Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!!

I don't know if was explained before, but, can I extract the savegames of my old Wii (with Savegame Manager DX) copy it to an SD card, and retransfer it at my WiiU (with SM DX again)...?

Is the same process to transfer the saves from SD to WiiU WiiMode's NAND than a normal Wii?

thanks!!

I would also like to know if this is possible and if safe. I don't want to do a system transfer, but I do want copies of my saves.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
nice update list. just reading simple guides like this help me hack my vWii mode when i first got my Wii U and when i had to buy a second one. i am keeping an eye on gbatemp every day to see the new updates for the Wii U and the 3ds.

bpolen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post here so forgive me if the answer it out there. I have hacked /modded plenty of devices but I am having a devil of a time softmodding our Wii U. I have Indiana Jones and Indiana Pwn and for the life of me I cant get my Wii U to see the .bin file. I have played the game to have a save on the system then removed it. I have selected archive on the file, Tried multiple SD cards, formatted etc. What am I missing.

TIA

EL MODDER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using the smash bro brawl game hack about since it was released for the old wii
the first game hack I tried was the lego game tho, I got rid of that disc real fast and found a smash bro brawl disc, smash bro brawl hack works about 66% of the time, when it does not work I just try it again, I am not sure if the lego hack only works sometimes like the smash bro brawl hack, I know that I did get the lego hack to work for me but I thought it took to long and switched to using smash bro brawl so I could mod faster, anyways you might make sure you do not have the lock switch enabled on your sd card, and use a sd card that is 2gb or smaller

oh great developers of wii u hacks please give us a way to crash into awesome hacking software to play wii u games like we could do with the old wii

what is that you say? it is better if we pay $100 plus for your hardware

then only after no one wants to pay $100 for your wii u hacking hardware because sellers on aliexpress are selling perfectly working clones for $20 and the hardware is not bringing in enough profit to pay off any body else that wants to release a public soft mod

that is when we will get the free hack like it used to be before greed became a part of this hobby

ok that is what I thought

Lasagna Devil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
  • Run Foreign Retail Wii Discs RegionFree? YES!
How can I do this one?

I live in Latin America and have an European WiiU, and I'd like to get an exploit-compatible game (was thinking of Batman, since Bathaxxx seems to be the easiest and most stable hack around), to install homebrew into vWii.
However, I can't get European Retail Wii games here.

What can I do?

Lasagna Devil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm also interested on running other retail games region-free (not just the ones to install homebrew), and I noticed that specific portion in this thread.

Sorry, I thought it was pertinent to post here as well.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm also interested on running other retail games region-free (not just the ones to install homebrew), and I noticed that specific portion in this thread.

Sorry, I thought it was pertinent to post here as well.

Only to answer you, the only thing you can only do is getting a PAL copy of exploitable game, it's the only way, buy through ebay, but it could took up to 6 mounths to arrive the game, a Super Mario 3D World for it took that time, but it was from the United States, I don't know what time it could took from Europe...

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
NOT ALL WiiU's.
It has not been back-ported to lower(earlier) firmware versions.

Well, excuse me, in ALL updated Wii Us ¬¬ ...

EDIT: Anyway, I only say "All Wii Us" because most of them have 5.1.0U firmware (or at least 5.0.0U).

EDIT2: And Marionumber1 I understand you, I wanted to say all updated Wii Us.

EDIT3: Yes, all Wii U can be hacked, only they need to update to 5.1.0 and they will got the exploit working.

Reactions: leorod199

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"