Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

tqhoang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the /var/lib/hakchi/firmware update actually replace the rootfs squashfs file on the NAND-B, or is it a temporary thing while the file resides in the folder?

FWIW, I'm looking to permanently update my SNESCE from firmware 2.0.7 to 2.0.14.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the /var/lib/hakchi/firmware update actually replace the rootfs squashfs file on the NAND-B, or is it a temporary thing while the file resides in the folder?

FWIW, I'm looking to permanently update my SNESCE from firmware 2.0.7 to 2.0.14.

And what would that benefit?

hmiem81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what strange is here is we are on a forum to help,and when someone ask how they did get street fighter alpha 2 working,no answer,very strange.
i already change via ctrl-alt-e the preset id to 1065,garbled graphics,or do you change the id in command line?
got it working in retroarch.

The preset id setting to 1065 is for Super Street Fighter 2, not Alpha 2. I am unaware what type of magic caused alpha 2 to work. I'd love to be enlightened as it is the last one on my list of games that I want on the system.

tqhoang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And what would that benefit?

I'm assuming newer is better...
USA FW 2.0.7 => Canoe-SHVC 2.2.0426.0
USA FW 2.0.14 => Canoe-SHVC 2.3.0531.0

Additionally there was a newer MALI video drivers in FW's 2.0.13 and 2.0.14.

Again assuming here, but if Nintendo engineers didn't need to fix any issues, I wonder why they would go through the trouble of releasing new builds.

Last edited by tqhoang,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming newer is better...
USA FW 2.0.7 => Canoe-SHVC 2.2.0426.0
USA FW 2.0.14 => Canoe-SHVC 2.3.0531.0

I haven't heard of anything, I doubt it'd run games better. Beware of the risk you're taking with NAND dumps.

The preset id setting to 1065 is for Super Street Fighter 2, not Alpha 2. I am unaware what type of magic caused alpha 2 to work. I'd love to be enlightened as it is the last one on my list of games that I want on the system.
I believe someone on Reddit stated it was ripped from the Wii U VC, which didn't emulate the S-DD1 at all, but merely had all the compressed/decompressed files with it. There is an IPS patch for the ROM somewhere, I'll need to find it.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

hmiem81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious question that would probably best be asked to Cluster himself but is there any possibility of dual booting the NES and SNES Classic OS and set of games on the same console. I am aware that you can use Retroarch (and we might actually need to have a separate forum for purist that want to use just Nintendo's emulation software) but I'd love to have one console that can boot both systems.

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's temporary - remove the hsqs file and it will boot into the onboard flash.

Reactions: tqhoang

emilio99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**UPDATE 10-9-17** (As promised, gonna do my best to get v2.5 (If you do not know what v2.5 is, or have never even heard of v1, feel free to message me:) posted before I go to sleep tonight. It will include very limited Sega CD Support, as in just a few games for you all to play with. And, it will be deemed WIP BETA v2.5! This means, probably by next weekend, I will repost with an Updated v.2.5 that should be of more Official Proportions, as in 95 percent Sega CD, Full & Ripped, and several other things I am finishing up, that I will not include in this WIP Beta v2.5. Obviously, I do not want to keep everyone waiting. So, this is the best thing I could do to appease you all:) My previous Sega CD Set has been "destroyed", as I have made it infinitely better, and all games are drastically reduced in size with the work I have been doing with each and every one of them! You will have ability to run over 50+ additional ones that would have never worked with the "previous" compression I have used. This is gonna be awesome for you all! So, Hoping, without further ado, I can get it posted tonight, in WIP BETA format. Then, I can do some Updates, Fixes, etc, and do the real deal next weekend! Thanks Guys & Gals!

Thanks for your awesome pack & work! One question regarding prboom: how do i used it? I installed this mod, then from the info:

The following image is required for this core to work properly:
prboom.wad

Available executables and arguments:
- /bin/wad <rom> <clover_args>

So I installed prboom.wad and doom.wad
Both did not start?!

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think info for the game Out Of This World needs to be changed on the compatibility list.
This is the current listing:
367 Out of This World Game Region: US Status: Working Compressed: Yes
However, I've checked the same game on the SNESC using Canoe against SNES9X v1.53 (Windows) and the actual game on an original SNES and I can tell you that when playing it on the Canoe emulator there is some missing sounds, most notably most of the music that plays during the intro cut scene. Besides that the game seems to run fine.

Silvor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think info for the game Out Of This World needs to be changed on the compatibility list.
This is the current listing:
367 Out of This World Game Region: US Status: Working Compressed: Yes
However, I've checked the same game on the SNESC using Canoe against SNES9X v1.53 (Windows) and the actual game on an original SNES and I can tell you that when playing it on the Canoe emulator there is some missing sounds, most notably most of the music that plays during the intro cut scene. Besides that the game seems to run fine.
Thanks for checking this, was this a US rom?
Anybody else experienced this?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your awesome pack & work! One question regarding prboom: how do i used it? I installed this mod, then from the info:

The following image is required for this core to work properly:
prboom.wad

Available executables and arguments:
- /bin/wad <rom> <clover_args>

So I installed prboom.wad and doom.wad
Both did not start?!

After installing Doom Wad as a source file, you need to go into that directory and copy the prboom.wad into the folder, as it is a dependency to run it...

Video of this in action...

Reactions: emilio99

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
OK so have about 8 games and getting c8 error. Will want to remove some games and add some games and have a folder. Do you have to go back to stock kernel then reflash hakchi?

Do get rid of c8 error you either have a page or folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge