Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
  • Run Foreign Retail Wii Discs RegionFree? YES!
How can I do this one?

I live in Latin America and have an European WiiU, and I'd like to get an exploit-compatible game (was thinking of Batman, since Bathaxxx seems to be the easiest and most stable hack around), to install homebrew into vWii.
However, I can't get European Retail Wii games here.

What can I do?
You use the Gecko OS application to run any region discs. But this is after you have installed the exploit. You will have to track down a European copy of one of the exploitable games.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Marionumber1 and Chadderz , thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Will these new exploits allow for Project M-style game mods?

Yes, it could be, but that in a far future, we don't know how the ISOs works, and we need a launcher like Riivolution or a modified gct cheat to load custom files.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Does installing the new update affect the vwii in anyway? I don't want to lose the ability to use homebrew on vwii, i'm not so concerned about the Wii U side.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does this mean that 5.1.1 Wii Us can still be soft-modded then?

If so, as I have a US Wii U does anyone in the UK or Europe fancy lending me the required game to do this? I'd obviously pay postage both ways...

The vWii mode can be hacked, you will be able to use USB Loaders to play Wii games from an external HDD. The Wii U mode, however, cannot be hacked at the current time. But a common user like you and me cannot make any use of the currently available "hacks" for Wii U mode anyway, as these are in a very early stage, and as soon as one of our talented devs around here find a more valuable exploit (kernel exploit) they will search for a new Webkit exploit (this is that one "hack" that exists at the moment, public one anyway, Nintendo fixed the current one with 5.1.1 but the Web Browser is still pretty flawed with bugs that can most probably be used for exploits in the future).

As for the game needed to install the Homebrew Channel on vWii, you can grab Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 22 poudns on amazon

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, I have Brawl already! I thought that a Wii U game was needed.

I would like to enable a hack on Wii U in case it means that doing so will prevent a future update from patching the exploit (if it's already done). I've blocked updates but you never know what might happen.

Lasagna Devil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I managed to get an European Batman used copy, in my own non-european country. :D

Already installed HBC and started following the guides. Thanks a lot!

cassie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so im a complete noob to the wii u- i have a wii but no absolutely nothing about the wii u so bare with me.
i wanted to look up if you were able to do the same thing with the wii u as the wii (create backups of xyz games and play them via usb loader) from what i understand that cant be done (yet)
so my question is whats the point of hacking then currently? is it so that you can play the old wii games on it? can you do that? also i guess my other question is what makes the wiiu better than the wii? if anything (i know it has the handheld screen but that to me isnt really the be all end all...)
is there something im missing?

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so im a complete noob to the wii u- i have a wii but no absolutely nothing about the wii u so bare with me.
i wanted to look up if you were able to do the same thing with the wii u as the wii (create backups of xyz games and play them via usb loader) from what i understand that cant be done (yet)
so my question is whats the point of hacking then currently? is it so that you can play the old wii games on it? can you do that? also i guess my other question is what makes the wiiu better than the wii? if anything (i know it has the handheld screen but that to me isnt really the be all end all...)
is there something im missing?

There are hundreds of reasons to hack, and only one of them is stealing games.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, the forumite ain't breaking into stores and robbing 'em.

Copy isn't theft.

2010-09-28-bicycleHuff_panel1.jpg

2010-09-28-bicycleHuff_panel2.jpg

2010-09-28-panel3.jpg

Would you want to be the person selling the bicycle?

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most certainly. I'd be happy to, I actually WANT people to copy the stuff I do.

I am a scientist. :)

So if you're selling something for money, an action you intend to make a living off, and everyone copies it, you're happy with getting no money, right?

(PS: I know that few people pirate games, so it's not making a huge dent. That doesn't make it right. And yes, the_randomizer is right.)

Lasagna Devil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you are living off from an old bussiness model which is actually destroying mankind's capacity to develop and share data, yes, you need to find new ways of living. Copysts got out of their jobs when the printing press was invented, were we supposed to forbid using the printing press?

Now, let's get back on topic.

so my question is whats the point of hacking then currently? is it so that you can play the old wii games on it? can you do that?
You can hack the WiiU to play pirated old Wii games. You can, off-the-shelf, play original Wii games. You can't hack the WiiU to play new WiiU pirated games (there aren't any yet).

also i guess my other question is what makes the wiiu better than the wii?
Whole new console. It's like asking what makes the SNes better than the Nes.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are living off from an old bussiness model which is actually destroying mankind's capacity to develop and share data, yes, you need to find new ways of living. Copysts got out of their jobs when the printing press was invented, were we supposed to forbid using the printing press?

You are basing your opinion on how you think the world "should" work, not how the word actually works in it's current state. When you pay a developer, you are paying them for their TIME to sit down and write the code, not for the actual code itself. People need to make a living in the real world to provide shelter and food which takes TIME.

I personally think it would be great if we could get to a state where most jobs are automated and everyone isn't required to "earn a living". But until we can get away from a society that demands everyone "earning a living" you are taking away the ability for developers to have shelter and put food on their table.

Sure, it's easy to dehumanize these entities over the internet, especially if they are a large corporation who "can afford it". But honestly, how does that make you different from the typical sociopath?

Reactions: Marionumber1

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we PLEASE get this back on topic already? Countless threads have been closed due to bullshit on why-piracy-is-wrong/why-piracy-isn't-bad debates that devolve. I don't want this thread to devolve and get shut down. Please let's get back on topic. If people want to discuss piracy, do it in a PM, but not on this thread or, someone can make a thread about it.

Reactions: Kargaroc

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we PLEASE get this back on topic already? Countless threads have been closed due to bullshit on why-piracy-is-wrong/why-piracy-isn't-bad debates that devolve. I don't want this thread to devolve and get shut down. Please let's get back on topic. If people want to discuss piracy, do it in a PM, but not on this thread or, someone can make a thread about it.
lol I tried making a thread on it once, it got shut down the next day, but ya your right lets get back on topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-