Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

JaaJaaJaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you Cluster for the great Hakchi2. Is there a way to modify kernel so that you can restart Nes Mini from the control pad (Press start and then some AB combination)? That would be awesome!

orgazmo1009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a fix for the google feature not working? Ive tried hak2.01 2.03 and 2.06 and all of them give me a error when i hit the google button.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you Cluster for the great Hakchi2. Is there a way to modify kernel so that you can restart Nes Mini from the control pad (Press start and then some AB combination)? That would be awesome!

On the 8bitdo nes30 bluetooth pads they put in an option on the pad firmware if you press down and select it resets the console...

www.pocket-lint.com/news/139622-nes-classic-mini-controller-problem-solved-add-this-bluetooth-adapter.amphtml?client=ms-android-orange-gb

...But yeah it would be amazing to have this same feature on the stock official nes pad that comes with the console (I doubt it's possible though)?

Last edited by MrTea,
Reactions: JaaJaaJaa

heron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the 8bitdo nes30 bluetooth pads they put in an option on the pad firmware if you press down and select it resets the console...

www.pocket-lint.com/news/139622-nes-classic-mini-controller-problem-solved-add-this-bluetooth-adapter.amphtml?client=ms-android-orange-gb

...But yeah it would be amazing to have this same feature on the stock official nes pad that comes with the console (I doubt it's possible though)?

My personal setup is an extension cord + wii gamepad pro classic. It has the home button to reset the nes mini. No need to worry about input lag or recharging.

Last edited by heron,
Reactions: 16v

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
Until software update to allow start+select type reset from the nes itself occurs. .I know twitfish clone pads can do it ihave one ..works fine just with one added button
bsQXPEJXy5Nqf9ZFSpn_yfxAnEel2eO9vLrkV4ppukgHRd1XTc0KFwvht71W8KspZpB0ylFlIswl191R1tCIFfdc_T9yad4IhkJ6dWeXAANJzszviXbBvbhi_GbE8ODygk40svTMJtBSJPJI2jLtK5iM4tbhTTdRUYmZlafvjg7RfNLCSnIQec0KyZHWwMGz_nN0CsRbq2HFaNSrYL-uFkUx2arpwfpj1TuBoCRHuXDiHsrOLED2v51Qk5kUJrY7PcZTYs2HdU5k9Z32a94UODCIoks6fjHVWafVOB1xYpVD5vRvYlHY97inYA2go5FPFzlCLhABtpOlpztC_H75CxOHz7tUpij378FxkeFb1cHRndskAWDuur7r0FAjMumDf-ZKdBM6W4D15VipimM4dt4DO0ixbEZyPYqf5AmS-qZjIXwMXdIW5sZWQ7EB3eAOJzpIyTUtEW4OqP4TlZ4y4HxKdaFLB2maSaqFEivkSQRazuBQdfs0gE0PlegPO9QSV1dMLONxjDjGIiO8Uty_kYDG8yBWFb_UtlfxKtyvLsY6POZsAS5z6-A1SPXb2aRH_fga48IcBUIu=s1270-w1270-h595-no

Pad info/amazon at blog
Maybe official can too I haven't opened it yet... but software fix via hakchi2 would be the best idea.

My personal setup is an extension cord + wii gamepad pro classic. It has the home button to reset the nes mini. No need to worry about input lag or recharging.

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
some neat info:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/comments/5n1sn3/the_new_game_countsafe_save_count_list/
Ladies (yeah right) and Gentlemen!

I have continued my work to get you the accurate counts for total game uploads and accompanying save slot counts for your modded NES Classic Edition. Since the previous post, I have a small correction of a +1 offset to the original table. This does not change much, and I'll get to that later.

Here's the big news: It's actually more efficient to hide the original 30 games and re-add them as a part of your mod than to just add to the original 30. I'll let that one sink in...

You read that correct. If you hide the original 30 and add them all back in manually, you can actually safely add MORE games than before.

Here's the old breakdown for keeping the original 30 games visible. The one entry that's been corrected is bolded:

• 4 slots per game: 32
  • 3 slots per game: 39
  • 2 slots per game: 49
  • 1 slot per game: 65
Now, let's say you hide the original 30 games and add your own. Here's what the new breakdown looks like:

• 4 slots per game: 40
  • 3 slots per game: 48
  • 2 slots per game: 60
  • 1 slot per game: 80
If you go 1 or 2 saves over the safe number listed above or in the doc that I'll link below, you'll see the saves occur and probably won't have an issue until you try to do certain things like save beyond that and play a couple different games...or you might get the C8 error on exit.

The reason
u/bottomknob and u/TheYadda were able to have more saves was because both of them had hidden the original 30 games. This led me to running tests on their configurations and getting data that was similar to their experiences.

