Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They're still there, just on another part of the NAND, why is that an issue? People are now having an issue with the extra room?:unsure:
ah ok i dont knew that they are in other part of the nand.
i thought they would be there and i want to check iff there are compressed like i made it.
but when they are in th e other nand part than it is ok

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad... Metal Slug isn't running when game is installed as archive. Anyone else that is using Neo Geo roms? I am sure I aint the only one with this problem...
you will need a core to run the game. You can use mame2003, FBA etc. Then you need to change the command line argument to point to that core to run the game.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*grrr* the ftp is creepy!
i want to flash new backgrounds and everytime the ftp will killed when i transfer the files

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you seem to have good tech knowledge about how roms work and run, maybe you know the answer for my question about the Neo Geo roms too? I added a couple of Neo Geo Metal Slug roms, but get a popup with multiple files within the zipped rom and Hakchi asks me which file I want to select. The other option within the popup is install as an archive. Never seen this before, in other emu's or with other systems roms in Hakchi, so I am clueless what to do with the Metal Slugs. And I don't want to do it because it is impossible to get, I just want to play some Metal Slug on my SNES Mini ;-)
With the NESC, I used the "install as an archive" option for many multi-file games. Should work the same for SNESC. But I have not yet tried NeoGeo on my SNESC; I already have it on NESC ;)
Hope that helps. I suggest try it and see how it goes. Worst case, delete the game from Hakchi.

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you seem to have good tech knowledge about how roms work and run, maybe you know the answer for my question about the Neo Geo roms too? I added a couple of Neo Geo Metal Slug roms, but get a popup with multiple files within the zipped rom and Hakchi asks me which file I want to select. The other option within the popup is install as an archive. Never seen this before, in other emu's or with other systems roms in Hakchi, so I am clueless what to do with the Metal Slugs. And I don't want to do it because it is impossible to get, I just want to play some Metal Slug on my SNES Mini ;-)
With the NESC, I used the "install as an archive" option for many multi-file games. Should work the same for SNESC. But I have not yet tried NeoGeo on my SNESC; I already have it on NESC ;)
Hope that helps. I suggest try it and see how it goes. Worst case, delete the game from Hakchi.

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Just updated to latest version, but to be honest, i had alot of problems with it. I did a complete setup with uninstall and i had alot of problems with games where i had no problems before. For example with Terranigma, Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Time / Gaia, before this games was working well unpatched with retroarch and also with the standard emu (for sure buggy) but this time i really had to patch them to NTSC..

the_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Cluster I remember you saying that the next release (after 2.20) has automatic conversion from PAL to NTSC for important games but the release notes don't say anything. Did my brain make that up is it in and not mentioned or is it going to come in the next release?

Reactions: flinto

Pikapichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice update! So in the previous release, a copy of the original games was made in the part of the storage that the saves and additional games are kept? Is that how the SNES was set up from the factory? Or was it originally set up to work like how v2.21b handles it? (Linking them instead of having a copy on the writable partition)

Just asking because I'm curious and interested in how this stuff works. Thanks for all the work you've done @Cluster !

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Did somebody get the New Filter Mod working? Mod is installed, but when i put --smooth43 to the global command line (single command line also tested) then i get on every game which was working before C7 :D

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have four folders with 25 games each in the root. No standalone games. All works fine.

Hmm, I created 4 folders under root, with custom images. Moved all the SNES into it's own folder. So I had no individual games in the root. I just got a black screen, and the red LED staying on after I powered down.
I moved the SNES games, using the 'Custom - Show Folder Manager' in Hakchi.

I use .PNG images, I'm guessing that shouldn't be a problem. I'll have another go.

Anyone know what the Hakchi command line is for running MAME roms?

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hakchi2 v2.21b

What's new:

• Better games compatibility for SNES Mini (updated database of preset IDs, better LoROM/HiROM detection).
  • Built in database of problem games, so hakchi2 will ask you to switch to 3rd party emulator automatically (e.g. RetroArch).
  • Original games are not using extra memory space anymore, so we have some extra space for additional games (thanks to DanTheMan827!)
  • "remove_thumbnails" mod no longer slows down SNES Mini's startup (thanks to brian91292!)
  • Bundled with new mod "snes_custom_filters" which allows to disable scanlines in CRT mode or enable bilinear filter in 4:3 mode. Please read mod description before install.
  • Bundled with new mod "extra_space". This is experimental mod for SNES Mini which moves your save-states data to unused partition of NAND flash. This partition is only 50MB in size but it will free some space for games because SNES Mini's save-states are huge. Please read mod description before install.
  • Bugfixes.
RetroArch mod v0.9b

• Fixed bug causing exit on any button press
  • "--retroarch" argument is working again for SNES
  • Scanlines overlay (thanks to @arcadetv!)

So if someone found a way to get into the original games space, is there anyway to 'depatch' the games themselves to remove the epilepsy stuff?

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with the correct argument to use for running Famicom Disk System games on the SNESC? I can't seem to figure out.
You just need to install the retroarch module.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

shit!
why can i not add new backgrounds? everytime after reboot its all away!
I tried too, that folder must be read only.

Hmm, I created 4 folders under root, with custom images. Moved all the SNES into it's own folder. So I had no individual games in the root. I just got a black screen, and the red LED staying on after I powered down.
I moved the SNES games, using the 'Custom - Show Folder Manager' in Hakchi.

I use .PNG images, I'm guessing that shouldn't be a problem. I'll have another go.

Anyone know what the Hakchi command line is for running MAME roms?
Depends on which core you have installed. it's either fba or cps2

Reactions: djkav

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hackchi2 2.20 with retroarch work like a charm,all the games that doesen't work with snes mini emulator(terranigma,tales of phantasi etcc..)runs great with the command --retroarch,the only downside(that i've seen for me)is that when you reset retroarch games let you wait a little before returning to home screen and unfort i cannot powering with my tv usb because it not start mini snes at all,so far i haven't noticed hot consolle problem etcc,right now all was perfect!tnx too much to ClusterM for the great work!

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You just need to install the retroarch module.

I tried too, that folder must be read only.

Depends on which core you have installed. it's either fba or cps2
I have mame2003 core installed and the command line argument is bin/mame2003

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a question.

I used a .ZIP version of Hakchi 2.20. Which I used to install my additional games. I now downloaded the .MSI installer, so it will self update (I presume). Now Hakchi doesn't see the already newly added games, and the storgae at the bottom says 0.5 / 205.1MB. Do I need to uninstall Hakchi and do a fresh install to free up the space, taken by the games I can't see on the Hakchi list?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto