Country
Russia

Neite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, you download it (Raw —> Save as mess2014_libretro.info) and add it to /etc/libretro/info

Wow. Never done that before but I got it. Thank you pcm720!

So I have added the .so and info files. once the files are renamed do you just add it to user_mods and install like any other one? Is there a script file too?

I understand the /bin/name part to use the core for the game in hakchi. Just want to make sure I did this part right.

Last edited by Neite,

Nuage

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all. I'm lacking some computer knowledge to comprehend the explanation quoted below (on how to add a different filter), written by Tmnt4242. I am using Retroarch on the NES Classic to play snes-, megadrive- and some nes games (that don't work too well on the stock emulator). The retro-v2 shader (combined with bilinear filtering) makes the games look a lot better (imo), but it doesn't really look like a proper crt effect. The scanline.glsl does look great, but for some reason on all games you see some vertical lines coming through on the right side of the screen (covering about 1/4th of the screen). So I wanted to try out crt-nes-mini.glsl, but I'm guessing there isn't an easier way than the explanation below, for computer dummies like me? :D

''Easy guide to using the crt-nes-mini.glsl shader as the default shader for all emulators in retroarch and having it auto enable/disable when switching between the 3 shader menu options on the nes mini.

Note: you will need to use clovershell command lines

1)Open a Command Prompt and navigate to your clovershell
Run --> Cmd ---> cd "clovershell location"
2) Download retroarch-clover file using the command line
clovershell pull "/bin/retroarch-clover" retroarch-clover
3) Open retroarch-clover and remove lines 56 and 57
Allow scanlines only for simple systems
[ "$allow_crt" == "1" ] || crt=0
4) Upload to file to nes mini via clover-shell command:
clovershell push retroarch-clover "/bin/retroarch-clover"
5) Download the original scanline.glsl file using command line:
clovershell pull "/etc/libretro/shaders/scanline.glsl" scanline.glsl
6) Open scanline.glsl and copy code from crt-nes-mini.glsl to files and save
Note: You are going to copy hizzlekizzle's raw code from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hizzlekizzle/glsl-shaders/master/crt/shaders/crt-nes-mini.glsl to the scanline.glsl file
7) Upload scanline.glsl to nes mini using command line:
clovershell push scanline.glsl "/etc/libretro/shaders/scanline.glsl"
8) Change Crop Overscan Option in Videos (Fixes Spacing) Open Retroarch Options --> Settings --> Videos --> Crop Overscan (Reload): ON''

Last edited by Nuage,

sromeroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quiz & Dragons seems to be a CPS1 game....whatever that means. Do I use fb_alpha to run it ?

CPS1 = Yes. Use /bin/fba to run the game (I haven't tested this one though)

FBA will run most "classic" games + "cps1" games.

For cps2, you'll need to install fb_alpha_cps2.hmod and use /bin/cps2 as the executable.

Best regards.

thejamesshow00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the save state importer... that only works with hakchi created files? do we have to use ftp to put web save states in? If only ftp, what folder are they hanging out in?

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the save state importer... that only works with hakchi created files? do we have to use ftp to put web save states in? If only ftp, what folder are they hanging out in?

- It works for all savestates for all emulators which have a savestate function.
- You cannot put directly "web savestates" if you export/import files using haxchi2 manager; haxchi2 manager exports .clvs files; you need to extract .clsv files (GZIP) and edit the content adapting the web savestate to the NES Mini .clsv savestate format. The extracted file is a container for 3 files:
- x.state (real savestate)
- x.state.png (savestate screenshot)
- x.state.time.txt (play time in seconds i suppose)
where "x" is the save slot
- Save states can be also found via FTP at: /var/lib/clover/profiles/0 and they are in the uncompressed 3-files format (see above for file names) so maybe if you want to edit/replace a savestate you will prefere uploading them via ftp.

Tip1: to adapt a "web savestate" to haxchi savestate you need to have a look at how the savestate is built (look at the savestate header with an hex editor).

