Guild's Flamebait News That Isn't Posted Thread

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshots of Forza 5 have been released.

SyVmcyR.jpg

Welcome to next gen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Am I the only one wondering why they're... not actually watching the race? Spectators watch the track, don't they? That's sort of the point of spectating.

These people seem to be... random employees who happened to stand behind a green screen in the studio that day. :rofl2:

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
TLXLhkj.jpg

So apparently Sony's not selling the PS4 at a huge loss, it's a minor loss at worst or a profit at best... so it's 8 X86_64 cores, 8GB GDDR5 RAM with a mid-tier GPU and a built-in 500GB HDD for sold for $399, built for $381...

...kinda makes you wonder what kind of a shitty deal Nintendo negotiated with their suppliers since with an outdated CPU, low-tier GPU, 2GB RAM and no HDD whatsoever they claim they're selling the Wii U at a loss. ;O;

:arrow: More Sauce

This was supposed to be in the USN, but I figured "nah"... :tpi:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TLXLhkj.jpg

So apparently Sony's not selling the PS4 at a huge loss, it's a minor loss at worst or a profit at best... so it's 8 X86_64 cores, 8GB GDDR5 RAM with a mid-tier GPU and a built-in 500GB HDD for sold for $399, built for $381...

...kinda makes you wonder what kind of a shitty deal Nintendo negotiated with their suppliers since with an outdated CPU, low-tier GPU, 2GB RAM and no HDD whatsoever they claim they're selling the Wii U at a loss. ;O;

:arrow: More Sauce

This was supposed to be in the USN, but I figured "nah"... :tpi:

Blame the gamepad.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Blame the gamepad.

That is such a poor excuse though - the gamepad screen is resistive and not really all that huge, I refuse to believe that it costs all that much to manufacture and ship, everything beyond that screen is just standard controller hardware and a battery.

The price difference between the two systems is effectively $100 and the Wii U is lacking in memory, computing power and storage in comparison, and by a lot as well. I really don't think the manufacturing costs of the Wii U gamepad are at fault here, or at least they're not the only reason for the losses.

According to UMBTechInsights, the screen costs $24.75, the components cost $30 while the battery and the rest of the guff costs $24.50, totalling up at $79.25. That's a hella-expensive controller, but it's a mere fraction of the total price of $299.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is such a poor excuse though - the gamepad screen is resistive and not really all that huge, I refuse to believe that it costs all that much to manufacture and ship, everything beyond that screen is just standard controller hardware and a battery.

The price difference between the two systems is effectively $100 and the Wii U is lacking in memory, computing power and storage in comparison, and by a lot as well. I really don't think the manufacturing costs of the Wii U gamepad are at fault here, or at least they're not the only reason for the losses.
Nah the gamepad is surprisingly expensive. I think it RTU or maybe it was another article I read earlier this year, but the gamepad alone costs Nintendo around 150 bucks to manufacture. That's why they basically aren't selling them in stores.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nah the gamepad is surprisingly expensive. I think it RTU or maybe it was another article I read earlier this year, but the gamepad alone costs Nintendo around 150 bucks to manufacture. That's why they basically aren't selling them in stores.
Excuse the late edit above, but the controller costs around $80 to manufacture. ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, that fuckin sucks for Nintendo then.
To be fair though, that is quite a lot for a controller all things considered. They'd have to sell the thing for anywhere between $100 to $140 to even have a glimpse of hope for making any money off it, and nobody's going to pay that much for a controller unless theirs is broken.

In a lot of ways, it is one of the many nails in the Wii U coffin as cool as it is as a device, especially considering the fact that the competition did the exact same thing with zero expenses on their part simply by adjusting existing devices to serve the same purpose, meaning by giving the PSVita the ability to Remote Play or Second Screen and releasing SmartGlass for mobile devices.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be fair though, that is quite a lot for a controller all things considered. They'd have to sell the thing for anywhere between $100 to $140 to even have a glimpse of hope for making any money off it, and nobody's going to pay that much for a controller unless theirs is broken.

In a lot of ways, it is one of the many nails in the Wii U coffin as cool as it is as a device, especially considering the fact that the competition did the exact same thing with zero expenses on their part simply by adjusting existing devices to serve the same purpose, meaning by giving the PSVita the ability to Remote Play or Second Screen and releasing SmartGlass for mobile devices.

Maybe it's time Nintendo abandoned their partnership with whatever partners they have and go to other people if they can get a better deal for better hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1