Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Invierno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Just added FDS support, version 2.05.
FDS BIOS not required, it's already present in NES Mini :)

This means that we have to flash custom kernel again? Or its just a "pc side" change?

Super Mario Bros 2 japan should now work without the mmc3 hack???

Chux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So FDS support, what does this mean? Better sounding Zelda, or is this more of games that were different/only on FDS?

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This means that we have to flash custom kernel again? Or its just a "pc side" change?

Super Mario Bros 2 japan should now work without the mmc3 hack???
Actually you don't need to flash custom again. But after update app will not remember that you already flashed it. So I'm storing settings in "config.ini" now.
But you can flash custom again without any problems. Or just set "CustomFlashed" in config.ini to "true".
Yes, Super Mario Bros 2 will work :) And other .fds ROMs too.

So FDS support, what does this mean? Better sounding Zelda, or is this more of games that were different/only on FDS?
It means that you can add .fds ROMs now.

Reactions: Invierno

KmanSweden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone with issues should try REINSTALLING THE DRIVER. Only one person tried it (successfully) after I fixed my own flashing issues 4 or 5 pages ago..

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If you mean the FDS, it's already in the Famicom.

If you mean if his hackchi2 works on the Famicom mini, a couple posters here have tried it and it works :)
Found that post on the old page.
It has an issue on Famicom Mini Kernel Checksum and requires flashing it at your own risk.
It's no problem with experienced users but it will scare noobs.

Anyway, glad to see it can be worked on Famicom Mini because it's cheaper than NES Mini here.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Chux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid works fine, has the synth music too.
What a wonderful few days this has been.

azareth012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just added FDS support, version 2.05.
FDS BIOS not required, it's already present in NES Mini :)

I need somebody with LED bug and UART cable soldered to NES Mini. I need console output, maybe there is simple error while script executing.

I made a video explaining the problem of led with notes (see on PC so that they appear, on cell phones do not appear) please look at it, maybe it will help you to solve the problem, my English is not very good, thank you !!

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I made a video explaining the problem of led with notes (see on PC so that they appear, on cell phones do not appear) please look at it, maybe it will help you to solve the problem, my English is not very good, thank you !!

I need UART output to solve problem :(
My english it bad too as you can see.

