Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I saw a post about adding memory recently, there was this picture with solder points which had been marked. Anyone following that?

because when the mod's ready I might just make a tutorial for that. Some people will reply that if we want more memory we can go with a Pi... I want the official thing and I want to get the most out of it. I don't care. I mean my NES is 1080P with blinking light wins and wireless controllers also, I just love to tinker with stuff!

Reactions: Baggins

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome thanks! Do you think that is a fix cluster will fix in future releases or is that just the limitation of the snes ?
No, this is not something that can be fixed. The system can only load so many assets in a given window (games, box art, thumbs, savestates) that it will throw a C8 if overloaded. This is also why the "magic number" varies from user to user.

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good evening all,

Running latest hakchi 2.20.15 for both NES MINI and SNES MINI. Originally, I just copied games folder from hakchi 2.18 for my NES Setup as well as the config file. When I selected Settings->Console Type-> NES Classic mini all my games, art, and folder configurations loaded up no problem using 2.20.15 and all the games run well.

Question: How come when I'm modding NES Classic Mini when I go to Modules, none of the modules that I was running on 2.18 are listed? How would I ever "Uninstall Extra Modules?" Do I need to copy all my modules I was using in 2.18 over to the user_mods folder in 2.20.15?

Thanks,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is the post I was talking about from this's guy's Twitter, anyone could point what these solder point are for?
https://twitter.com/nvsofts/status/917278643763556352

reuploaded the image here for future reference. His post says, for people who wanna add SD/MMC to their SNES Mini

Attachments

• DLrT8F_UQAAtM63.jpg
    DLrT8F_UQAAtM63.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: TyRaNtM and Baggins

Pikapichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped my SNES kernel using 2.20 and the system won't shut off. I switched the power off after dumping the kernel and doing nothing else, but the red light is still on. Anyone else run into this issue?

deathrownz

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I got the GBA/NES working with the -retroarch command but can't seem to get megadrive/mastersystem or fba working any hints out there ?

mrjamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DarkAkuma sorry, but it just seems that there are a fair few people who really want to play this game and responses like this aren't helpful ones. Cryptic messages written backwards and brainteasers like this aren't helping.

We get it 'you have the game working and we dont' - help out or stop the teasing..?

If there is a discord server with a patch link, post it up. As above patches are allowed in this forum. Otherwise post when you can share it, instead of teasing good people in here with hope in the interim..

Otherwise we will wait for Cluster to help with a fix as I know he has been in contact with you anyway

p.s. maybe if you didn't write backwards cryptically, your 'do not quote me' may have stood out a little better ;) To me , it sounded as though you were saying 'dont quote me on this' as in, 'im not 100% sure' or 'ive heard along the grapevine'... didn't know it meant literally do not use the 'quote' button..

Last edited by mrjamma,
Reactions: the_randomizer

studmonkey76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else having issues with retroarch 0.9? if i use it, games such as illusion of gaia wont work, they go to black screen, and then reset to main screen, but if i use 0.8, it works fine...is there a bug in 0.9?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: mrjamma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users