Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a simple and seemingly obvious question, but is there a way to add more games to my USB without having to rewrite the entire contents to USB every time? (I.e I have PSX games but add one NES, need to wait for every PSX game to copy over again) Thanks!

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a simple and seemingly obvious question, but is there a way to add more games to my USB without having to rewrite the entire contents to USB every time? (I.e I have PSX games but add one NES, need to wait for every PSX game to copy over again) Thanks!
Not conventionally no. What I do is just copy the CLV folders that hakchi makes and manually copy and paste them over.

Last edited by PPlays,
Reactions: LuigiXL

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FF8 in multiboot does not work
you have to make 1 CD each time then create a multiboot of 3CD maximum and make a single CD for CD4

Trying to understand, eboot for 4 cd doesn't work for FF8. If I tried eboot for first 3 cd and separate for 4th cd will be fine?

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
psx games on nes???

zeomax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FF8 in multiboot does not work
you have to make 1 CD each time then create a multiboot of 3CD maximum and make a single CD for CD4
This way you can not play the game after the third CD because the fourth CD will be treated like a different game and you can not load the save file from the third CD.

alucard733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Trying to understand, eboot for 4 cd doesn't work for FF8. If I tried eboot for first 3 cd and separate for 4th cd will be fine?
yes, I try like that and the game works, will understand why with 4 cd he does not want to work while others it works like FFIX.
This way you can not play the game after the third CD because the fourth CD will be treated like a different game and you can not load the save file from the third CD.
luckily have backup at the end of each cd, just copy paste the backup folder that corresponds to the game of 3cd and rename with the id of cd 4

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, I try like that and the game works, will understand why with 4 cd he does not want to work while others it works like FFIX.

This is what I need for now until I find a better solution.

If it finds the 4th cd, can you locate manually in retroarch? I think there is an option there to eject the cd and locate the new cd--- not sure how to test it though...

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If it finds the 4th cd, can you locate manually in retroarch? I think there is an option there to eject the cd and locate the new cd--- not sure how to test it though...
Did you see KMDFManic's response for you?

For FFVIII, make a txt file on your computer, rename it to eboot.pbp Make sure your computer shows hidden extensions. Add that fake eboot, normally. Afterwards, overwrite it in the directory with the 2gb plus FFVIII one.

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

For FFVIII, make a txt file on your computer, rename it to eboot.pbp Make sure your computer shows hidden extensions. Add that fake eboot, normally. Afterwards, overwrite it in the directory with the 2gb plus FFVIII one.

Yes, here is my response to him...

Thanks for your reply!

- Yes that make sense! Can't remember if I played Arcade before so Simulation it is :)

- Ok that's what I did but the game is just getting black screen then exiting for few sec. I will try an alternative if there is

So far FF8 and Tomb Raider (hangs on game start / black screen) are having a problem

I tried 3 different versions for roms without any luck.

EBOOT for 3 cds is actually working... so I just manual copy the last cd so maybe I can change manually in the future.

Have you tried it yourself? I'm probably newb at this PSX emulation so I might be doing something wrong here.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, here is my response to him...

I tried 3 different versions for roms without any luck.

EBOOT for 3 cds is actually working... so I just manual copy the last cd so maybe I can change manually in the future.

Have you tried it yourself? I'm probably newb at this PSX emulation so I might be doing something wrong here.
I've done it with FFVII but not VIII. There's another option for disk append in that same menu where you cycle the tray.

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've done it with FFVII but not VIII. There's another option for disk append in that same menu where you cycle the tray.

Yes that's what I meant in my posted earlier...

If I append the disk, how do I save the config for that game? or can I not?

Looks like this is the best solution for now.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's what I meant in my posted earlier...

If I append the disk, how do I save the config for that game? or can I not?

Looks like this is the best solution for now.
I'll try and mess with it tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

alucard733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

the problem is not to make a .txt file and rename it to EBOOT.PBP and then put the game, the real problem is that FFVIII does not launch in eboot 4cd, have returned under the XMB mini snes, while the eboot of 1 cd up to 3cd of FFVIII works but not in 4cd

Pascl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can leave multicd games in bin/cue format, and create a m3u file.
Then you will have to go in disk controls when you need to change cd (end of cd or reloading a save).
Eboot format doesn't work for ff8 because size is over 2GB with 4 cd

lagur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try and mess with it tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

That would be awesome!

You can leave multicd games in bin/cue format, and create a m3u file.
Then you will have to go in disk controls when you need to change cd (end of cd or reloading a save).
Eboot format doesn't work for ff8 because size is over 2GB with 4 cd

I've actually heard about this but never knew they were running in retroarch.

I'm guessing... load your first cd in hakchi, copy 3cds over the new game directory, create m3u, then disk control should handle it properly?

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How's it going guys!

In canoe, I was having an issue with my ds4 controller where Cross was mapped to B and Circle to A.

So, I made a vid on how to remap canoe inputs:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not conventionally no. What I do is just copy the CLV folders that hakchi makes and manually copy and paste them over.

Put hakchi2 CE with all your games on the USB. Use Linked Export in hakchi2 CE. That only creates dekstop files when syncing that are like 1kb each in size. Syncing takes a few seconds rather than minutes, hours, when syncing 500gb+ of games.

Last edited by Advokaten,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Nvm it's too awkward