Btw, feel free to send me reports about my engrish in hakchi2. I'm sure that there are many mistakes/typos in english version.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Code:
root@CLOVER:/# /usr/bin/clover-kachikachi --help
+ export MALI_NOCLEAR=1
+ exec kachikachi --fullscreen --sync-guest-with-host --fds-initial-disk-insert-on-keypress --fds-auto-disk-side-switch --fds-disable-host-guest-sync-on-disk-op --keep-aspect-ratio --help
Core needs an UTF-8 C locale, we set it to "en_US.UTF-8" instead of "C".
This is a global side-effect and is subject to change, please don't rely on this.
Kachikachi - v28.0.20160804.dev
===============================
Kachikachi
==========
--help, -h                                                       Print usage and exit.
--command=<file>                                                 Use file as the contents of the command line (one arg per line).
--log=<file>                                                     Log to file instead of stdout. Defaults to stdout
--ask, -a                                                        Ask for a rom and execute it.
--scale=<1..16>                                                  Specify the initial scale of the window.
--topmost                                                        Do not put window topmost.
--fullscreen                                                     Enable full screen display.
--keep-aspect-ratio                                              Stretch the display while keeping the correct aspect ratio. (default)
--stretch                                                        Stretch the display to the maximum size available.
--pixel-perfect                                                  Stretch source pixels while keeping an integer target size.
--mute                                                           Start ROM with mute sound.
--pause-on-lost-focus                                            Pause the emulator when the window loses focus.
--dont-show-debug-infos                                          Disable debug display on screen.
--sync-guest-with-wall                                           Synchronize emulation with wall time.
--sync-guest-with-host                                           Synchronize emulation with host.
--sync-guest-none                                                Don't synchronize emulation, run as fast as possible.
--load-state-slot=<index>, -lss<index>                           Load save state by index.
--load-state-file=<filename>, -lsf<filename>                     Load save state by filename.
--delete-after-load                                              Delete save state after a successful load.
--dim-screen-after=<s>                                           Dim screen after <s> seconds of inactivity.
--volume=<0..100>                                                Set sound volume (default: 100).
--nes-version=[ntsc|pal]                                         Specify the NES version (default is NTSC).
--graphic-filter=<index/name>                                    Specify the graphic filter (refer to code for values).
--mem-init-pattern=[zero|type_1|type_0]                          Memory initialization pattern.
--fds-auto-disk-side-switch                                      Automatic disk side switch detection
--fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress                          When a disk side switch is detected, only insert the other disk side on the next keypress
--fds-initial-disk-insert-delay=<value in frame count>           Set initial disk insertion delay
--fds-initial-disk-insert-on-keypress                            Initial disk insertion on keypress
--fds-bios-file-name=<fds bios file name>                        Specify bios file to load (default to fds_bios.bin)
--fds-disable-host-guest-sync-on-disk-op                         disable host/guest synchronization during disk operation
--fds-disk-switch-side-delay=<delay in frames>                   Delay in frames between disk ejection and insertion
--delete-previous-record,                                        Delete previous input records (if it exists).
--record-inputs=<filename>,                                      Start or resume the specified input capture.
--replay-inputs=<filename>,                                      Replay the specified input capture and exit.
--input-record-checkpoint-period=<period>,                       Save checkpoints during input recording at the specified period, in number of guest frames.
--input-record-exit-frame=<frame>,                               Save a checkpoint during input recording at the specified guest frame and exit.
--input-record-cache=<directory>,                                Enable checkpoint cache during input recording and set its path the specified directory.
--input-replay-screenshot-period=<period>,                       Take guest screenshots during input replay at the specified period, in number of guest frames.
--input-replay-screenshot-path=<path>,                           The path where replay auto-screenshots will be saved.
--input-replay-screenshot-to-stdout,                             Put the screenshot to stdout (works only with build that have no other outputs.
--input-capture-cut-path=<directory>,                            Set the directory where input capture cuts will be saved.
--input-replay-print-total-duration,                             Print the duration of the input replay.
--save-data-backing-file=<filename>                              Use the specified file for save data (SRAM or FDS writes), specifying an empty filename disable save data management.
--save-on-quit=<filename>                                        Save state to the desired location on quit event.
--save-screenshot-on-quit=<filename>                             Save screenshot to the desired location on quit event.
--enable-crt-scanlines, -sc                                      Enable CRT-like scanlines.
--enable-armet                                                   Enable Armet filter.
--armet-threshold=<t>                                            Armet Detection Threshold (default is 20).
--set-dac-filters=[APU_FDS_14kHz|APU_14kHz_FDS_2kHz|none]        Set DAC filters (default: APU_FDS_14kHz).
--guest-overscan-dimensions=<l,r,t,b>                            Set the number of black PPU pixels on the four screen borders.
--initial-fadein-durations=<t0,t1>                               Set the initial fadein durations in 1/10 of seconds. t0=blackscreen duration, t1=fadein duration.
--ppu-palette=<index/name>                                       Specify the PPU palette (refer to code for values).
--ppu-palette-file=<filename>                                    Specify the .pal palette file.
But many of them are not working for some reason.
Neat! What are the chances of someone replacing "/usr/bin/clover-kachikachi" executable with an ARM build of the FCEU NES emulator?

Reactions: mooglazer

potus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey it says failed to read from pipeline whenever I try to dump the kernel, it is in REL mode and I have tried 3 usb ports on my pc. What do I do?

I was having same problems. Try unzipping hakchi2 freshly, ensure firewall/defender is off in System Control Panels. And make sure your not over-holding the reset button.. that was my problem all last night.. After each step Turn off Power, Unplug, repeat.... The software worked flawlessly when used in manor alike the above video. .... Also try one rom first!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also