To see the entire set of tables, check out this Google doc here (note the 2 different tabs at the bottom):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rnasCcCjHmMns7UeQ1iRHTy6zhiTItQWYOXCvStblmI/edit?usp=sharing

(If you're curious...the maximum number of games you can load when hiding the original 30 and still have it start a game safely with the capability to at least save a single game's stuff twice is 120; at 121 you will begin to have C8 errors.)

Edit: Obligatory thanks for the gold!!
cedits to: soulctcher

Last edited by psygho,

Maccarnold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IMG_0559.JPG
Hello.

I am new here and I want to share my experience.
I had version 2.05 and didnt work. I erased it and downloaded version 2.07.
I downloaded de exe version, via 7zip installed it and went to Kernel tab to dump kernel.
It asked me to plug the usb cable and to install. I clicked on install and the process started.
Once finished I went to Kernel tab to flash custom kernel. It finished and asked me now to add games.
I add like 35 games and clicked the synchronized button. Five minutes later it finished and told me about the light on the power button. I then power off the mini ness and unplugged it from the computer.
Finally I plugged to the TV and.....
All 35 games were there! Amazing.
I didn't do anything extraordinary. I didn't have a Mario save or anything. By the way. I just only turn off windows defender.

NeoPolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wow, those updates are great
my megaman serie now have all that missing digits

now to be perfect the onle things missing for me are : a moving game selection menu, it can display only 44 or 45 games, and the ability to select which of the 30 games you want to keep

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Cluster i have dump the Kernel and i flash the Custom Kernel without an error but the nes Mini have no Menu Screen ! It is Black
Are you updated from previous version? Do you replaced all files?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for the great work. I have been a major lurker since the first release of hakchi2 and finally felt comfortable enough to try the softmod last night. I used version 2.05 and had no major problems, except for when I dumped the original kernel and ran zadig (it worked out, but there was a moment when it wasn't especially clear what to do next). Now that I got it to work and have flashed successfully a few times, I am very hesitant to touch any of the files for fear of screwing something up...but I would also like to utilize the font improvement in the latest version. So my question is what specific "files of old version" am I replacing? For example, do I Just unzip the latest version to a new location and then manually replace the hakchi2.exe file, or are there other files to replace as well? A more detailed update procedure would really help put my mind at rest.
You need to replace all files. It's important.

Maybe i didn't read everything but is it possible to upload/install the original FDS Doki Doki Panic and/or Metroid FDS ?
Yes, they working fine.

Transferred worked perfect! However, my cousin has an NES as well and would like to transfer games using my PC. Will there be any issues?
Should work without problems if you will manuallu install custom kernel. But it's better to use another copy of hakchi2. You can copy games folder to not add all games again.

you can always factory reset, no bricks in this whole thread.
Factory reset will not restore original kernel and will not delete games. But it can be used to erase savestates from deleted games.

Reactions: Sev501 and MontyQ

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Cluster:
Iam using (early) version 2.02, and i want to use the latest version 2.07. (fds support + chracter set)
How can u update? Or is it smarter to flash Original kernel back with version 2.02 , and redo all steps in version 2.07 ?

Thank you!

MajorTokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope everyone here has considered donating to @Cluster for not only making this great tool, but for also updating it and helping users in this thread. He deserves it. even a dollar helps

Reactions: Cluster

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Cluster:
Iam using (early) version 2.02, and i want to use the latest version 2.07. (fds support + chracter set)
How can u update? Or is it smarter to flash Original kernel back with version 2.02 , and redo all steps in version 2.07 ?

Thank you!
You can just replace all files in old version by new one. Or just unpack new version and copy "dump" and "games" folder from old one.
I really need to write FAQ.

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you! How can i donate you some dollars ?
Edit: Found it in the "about"

EDIT 2:
@Cluster:

Just copied the mentioned maps to new version.
i supose i have to edit the Config File ??

CustomFlashed=True

Any other edits in Config file ?

Last edited by psygho,

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YES !!!
I did it, i tried it with Doki Doki Panic, and it runs...it is missing it's intro but it is running, WOW, thank you so much, this went SOOO easy, i am going for the 2nd round and install 2 games now !!!

EDIT:
I have installed two more games, one being Bubble Bobble 2, and the other BurgerTime, the last one plays but when you die, the screen is black, but the game still plays, maybe a faulty rom

Last edited by Mad-Mega,

Jiminy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even with 2.07 version it still is stuck on 'waiting for nes'. it installs the driver fine but then nothing ever happens after that. when i go to 'flash custom kernel' it says no dump found. so for some reason despite having the driver installed and the nes in FEL mode, nothing is dumping while the nes is plugged into the computer. is it an issue with the computer? i am using windows 7. should i try using mac OS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1