Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Fuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why there is a difference in the Cylum 2014 and 2017 list of USA roms? There is something around like 80 less in the 2017 set.

No, but I noticed in the 2017 set some famicom games with English translation don't have the latest patches. I believe Ganbare Goeman and the Mysterious Murasame Castle were a couple of those.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-19-sources-nintendo-to-launch-snes-mini-this-year

Perfect, I'll buy it for museum.

I doubt it has anything new apart from the casing and the remote, the interior will be the same, but now with anti-hakchi2 protection.

You will have less games, hopefully it costs € 59.
As long as the snes controller is compatible with the nes mini I am buying one and will be selling the snes mini with a knockoff Wii controller ;) our nes minis already play snes games..

Reactions: HecklerJH

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck hacking a SNES mini with an AC power supply and a ROM chip with all the greatest SNES hits. That is what probably will happen now.

I have my serious doubts they will release one of these (UNLESS the Swich takes a tumble and Nintendo needs something to ride them through the holidays...remember Mario Odyssey comes out in the fall, so Nintendo will use that as the hype machine to sell more Switches over the holidays). By then Virtual Console will be out for the Switch and Nintendo will want to make its money on classics there.

Now, obviously I would be ecstatic for them to make a SNES Classic and would absolutely buy one at just about any (non scalper) launch price point. I think the look would be cool and I imagine there would be a cool new GUI and music. But I have all the SNES games I need on the NES Classic and I play them with a Wii SNES controller, so it's a fully authentic experience. To me, the value of a potential SNES Classic lies in the fact that they would then be producing SNES controllers. Right now you have to get the Club version from Japan at a premium, as I did. With new, more available (yeah right, who am I kidding there anyway) SNES controllers, we could pair them with our hacked NES Classics and be missing very little.

Last edited by chillmodious,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I have my serious doubts they will release one of these (UNLESS the Swich takes a tumble and Nintendo needs something to ride them through the holidays...remember Mario Odyssey comes out in the fall, so Nintendo will use that as the hype machine to sell more Switches over the holidays). By then Virtual Console will be out for the Switch and Nintendo will want to make its money on classics there.

Now, obviously I would be ecstatic for them to make a SNES Classic and would absolutely buy one at just about any (non scalper) launch price point. I think the look would be cool and I imagine there would be a cool new GUI and music. But I have all the SNES games I need on the NES Classic and I play them with a Wii SNES controller, so it's a fully authentic experience. To me, the value of a potential SNES Classic lies in the fact that they would then be producing SNES controllers. Right now you have to get the Club version from Japan at a premium, as I did. With new, more available (yeah right, who am I kidding there anyway) SNES controllers, we could pair them with our hacked NES Classics and be missing very little.
Agreed.. The Switch is doing incredibly well, these are just rumors which I enjoy ; They probably killed off the mini to make room for the Virtual Console on the Switch. Those Snes controllers would be sweet though...

Reactions: chillmodious

DaveRo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no went back to 2.14b. Have 301/300 flashed. Plus my original 30. Plus my 44 mb of mods. Can't see a reason to take a chance lol

Would deleting save states manually (via NES menu) before deciding to delete a game which was installed using hakchi perform the same function as this new feature of 2.16? Or are save states hanging around regardless?

Last edited by DaveRo,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would deleting save states manually (via NES menu) before deciding to delete a game which was installed using hakchi perform the same function as this new feature of 2.16? Or are save states hanging around regardless?
Well I never save and that problem wouldn't go away. Like I'd have 270/295. Add a game and now it's 280/295. Then try it and take it back off and now have 270/294. And it just keeps going down. So I went back to 2.14b and don't have that issue.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can you pass me the compressed file please?

PS: My theme is Gol-d Nintendo

Puesdes hablarme español si quieres, lo digo por la bandera de México xD

Aargh! Sorry, my bad! I'd missed you with another person. Yes, I just remembered that your theme was the gold one. I'd installed it perfectly with no problem at all.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have Glupen64 and am trying to run Mario Kart N64.
The d pad is not working could someone please kindly tell me how to get it to work.
My control is the 8bitdo wireless control.
Thanks

Neite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
/etc/libretro:
             /core/vice_libretro.so
             /info/vice_libretro.info
/bin:
    /vice
/install
/readme.txt (not necessary)
/bin/vice:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
exec retroarch-clover vice "$@"

IIRC, it was MAME. But seeing that they use CoolCV instead of MESS/MAME, I'd think that MESS isn't capable of running Colecovision too.

I see that its the same files as mess but I don't see how to get the .so or .info file for this. Do I need to build it from the source? I have never done that before.

Thanks again for putting up with me :-)

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we going to be able to add Playstation games at some point?
Already can. I am not your source, but look at the FAQ and also go through the last 100 pages of this post. I say that last part completely seriously. Yes, it sounds daunting and it may take a little time, but it won't take that long and it won't be tedious if you approach it with a desire to learn about the program, how it works, and see how it has progressed. I don't like it when people in a giant thread tell a poster to "just read through the thread and stop asking" their question, so recognize this is not that. I encourage anyone learning about the program to go back and read forward...you'll learn a ton and it's pretty fascinating.

dan_el

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a Famicom Mini but I want it to look like a Nes Mini (even to be a Nes Mini internally if that's possible).

How to do it?

famem.hmod will be the solution? How to use it? Is there another way to do it?

Thanks for your help

rhester72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dan_el

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by dan_el,

Reddata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the main picture settings for the NESC. That can override the RetroArch setting. For example, if I have it set to 4x3, SNES games will start at 4x3, even if I have the settings saved to 1:1.
Hokey smokes, that was it! Thanks for the assist; it was driving me nuts!

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember someone awhile ago zipped all the nes files and used retroarch to run them with a global command. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone remember what page in this "book" of posts it was on?

This was my NES Compression Method:)

Easier compression for NES games!
https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/648uoq/easier_compression_for_nes_games/

I have also taken Compression to a more advanced level.

My current WIP Nes Mini Setup, 2218 Total Games, with room to spare:)
https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassic..._current_wip_nes_mini_setup_2218_total_games/

Last edited by KMFDManic,
Reactions: chillmodious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wbMbMtDBaZo?si=Z3ObLtc4Ez6dUY1b