Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

D

Deleted User

I tried asking this question in "3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here", thinking that was the perfect place for a noob question, but I haven't got an reply back. Posting it here to see if I can get a reply.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I bought a flashcart from someone local about 3 years ago, it has worked flawlessly up until the other day, I never took updates from Nintendo during that time, I decided to update my 3DS to the latest (Ver. 9.2.0-20U) update to see if that would fix anything, it did not. I assume I need to update the firmware on my flashcart, this is where I'm lost. Below are a few pics of the card I have, it's plain white with no markings on it except for SDHC near the terminals. I'll assume this might be an R4 SDHC??

When I put it in my 3DS and turn it on I see "SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepantis THQ" like normal but when I click on it I get "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off....."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most likely a R4 SDHC or cheap clone based on no labels whatsoever. What version were you on prior to 9.2?

AFAIK - 6.x and 7.x brought a large round of patches that killed off DS mode flashcarts. If you get the "An Error has occured" when launching the Spongebomb shell, it's most likely a blocked cart.

Easier solution is just buy a new DS cart. You can get them for like $10-15 nowadays.

C S

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the DSTwo. I have used the R4 and The Acekard but the DSTwo is the one I was happiest with the most.

However, knowing that the US N3DS start at around firmware 9.0, I am not sure if the DSTwo would work. The highest firmware I thought it supported was 8.1 or something like that.

So unless you found / have an N3DS with firmware 8.1 or lower, not sure if it will work.

Gatez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I need some help if anyone can do that. I just bought the gateway 3ds and my system is a 3DS XL on 9.0.0-20U firmware. Everytime I insert the blue card it gives me an error, I'm wondering why is that?

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I need some help if anyone can do that. I just bought the gateway 3ds and my system is a 3DS XL on 9.0.0-20U firmware. Everytime I insert the blue card it gives me an error, I'm wondering why is that?

The blue card is a cheap DS card that is used to install the profile exploit on 4.1-4.5 firmware. It doesn't work on 9.0 firmware, and on 9.0 firmware you need to use the browser exploit instead.

If you really want to use it you can downgrade.

yasuoiwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there, is question about DS-Flashcart also allowed?

i have R4sdhc RTS Lite 2014 flashcard.
By installing a gba-emulator i somehow messed up the firmware and cannot find a replacement for the 2014-Version :-/
Any help here? i also mailed the chinese ppl but somehow they split up so i dunno if they will answer :-/
2014.jpg

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is literally the first hit that comes up on Google.

Are you meaning the actual firmware on the cart? It is hard to tell sometimes what firmware people need. If it isn't a problem with the loader on the microSD then it looks like you can't really do anything. The firmware can probably only be written with special hardware like that of the factory's. Try to get it exchanged if that is the case.

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I have a question about the Blue Button Sky3DS. I have an American 3DS and a Japanese 3DS (Both original model, latest firmware)

Could I, say, have some American ROMs and some Japanese Roms on the same Sky3DS, say on different SD cards, and play them in their respective region? Or would I have to go through RegionFour?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hey, so I have a question about the Blue Button Sky3DS. I have an American 3DS and a Japanese 3DS (Both original model, latest firmware)

Could I, say, have some American ROMs and some Japanese Roms on the same Sky3DS, say on different SD cards, and play them in their respective region? Or would I have to go through RegionFour?

yes that would work fine :)

Akris

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey! Just wanted to know if anyone could direct me to a legit store that ships Sky3DS to India? Preferably in Singapore or any asian country?

Plus, are there any particular things I should avoid doing with my flashcart?

Thanks!

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I don't know if the place I got my Sky3DS ships to Singapore.

As far as do's and don'ts...
Don't try playing public ROMS online without using a private header. There are numerous guides here on GBATemp
that can show you how to do this. Other than that, the basics are covered in the (somewhat poorly written) manual.

MrsF1980

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, looking for some help. I bought my son a used DSi a few months ago and then bought a pre-loaded R4 Snoopy card. Worked perfectly. Had issues with the DS (not R4 related) and had to send it back. Bought a new 2DS instead. I updated some of the games on the card and deleted others. R4 card played perfectly in the 2DS. Turned it off and when we turned it back on we started getting the error message: "an error has occurred press and hold the power button..". I did not connect the 2DS to the wifi and I didn't make any changes to the firmware. I have tried updating the kernel but it hasn't made any difference. Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8