I the old core set?

Last edited by Th3one,

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried to uninstall the cores and install it new?

have you only install the new version without uninstall the old moduls?
I tried re installing and everything but I think is because of the how the new cores work kmdf said that now I'm only able to add one core of the snes9x and I have to used --retroarch. The thing was the one of the games didn't work with the original emulator so I was using snes9x2010 do them but there were like 2 or 3 that wouldnt run with snes9x2010 so I had them set up with snes2005 but now I'm only able to have one install.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey man thanks. So now I'm not able to used multiple cores a a time like you video I followed a few as back ? Because I had snes 9x2005 and snes 9x2010 to used a the same time? Also where exactly do I add the --retroarch after what?

Also can I still used this method for dual cores like before if I the old core set?
i would delete the snes9x2005 core

I tried re installing and everything but I think is because of the how the new cores work kmdf said that now I'm only able to add one core of the snes9x and I have to used --retroarch. The thing was the one of the games didn't work with the original emulator so I was using snes9x2010 do them but there were like 2 or 3 that wouldnt run with snes9x2010 so I had them set up with snes2005 but now I'm only able to have one install.
with games not working with the 2010 coree and work with the 2005 core?

i think dual core is not possible

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Snes9x 2010 has superior emulation, I would personally recommend he keep that instead.

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes that what kmfd was telling me as well that it didn't work like before. But I understand hakchi now has all more compability and to answer the questions I'm don't exactly now what games they were. So I'm going to re add games just like normal and see if they start if not I'll try one retroarch core and if they start I should be good. Thanks again for the help.

Snes9x 2010 has superior emulation, I would personally recommend he keep that instead.
Thanks I'll check now after updating hakchi what games now run with out retroarch and go from thre.

Thanks I'll check now after updating hakchi what games now run with out retroarch and go from thre.

darex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have this problem when I turn of my SNES, it give me an error message C7. The SNES stays on and doesnt turn off. Once I move the power button to on, and turning it off again it works.

I tried to flash it back to the original kernel but problem is not solved after this. Anyone seen this before?

If you have more then 60 Games in root then you got the error wenn you turn the snes off. Try using folders.

Last edited by darex,
Reactions: Link8

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many SNES ROMS can be store ? I mean without retroarch. I was told that 63 games or more will crashes.

Edit: I dont like the SNES artbox of American version. Too bland! I will replace SNES artbox of PAL versions.. More colourful and nice appearance.

I need to know the answer.. I will pm the developer and find out the answer.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Question about retroarch overlays: Whenever I press the RESET button on the SNES mini to take a save state, the Overlay that was set to ON switches to OFF. So I always have to set it manually to ON after pressing the RESET button. Is there a way to make it stay to ON at all times? I already tried setting it to ON and saving the configuration, but it didn't work.

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you im hesitant on doing it because im trying to get everything setup. once i mod it once im sure i wont do any modifications in the future so im trying to get everything at once.

1 - does mGBA run GBC and GB as well?

2 - There are some games in my SNES list that arrent on the spreadsheet (Robotrek and Young Merlin) so ill set them as retroarch just in case.

3 - And so far all my roms are 239MB (no cover arts yet and not compressed yet.) would I be over the space limit?

4 - Which core is for NES?

5 - And should i overclock star fox 1 and 2 or are they already overclocked?

6 - Here are the Files i plan to add, anybody have suggestions on other Roms i should look into?
View attachment 102765 View attachment 102766 View attachment 102767 View attachment 102768

Bump... After I get these answered I'm sure I'm ready to mod my snes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto