Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

hanslip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I update to newer versions of Hakchi2 all my 580 games are unselected in the gamelist, do I have to select the games one by one again or can I select all games at once?
Search in the menu Man...

Envoyé de mon ONE A2001 en utilisant Tapatalk

DaveRo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the snes9x2005 core instead
Thanks! Really appreciate the tip.
So it sounds like it is a case of choose which version of the core to suit your choice of games.. rather than one version being 'better' than the other. Or a bit of both.
?!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1: snes2005 core works well with kirbys dreamland.
2: best controller, is imho a retro reciever with wii u pro controller. wireless lag free gaming. With al the button you need!
Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

d0rks0ul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
bgcprm.jpg

PSA: NES Classic Edition new stock has a revised BOX (!) HW change?!
http://piper2381.blogspot.ca/2017/04/nes-classic-edition-box-variation.html

Can anyone with a V2 NES CLASSIC box confirm it's still hackable???

Im testing now and it isnt looking good. It lets you dump the kernel and flash the custom kernel but it isnt loading games. Hoping its something I am doing wrong.

I have done this almost 100 times. So I am thinking its something else.

EDIT:

So I tested 2.16 and 2.15. Wouldnt load the games.

Luckily 2.14b works.
I was afraid we would have to go back to loading in FEL mode again.

@Cluster. Let me know if I can help with debug logs or anything.

Can other ppl with v2 box plz test and confirm? thx

Last edited by d0rks0ul,

sostark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently operating on 2.14b with a lot of games--probably more than I will ever get to--a good number of saved states and snes2005 for all my SNES needs. Reading a few posts I saw that there might be an update of 2010 with better graphics/higher res, but it sounds like DKC 1, 2, 3 and the DKC 2 hacks are better off using 2005 anyway (ala Kirby and Super Mario RPG), so I probably wont mess with that (plus I had issues using save states jumping back and forth).

My question is should i upgrade to 2.16? It seems daunting like I would probably have to relearn and reconfigure everything all over again (also might lose save states?) but I'm wondering if it would be that much better? I have had freezes before (shut down in the middle of play) but it isn't a regular occurrence. I assume as I add more save states this might happen more often keeping with 2.14. Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Reactions: mamalira

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I update to newer versions of Hakchi2 all my 580 games are unselected in the gamelist, do I have to select the games one by one again or can I select all games at once?

Copy your config folder from old hakchi2 over to new hakchi2. Let both files overwrite the new ones. Close and reopen hakchi to be where you were before in previous version.

Last edited by KMFDManic,

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
Just recently did one for someone which was bought in UK in march/april (box won't have esrb like US ones so not sure on box alone) and that worked fine ? I hope they [ninty] don't try and scupper the likes of madmonkey /clusterrs hacks

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently operating on 2.14b with a lot of games--probably more than I will ever get to--a good number of saved states and snes2005 for all my SNES needs. Reading a few posts I saw that there might be an update of 2010 with better graphics/higher res, but it sounds like DKC 1, 2, 3 and the DKC 2 hacks are better off using 2005 anyway (ala Kirby and Super Mario RPG), so I probably wont mess with that (plus I had issues using save states jumping back and forth).

My question is should i upgrade to 2.16? It seems daunting like I would probably have to relearn and reconfigure everything all over again (also might lose save states?) but I'm wondering if it would be that much better? I have had freezes before (shut down in the middle of play) but it isn't a regular occurrence. I assume as I add more save states this might happen more often keeping with 2.14. Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Best time to upgrade would be even save states are not pertinent. You have to jump through a hoop or two to be able to use both snes05 and snes10 simultaneously without conflict. Saves will stay, as they get wiped by factory reset on the mini, itself. If you do choose to upgrade, I would at least hold off on installing 2010, until you are ok on saves, 2005 wise. Installing 2010 will make all snes revert to 2010 core, unless you do a special workaround.

Reactions: sostark

sostark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best time to upgrade would be even save states are not pertinent. You have to jump through a hoop or two to be able to use both snes05 and snes10 simultaneously without conflict. Saves will stay, as they get wiped by factory reset on the mini, itself. If you do choose to upgrade, I would at least hold off on installing 2010, until you are ok on saves, 2005 wise. Installing 2010 will make all snes revert to 2010 core, unless you do a special workaround.
Thanks--I think I'm gonna stick to my current operating system then, unless someone comes fourth as says I'm missing out on really great features/enhancements

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks--I think I'm gonna stick to my current operating system then, unless someone comes fourth as says I'm missing out on really great features/enhancements

Main difference is memory issues in 2.14 that are pretty cleaned up by 2.16. I did extensive testing on these perimeters. Otherwise, even 2.13e is still fine:)

Reactions: TonyBiH and sostark

TooMuchPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I have the v2 box and can confirm hakchi2 v2.15 works with no issues.

I started with v2.15 have not bumped into any problems other than the occasional C8 errors which I mitigated by removing a few games. I like to have all my games displayed all at once so, not a fan of the folder structure.

Reactions: d0rks0ul

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You could use 2010 and 2005 core at the same time as it is really easy to do. Some games work better on one core than the do on another core. From what I can see dkc series is better on 2010 then 2005 so not sure what you're seeing. There aren't loop holes to get both cores on at same time lol. It's a very simple thing. Have to make one change to get them to both work. Then you can dedicate games to to use whatever core you want.

2.14b is the best

Last edited by youngtune27,

sostark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use 2010 and 2005 core at the same time as it is really easy to do. Some games work better on one core than the do on another core. From what I can see dkc series is better on 2010 then 2005 so not sure what you're seeing. There aren't loop holes to get both cores on at same time lol. It's a very simple thing. Have to make one change to get them to both work. Then you can dedicate games to to use whatever core you want.

2.14b is the best
I'm pretty sure I'm actually using 2.14b. From what I recall 2010 looked better on DKC 1 2 and 3 but there were slower movements at points and the sound was off? Im not sure. Either way, all of it is totally playable as is and I'm a little afraid to jinx my flow (got everything sorted, have music uploaded for the music hack which took me a few tries). I'll probably beat all the games and keep the save states to revisit levels whenever.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the v2 box and can confirm hakchi2 v2.15 works with no issues.

I started with v2.15 have not bumped into any problems other than the occasional C8 errors which I mitigated by removing a few games. I like to have all my games displayed all at once so, not a fan of the folder structure.
That's probably why you ever get c8 errors then. If you put on a ton of games with no folders you're just asking for problems.

I'm pretty sure I'm actually using 2.14b. From what I recall 2010 looked better on DKC 1 2 and 3 but there were slower movements at points and the sound was off? Im not sure. Either way, all of it is totally playable as is and I'm a little afraid to jinx my flow. I'll probably beat all the games and keep the save states to revisit levels whenever.
You can still have your save states with 2010 and 2005. You won't lose them.

sostark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's probably why you ever get c8 errors then. If you put on a ton of games with no folders you're just asking for problems.

You can still have your save states with 2010 and 2005. You won't lose them.
Yes, but when switching the core between one another on certain games the save states were lost--not lost, but wouldn't open--if I had saved the games in the actual games that might not have been an issue

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2.14b is the best

If you are on a 32 bit operating system, 2.14b will not flash past approximately 250mb of games. 2.15 partially fixes that. 2.16 even more so fixes that. My test results showed misreads, that clusterm patched, by applying a read before and after flashes. Ram usage was not optimized well enough in 2.14b for 32 bit os. Mac computers have a lot of trouble running 2.14 and 2.15. But, the fixes applied in 2.16 really help, in that respect. Misreads still occur. But, they are easier to contend with.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but when switching the core between one another on certain games the save states were lost--not lost, but wouldn't open--if I had saved the games in the actual games that might not have been an issue
They are still there. Since both snes cores use same bin name then whichever core you install last will be the one used. So if you have games playing on 2005. And then add in 2010 mod they will start playing on 2010 but won't have your saves from 2005. But you can fix that and make it to where both snes cores can be on at the same time and you will still have your saves and will still work.

If you are on a 32 bit operating system, 2.14b will not flash past approximately 250mb of games. 2.15 partially fixes that. 2.16 even more so fixes that. My test results showed misreads, that clusterm patched, by applying a read before and after flashes. Ram usage was not optimized well enough in 2.14b for 32 bit os. Mac computers have a lot of trouble running 2.14 and 2.15. But, the fixes applied in 2.16 really help, in that respect. Misreads still occur. But, they are easier to contend with.
I'm on 2.14b I have 301/300 flashed. Plus I have the original 30 games and 44 mb in mods installed. so not sure what your talking about with 250? You're wrong

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I'm actually using 2.14b. From what I recall 2010 looked better on DKC 1 2 and 3 but there were slower movements at points and the sound was off? Im not sure. Either way, all of it is totally playable as is and I'm a little afraid to jinx my flow (got everything sorted, have music uploaded for the music hack which took me a few tries). I'll probably beat all the games and keep the save states to revisit levels whenever.

2010, in options, has FX Overclock, which goes a long way to helping FX chip games like F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, etc. The reason 2010 is slower than 2005 is because emulation is more accurate.

They are still there. Since both snes cores use same bin name then whichever core you install last will be the one used. So if you have games playing on 2005. And then add in 2010 mod they will start playing on 2010 but won't have your saves from 2005. But you can fix that and make it to where both snes cores can be on at the same time and you will still have your saves and will still work.

I'm on 2.14b I have 301/300 flashed. Plus I have the original 30 games and 44 mb in mods installed. so not sure what your talking about with 250? You're wrong

I am talking 32 bit operating system. You are obviously on a 64 bit operating system to be able to do 301mb. 32 bit operating systems, lose 50 mb of flash ability, approximate, due to the memory ram optimization bug. One of clusterm's commits was to FIX the ram, so that it could flash at 300 for 32 bit os.

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Search in the menu Man...

Envoyé de mon ONE A2001 en utilisant Tapatalk
Have you ever looked in the menu? There is nothing about selecting all games in the list...

KMFDManic answer that copy config folder worked great, Thanks......

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@maande80

Did you receive that Hori yet?

Not yet, Bro.
I ordered it from Play-asia, checked out and secured that Gold Link battle pad successfully. Two days later, they emailed me, told me that it had sold out, asked me to choose a substitute. The only one left was that Luigi model, so I had to go with that (even though I'm a Mario person). The delivery would took about two weeks, more less. Upon receiving it, you'll be the first one in the world whom I shall inform it to. :D

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You spent months asking for help to get it working? I got it working, just by going into retroarch options, input, and binding key for flip disk. I am thoroughly surprised it took this long for you to have someone find a solution. I find solutions very fast. I can definitely understand your frustration, though. You have had many bearers of bad news, or unworking methods. But, I was not aware of this, since I had JUST seen your post for the first time. So, I had no clue you have been at this for months. When someone has an issue, I offer a suggestion or workaround. Then, I find the solution.

Yes, it does matter. Nestopia plays FDS. FCEUMM doesn't.
you sure about that ? FCEUMM is what I use to play FDS games. Well, I only have one FDS game, Doki Doki Panic, and use FCEUMM to play it.

I think I've just about given up. I've been trying for a couple weeks to get Discs Of Tron to work. It doesn't even load. At first, I was just using mame2003, and it wouldn't load. So, I got the mame2000 core. Wouldn't work either. So, I went and got the matching romset for the specific mame version. Didn't work. I'm going to give it one last try. Sometime today, I'm going to get the Discs Of Tron roms for mame2000 to make sure. But I'm not holding out hope. If push comes to shove, I can always play it on my computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto