Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thinking someone with more experience than I should start another official thread once @Cluster and the gang get this going in earnest, so darn exciting!

I have my list of games I'd like to add, it's at about 130 (all SNES)

I wonder though if the new rewind feature on the save states will drastically affect the usable memory for the system

It,s not much, I seriously don't see any use of that rewind feature, even more when you can only rewind back off of save states, it's only like 10 seconds. I'm sure it'll be more useful when hakchi allows us to rewind with the touch of a button combination on controller 2. (something like that)

TxFxL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It,s not much, I seriously don't see any use of that rewind feature, even more when you can only rewind back off of save states, it's only like 10 seconds. I'm sure it'll be more useful when hakchi allows us to rewind with the touch of a button combination on controller 2. (something like that)

I meant that it would up the save state size which, could impact overall usable memory, as you say hopefully it isn't that much

In a perfect world I'd like to have 150 games (with the preloaded ones included) and have the ability (though I'd never use it) to have 4 save states for each one, that way there would be little to no chance of the system shutting down based on memory usage

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to fork out an extra 20 GBP since the original ETA was Oct 6th, I was like, "Lol nope" yeah, DHL said Monday as well. I'm not very patient though, I may try to
get another at midnight, IDK yet though.
Gotta get a US one to complete the collection .... unless you want a JP one too.

Now I feel like an idiot shelling out $80 for SNES/Wii classic controllers for my NESC. I basically got two more free with longer cords.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta get a US one to complete the collection .... unless you want a JP one too.

Now I feel like an idiot shelling out $80 for SNES/Wii classic controllers for my NESC. I basically got two more free with longer cords.

Ah, you were lucky to get one in the US, Amazon and Best Buy were both idiots and never sent me an email notification. I'm still bitter about that, but at least I'm getting a EU one (pretty lame there's no AC adapter),
As for the stores here, Walmart here is doing a midnight launch, not sure on other stores.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a US one yet, just UK. Since I have one safely on the way, I'm not going to bother with midnight or opening craziness, even though it sounds like stores are getting 50-ish consoles. I'll stalk Amazon Prime Now for one. I got a NESC that way.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a US one yet, just UK. Since I have one safely on the way, I'm not going to bother with midnight or opening craziness, even though it sounds like stores are getting 50-ish consoles. I'll stalk Amazon Prime Now for one. I got a NESC that way.

Is there even a URL for Amazon Prime owners to find one? The one that was used for the official preorder on Amazon US is nonexistent.

Fr0gg0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had to fork out an extra 20 GBP since the original ETA was Oct 6th, I was like, "Lol nope" yeah, DHL said Monday as well. I'm not very patient though, I may try to
get another at midnight, IDK yet though.

And in Sweden the retail price is 130 GBP, how about that? I don't know what happened with the prices here, it's so cheap everywhere else. It's like the ones controlling the prices thought "Let's make some money on the side".

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And in Sweden the retail price is 130 GBP, how about that? I don't know what happened with the prices here, it's so cheap everywhere else. It's like the ones controlling the prices thought "Let's make some money on the side".

I would just as soon try to spite that by importing one from another site.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there even a URL for Amazon Prime owners to find one? The one that was used for the official preorder on Amazon US is nonexistent.
https://primenow.amazon.com/

First, you have to be a Prime member. Second, type in your ZIP code. The system actually has to be available for immediate delivery in your area for it to be visible on Prime Now. If it is available in their distribution center close to your ZIP, you will see it as available. Then someone will deliver it to your door within a couple hours in a paper grocery bag.

I live in the SF Bay Area, and had a problem where the NESC was available in the North Bay, but not the South Bay. I had to ship it to family for the order to go through.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://primenow.amazon.com/

First, you have to be a Prime member. Second, type in your ZIP code. The system actually has to be available for immediate delivery in your area for it to be visible on Prime Now. If it is available in their distribution center close to your ZIP, you will see it as available. Then someone will deliver it to your door within a couple hours in a paper grocery bag.

I live in the SF Bay Area, and had a problem where the NESC was available in the North Bay, but not the South Bay. I had to ship it to family for the order to go through.

Well that's a kick to the crotch, the don't delivery to my area yet. Laaaaaame.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How.. just how?
When the Amazon UK posting first went up in June, that was the price. I however did not mention the 22 GBP for expedited shipping. Total with shipping is 80 GBP.

I expected the 58 GBP price to be a mistake that would get fixed upward. Nope!

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the Amazon UK posting first went up in June, that was the price. I however did not mention the 22 GBP for expedited shipping. Total with shipping is 80 GBP.

I expected the 58 GBP price to be a mistake that would get fixed upward. Nope!

Not to say it isn't a good price, but you're basically saving a little over $2. Not to mention the expedited shipping charge. Tax is only 7% here. 80 GBP is way too expensive for me. I'll try to get mine for $80 + tax tomorrow morning.

PS 80 GBP = $107.54 USD

Last edited by evilvoice,

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to say it isn't a good price, but you're basically saving a little over $2. Not to mention the expedited shipping charge. Tax is only 7% here. 80 GBP is way too expensive for me. I'll try to get mine for $80 + tax tomorrow morning.
Spending more, actually. 80GBP comes out to $120. I would do what you're doing too, but I wanted the EU version.

evilvoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spending more, actually. 80GBP comes out to $120. I would do what you're doing too, but I wanted the EU version.

Yea, I like the look of the EU version, just not enough to pay that much extra for it lol. Plus, I grew up with the US version. IF I find A UK version closer to the US price, I may bite, but otherwise, I'm okay with the US version. Supposedly there won't be a shortage.

Walmart near me says they have over 50 and they'll sell them at 7am. The nes had way less than that if I remember.

WillieG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this work just like on NES
Mostly. While much of the user interface is the same as the NES there are a few differences (e.g. going back to the game menu).

The physical controller port is the same (which is good since I bought extension cords for the NES Mini controllers).

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the mini snes cost in germany between 99 (116$) and 119Euro (140$)!
some company make it in the last days expensiver.

80GBP is cheaper ^^

Last edited by Liriel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1