Tip2: web savestates are DIFFERENT from game saves files ;)

Last edited by asper,

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no went back to 2.14b. Have 301/300 flashed. Plus my original 30. Plus my 44 mb of mods. Can't see a reason to take a chance lol

Are we sure it is really an issue, then? I've heard that the reason for less memory in 2.15 is bc it takes into account all memory (some not accounted for in prior versions) and yields a much more long-term stable NESCE. I'd prefer a few less ROMs and no real risk of a permanent C8 error, if t hat's what versions 2.15, 16 etc. will ensure. What do you think?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we sure it is really an issue, then? I've heard that the reason for less memory in 2.15 is bc it takes into account all memory (some not accounted for in prior versions) and yields a much more long-term stable NESCE. I'd prefer a few less ROMs and no real risk of a permanent C8 error, if t hat's what versions 2.15, 16 etc. will ensure. What do you think?
That's really up to you. Could always try it and see? after going to 2.15 and back to 2.14b and being able to flash what I have and not have errors or problems. If 2.14b was final version It would be perfect to me. I can't go to 2.16 cause it will be just like 2.15.

Reactions: ByteThis

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPS1 = Yes. Use /bin/fba to run the game (I haven't tested this one though)

FBA will run most "classic" games + "cps1" games.

For cps2, you'll need to install fb_alpha_cps2.hmod and use /bin/cps2 as the executable.

Best regards.
I had it use mame2003 and it seems to work....other than I don't have a controller with enough buttons to pick from all four characters.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I never switched over to 2.16 either..am happy with 2.14

Last edited by ByteThis,

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into a problem. Doki Doki Panic, a famicom disk system game, worked at first. After messing with the classic all day, I took it back to my bedroom where it normally will be. I clicked on Doki Doki Panic....and the system froze. Not a big deal, because I can always play the game on my laptop...or Super Mario Bros. 2 on the classic....but it just digs at my nerves.

Also, has anyone else had this same problem ? I can play arcade games just fine....except for Asteroids for some reason. And I can SAVE them just fine. But when I try to load the save, the game will start....but the last sound that was happening when I saved the game will be playing continuously and the characters/sprites will be invisible. Every now and then, the characters will flash so that I can see them....but the game is unplayable. This upsets me more than the famicom disk system game problem. Luckily, most arcade games are short enough that I don't really need to save....but it just bugs me that it's not working the way it's supposed to.

You don't think it's because I added some shaders that are bad and don't work, do you ?

NES games save and play from the saves just fine. Super Nintendo games seem to save just fine. I'm assuming that Genesis games save just fine, but I don't have a controller with enough buttons to play them quite yet.

Any ideas ?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get Asteroids arcade game to work. But it just kicks me back to the menu. Next, I'll try /bin /fba. If that doesn't work, I may try another version of the zip file. The problem is, I don't know which one to use. I went to the archive for the mame 2003 0.78 rom set and there are several that seem to be Asteroids. Or does NES Classic just not do vector games ? Which one is the proper game ?
asteroi1.zip
asteroib.zip
asteroid.zip
asteroid.zip is the last one I've tried, and like I said, that just kicks me back to the main menu.

would using the --retroarch command line help ? Or the /bin/fba command line ?

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get Asteroids arcade game to work. But it just kicks me back to the menu. Next, I'll try /bin /fba. If that doesn't work, I may try another version of the zip file. The problem is, I don't know which one to use. I went to the archive for the mame 2003 0.78 rom set and there are several that seem to be Asteroids. Or does NES Classic just not do vector games ? Which one is the proper game ?
asteroi1.zip
asteroib.zip
asteroid.zip
asteroid.zip is the last one I've tried, and like I said, that just kicks me back to the main menu.

would using the --retroarch command line help ? Or the /bin/fba command line ?

Use asteroid.zip and mame2003

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cps2 can be run on fba also...one less mod to install
will that let me pick which character I want ? Like I said, the game works, I just don't have a controller with enough buttons to allow me to choose characters.....unless I can use my second controller...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM