Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Chrono Trigger, the Dr L retranslation? But I believe it changes the ROM to use the Ex HiROM extension, no? Tales of Phantasia uses it and doesn't run, has anyone tested this particular ROM hack?
In particular, this ROM hack http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3072/ it expands the game to 6 MB.

Only two games use 48 mbit ex HiROM, Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean, and neither of them load.

Chrono Trigger hacks are not real ExHiRom... They are expanded HiRom.

Same with Dragon Quest III (english fan translation) and old Earthbound hacks.

CANOE doesn't support them (neither ExHiRom and ExpandedHiRom) but snes9x does.

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i finally was able to uses the new hakchi2 release but now it says i only have 231mb of space before it used to say i had 300mb?

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've already done that, the uncensored edition works perfectly, and the added dash feature by holding B is a nice touch :P I don't know if Chrono Trigger Dr. L's hack will work as it expands the ROM to 48 megabits.
how do you remove epileptic protection? There is no option on hakchi2 as it was on the nes mini.

projections

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Huge thanks to Cluster, madmonkey, KMFDManic and anyone else involved for the work they've put into developing these tools for us. Your efforts have increased the fun factor of the device a hundredfold! Added 75 Snes games and 20 GBA games yesterday, all the games I've tested so far have been working like a charm.

Just a small final touch: you know that jerk that happens in the menu, if you have only a handful of items and you scroll to the last item on the right? The icons like rapidly shift to the left. Is there a simple way to fix this? I've got six folders in root; I'm guessing adding a seventh item might be enough to fix it but if there's a workaround, I'd prefer that 'cause I can't come up with an additional item I could add without it feeling forced.

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For right now, just in Ripped Format, with Music removed. It needs 319 Mb to run on the NESC. SNESC can't flash that high, unfortunately. But, the ripped version is barely 44 Mb.

I just want to say thank you for those cores. Now my problem after updating and installing new cores the games that I had running with the command line snes to start the core don't start anymore what do I do re install the games?

Last edited by Th3one,

GoldAnthro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They definitely can’t use the same internal hardware for n64 mini. It will need to be way better than glupen. A few 64 games work fine but the majority don’t work very well.

If Mario64 runs butter smooth than most games will be able to. They just need to make their own emulator which they will like they made Canoe.

But the hardware is able to run the games, no doubt about it playing Mario64.

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the latest realease of hakchi and retroarch now again...

Meny are really slow when i go between folders or when i switch games :(

And the original 21 games dont work.

Should it be like that? Or what can i do? I am very happy with the .15 release but want the better compression from the latest.

Last edited by Maurobr76,

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not aware of that.
I checked my copy of STTNG: Future's Past with RomCenter, using the Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System Parent-Clone (20120322).dat file under the nointro folder and it said that the only thing wrong with my rom is that it was named wrong.
I don't really use Rom verifiers much, so I'm not all that sure what to use. All I know is that if the rom is verified to be dump properly, then it should run correctly on most emulators and also the real hardware.
If something is not correct about what I said, then please let me know.

Well the main difference between no-intro and good roms.

Is that No-Intro only accepts 'perfect dumps', they have to be bit for bit exact dump, no modifications, no loss of data.

Goodrooms accepts almost anything that 'works' including collecting hacks of games. Some might have hacks to fix problems with modern emulators, but should just 'work'.

Here is No-intro's websites:

http://www.no-intro.org/

http://datomatic.no-intro.org/

Note You won't find the roms there, just the information about their work, and data about each of their 'dumps'.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They definitely can’t use the same internal hardware for n64 mini. It will need to be way better than glupen. A few 64 games work fine but the majority don’t work very well.

N64 is pretty bad even on Raspberry Pi3, with games that don't load at all, or have graphical glitches with menus and stuff, or broken fog tables.

If Mario64 runs butter smooth than most games will be able to. They just need to make their own emulator which they will like they made Canoe.

But the hardware is able to run the games, no doubt about it playing Mario64.

It doesn't work that way... THe problem is that developers of the n64 were notorious with using weird shortcuts and hardware tricks. Nintendo would have to understand the intricacies of each developer's trick, memory hacks, etc, if they want to add those into the hardware.

Even on PC N64 emulation is probably only around 70% playable. But there is still a lot of broken stuff, broken special effects.

Go to any website discussing N64 hardware, and emulation and they point out these difficulties and shortcomings.

Yes their are some plug ins that help for sure. But still nintendo will need to use new emulator. Just like they didn’t use snes9x

Ya Nintendo has to make their own, because emulators out there are not to be used for 'resale'. They can't simply use 'Rasp Pi' either because of the same policies.

Why wouldn't it? You just hide the 21 games, then add new copies of the same game by importing them. It worked for Contra 3 and Final Fantasy VI on my end *shrug*. It works.

Some articles report that SNES mini 'autopatches' roms it detects as being part of the 'original core 21 games' with the same epilepsy patches. Apparently NES mini did this too on a few of the patched games like Zelda II. But this may only be the case for Nintendo's first-party games if true.

Last edited by Baggins,
Reactions: artemus3

the_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried the latest realease of hakchi and retroarch now again...

Meny are really slow when i go between folders or when i switch games :(

And the original 21 games dont work.

Should it be like that? Or what can i do? I am very happy with the .15 release but want the better compression from the latest.

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/issues/717 this and report please.

Reactions: Maurobr76

loveShmups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ KMFDManic : I’m confused about your release.

I ONLY play SNES games on my SNES mini. (I can play the other games on my PC....)
I previously installed retroarch-clover in order to play the “no friendly SNES games” on the SNES mini .

In your last set (KMFDManic-NESC-SNESC-Cores(10-13-17).....) , I can see, three possible choices regarding the SNES core :

_km_snes9x2002_3_29_17.hmod,
_km_snes9x2005_10_1_17.hmod,
_km_snes9x2010_10_1_17.hmod

So here are my questions :

what is the most “efficient core” for the SNES ?
Is the “_km_snes9x2010_10_1_17.hmod” newer, compared to cluster’s retroarch-clover ?

Last edited by loveShmups,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto