Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Lion83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2.10: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/tag/2.10

This is tiny update based on recent user requests:

• Press Shift+F5 to update all your ROMs library info using database.
  • Extended font working on Famicom Mini again.
  • Now you can select button combination for reset.
  • Some FDS improvements: correct cover size, automatic header fix, "--fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress" argument by default.
  • 8bit PNG compression is optional now since image quality is not so good.
  • Now you can remove thumbnails at the bottom of screen (via settings menu).
Your the man. But please someone should provide a little information on how to upgrade from the first hack to this?

lasersocks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any fix on the "reset bug?"

Every step still works except the led never turns off and only the original games are there. I have tried just about everything

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Has there been any fix on the "reset bug?"

Every step still works except the led never turns off and only the original games are there. I have tried just about everything
Please download special debug version: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/download/2.10/hakchi2_debug.exe
Do all steps and sync again.

If you still has some problems do the following steps:
- Archive the whole hakchi2 folder back (it should contain "temp" folder and "debuglog.txt" file).
- Send it to me: [email protected]
I'll investigate it

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it would be possible to make it where the center box stays highlighted and as you press left and right the games just move and the one under selection is always in the middle. I think that would be a lot nicer than the highlighted selection moving to the left or right.

Reactions: MontyQ

lasersocks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please download special debug version: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/download/2.10/hakchi2_debug.exe
Do all steps and sync again.

If you still has some problems do the following steps:
- Archive the whole hakchi2 folder back (it should contain "temp" folder and "debuglog.txt" file).
- Send it to me: [email protected]
I'll investigate it

I have no idea what changed, but I started from step 1 over again with the debug version and it worked!!!! I can now add games and the led goes out after a few seconds. I don't know if it was the debug version that changed something (i doubt it) but now the regular 2.10 version works!

Thank you for the good work!

Haoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cluster Thank you so much for what you did and what you keep doing for everyone, world need more people like you.
I waited patiently for the last updates (i still didn't finish the original 30 games anyway) and I think i'll give it a try on this patch ya uploaded today. From what i read (whole 64 pages) it seems very easy to handle & well done, thanks again

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2.10: https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2/releases/tag/2.10

This is tiny update based on recent user requests:

• Press Shift+F5 to update all your ROMs library info using database.
  • Extended font working on Famicom Mini again.
  • Now you can select button combination for reset.
  • Some FDS improvements: correct cover size, automatic header fix, "--fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress" argument by default.
  • 8bit PNG compression is optional now since image quality is not so good.
  • Now you can remove thumbnails at the bottom of screen (via settings menu).

@Cluster Thanks for the update, if I use Extended Font on the Famicom Mini, all the Japanese font disappear though, so I don't use it and end up missing W, j, 4, 5, 6... Probably some other stuff too that I didn't notice. I do chuckle a little every time I read Nina Ryukenden II instead of Ninja Ryukenden II. :P

Last edited by DbD,
Reactions: MelonGx

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Cluster Thanks for the update, if I use Extended Font on the Famicom Mini, all the Japanese font disappear though, so I don't use it and end up missing W, j, 4, 5, 6... Probably some other stuff too that I didn't notice. I do chuckle a little every time I read Nina Ryukenden II instead of Ninja Ryukenden II. :P
I need some help to create custom font for Famicom Mini...

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need some help to create custom font for Famicom Mini...

@Cluster What help do you need? I'm not really familiar with Japanese, nor am I good with any programming but if it's something I can do, I'm willing to lend a hand, you already did so much for us.

Last edited by DbD,

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Cluster What help do you need? I'm not really familiar with Japanese, nor am I good with any programming but if it's something I can do, I'm willing to lend a hand, you already did so much for us.
Need to understand which characters need to add. It will be better if somebody will extract font from Famicom.

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work @Cluster !! I will test it out this afternoon, I'm starting to think 120 games is the maximum u can safely run without running into errors and realistically 115 or so to allow for a couple of saves here and there for those of us that dont care about having save states for dozens of games simultaneously. I am also curious about the roms that combine 11 mapper 0 games into 1 rom. this might be a way to squeeze another 20 games onto the system without errrors...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: luke try not to say "for instance" or "etc." in a post challenge, level impossible