Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's based on the NAND Chip, Mine is the same as yours (5296e64818bf2d1dbdc6b594f3eefd17). There's more than 1 just like with the NES Classic.

Agree, but they are distinctly different versions, with upgrades to different core components. The actual behavior between the two NES releases is visibly different with additional features in the later release.

There's now at least two (the other is v2.0.13), which I'm keenly interest in seeing.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm doing something wrong... I used the Python Script, followed directions to a T, and still do not see my game pop up in the menu, or the others disappear...
Make sure the folder name, the "CLV-P-XXXXX" is the same name as the files inside of it.

Reactions: shinrukus

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the folder name, the "CLV-P-XXXXX" is the same name as the files inside of it.

I did that, using CLV-P-CTRIG, and named all the files that (plus the one with _small), fixed everything in the .desktop file to match Chrono Trigger, and I'm still not getting anything. It wont show up in the picker, and all the other games are still in tact

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just reflashed my original Kernel, and now im deleting it to get a new custom Kernel, then im gonna try this again

The other games show up? Have you copied them from "/usr/share/games" to "/var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/games" ?

I tried that last night, thinking I had it, but Chrono Trigger still doesn't show up, so then I went back and tried uninstalling hakchi and then reflashing, only putting in the CLV-P-CTRIG and I get nothing. I am waiting on the new CK to finish uploading, then im gonna put trigger back and see what happens. I had this happen with my NES Mini a long time ago, but that was trying to flash someone elses custom kernel on another system.

The other games show up? Have you copied them from "/usr/share/games" to "/var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/games" ?
I figured it out, it was the box art for Ctrigger....

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
I did that, using CLV-P-CTRIG, and named all the files that (plus the one with _small), fixed everything in the .desktop file to match Chrono Trigger, and I'm still not getting anything. It wont show up in the picker, and all the other games are still in tact

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i love the hakchi 2.18 version from brac.

ntsc patch version from secret of evermore works fine but Terranigma only the logos show then black display.

but i hope there comes a tool to make more easier the sfc to sfrom and not with script

Reactions: LuCraftStudios

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rev2k7 i think your hakchi might be copying the games over twice.

They show up inside Var/ and Usr/ and the original games don't show in Usr/ anymore unless I Sync them to Var/ also using your hakchi, what I'm saying is both Var/ and Usr/ have the same games. I don't think that's meant to be like that

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing to port, it just works :)
It already works but you have to manually edit some stuff via ftp. Currently trying to follow Clusters stream
Wait really? Don't you need the .sfrom for it? Do either of you mind linking me/explaining it?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing to port, it just works :)
You're the guy I wanted to talk to about it haha, care to tell me what to do, so I just copy the modules like NES, but don't we juat have to change some stuff to get save states working etc

Can I grab those scripts please?

Last edited by KongsNutz,

Kasios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello again. I've replaced the castlevania 4 and super ghost and ghost games with other improved versions, but when I run the console I get the original games from the console and not the 2 roms I've tried to replace. What have I been able to do wrong?:unsure:

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, didn't RetroArch work by install its modules, then it was a game in the menu that you started and it was just the RetroArch main menu? So wouldn't we need the sfrom?
No because you edit the command line to point to RetroArch to boot, only need sfrom if using Canoe (inbuilt emu)

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
Wait really? Don't you need the .sfrom for it? Do either of you mind linking me/explaining it?

Your the guy I wanted to talk to about it haha, care to tell me what to do, so I just copy the modules like NES, but don't we juat have to change some stuff to get save states working etc

Like I said, as of now there's no integration with SNES Mini shell, so no savestates and everything else that depends on that.

To get RetroArch running on SNES Mini (without shell integration), you can get the contents of retroarch.hmod, and FTP every file to its respective directory except these files:
/bin/nes
/bin/retroarch-clover
/etc/preinit.d/pe9af_retroarch
/usr/bin/clover-kachikachi
install
readme

After that, get the CloverApp and change the paths in CLV-Z-RARCH.desktop.

If you need complete integration, wait until we figure out canoe-shvc compatibility and all this header stuff.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, as of now there's no integration with SNES Mini shell, so no savestates and everything else that depends on that.

To get RetroArch running on SNES Mini (without shell integration), you can get the contents of retroarch.hmod, and FTP every file to its respective directory except these files:
/bin/nes
/bin/retroarch-clover
/etc/preinit.d/pe9af_retroarch
/usr/bin/clover-kachikachi
install
readme

After that, get the CloverApp and change the paths in CLV-Z-RARCH.desktop.

If you need complete integration, wait until we figure out canoe-shvc compatibility and all this header stuff.
Thanks for that, all I want is save states to work like I saw in clusters stream, he managed to make Lion King work from save state. But I will try RetroArch as is, thanks

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shit all my saves are lost!
there was a archiv symbol and as i open it the mini snes show a error and the system go to fabric settings.
the archiv has the name SEC - YOS and other.

installed are 32 games

Last edited by Liriel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson