Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did. The embargo for the revised units was lifted today. The emulation doesn’t seem too bad at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The novelty of it appeals to me. I wouldn’t mind having one of these sitting next to my SNES and NES Classic. Too bad they couldn’t shrink it a bit further to have it more in scale with those two.

Sure, I like gadgets too. But porting something like Hakchi on a widespread and much sold device to something thats having a small userbase isn't really something worth doing. Want Hakchi, use a (S)NES mini ;-)

Th3one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just merged NESC/SNESC Cores together, so they work with both systems. You need Hakchi 2.20 and up for them to properly adjust:) But, I have been testing them, and they are all working awesome! Only 2 cores cannot be installed on SNESC, the NESC Filter Hack, and the RetroArch Extreme NESC

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/tree/Releases
Do i need to dowbload with computer?. I click the link and got to the file but I can't download I tried to click on everything it just not downloading. It says file is to show.

Edit. I had to switch to desktop mode to download once I did I got the download file

Last edited by Th3one,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok to my I understanding the retroarch file are together now 1 for 2 systems. I still have to install my cores again correct

Yes, I put Cluster's Code in, so that it has my updates, and his, as well. So, you are up to date on the Cores, and can use them for both NESC/SNESC:) Just so long as you are using new Hakchi2 versions! I tested with both my NESC/SNESC with all cores, successfully.

Dayardie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry if asked before - if I am doing multiple SNES mini - whats the best way to reset for the next one as Hakchi caches last uploads? Also is kernel is specific for that SNES or should I back kernel or each SNES individualy (again would this be overwritten each time)
Bump

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks that bit I get - but I mean the list of games uploaded how do I reset as it keeps the ones I already uploaded.

Selecting from Hakchi, a different list of games will replace the ones on the system, when you flash.

Is it still required to restore stock kernel before flashing custom? Or can we just simply flash the custom?

Kernel Stock is only used when uninstalling hakchi2, or dumping for the first time.

Reactions: the_randomizer

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP :P (the read-me is not very descriptive regarding this)

I removed the no-saves from my set. But, they basically blocked saves from being made on the NESC/SNESC. You can use save state manager and system restore the NESC/SNESC to wipe saves, so they are not really important, anymore.

So when I dump kernel for each console does it overwrite old one or should I make manual copy of each one 1st?

You can use the same kernel, and safely ignore md5 hash checksum error, unless you are worried about having the designated Kernel for each given system. In that case, you'd need to make a backup, and keep track. But, I just use a standard Kernel, as they all work just fine.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selecting from Hakchi, a different list of games will replace the ones on the system, when you flash.

Kernel Stock is only used when uninstalling hakchi2, or dumping for the first time.

So that's a yes, then, that's a relief, all we have to do to update is just to connect the device and then flash custom kernel with the new version. Excellent :P

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I dump kernel for each console does it overwrite old one or should I make manual copy of each one 1st?

If worried, make a manual copy, then remove the one you copied, so it can ask for a new dump, which would be designated from that particular system.

MartU

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anyone had any sucess with any N64 games playing well? If so which ones?

There has been some people posting already about it, yes it runs N64 games, I only have Mario64 on my SNES Mini and it is running great! Will test some more soon. But hey just go and install your favorite N64 games and write a post here how well they run!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Screw living in my mom's basement you picked my attic