Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't get it.

I don't get it either. The OUYA crew said "hey, we have $1 000 000, make a KickStarter project, if you make more than $50 000, we'll double that if you make the game exclusive to OUYA for 6 months", two games reach that mark, two games get the funding.

How is the OUYA team supposed to address allegedly "foul practices" on the KickStarters if they... don't run KickStarter? They have no way of verifying whether these contributions were honest or not - all they know is that they were there and according to the rules they set, those two games qualify. You can't pick and choose winners and if Indie devs cry out because of that then they're just being sour pusses (which isn't particularily odd seeing that they're Indie devs) and that's that.

tl;dr "Stupid football game got a lot of contributions and received funding and I didn't so I'm going to pull a five-year-old and pull my game off the OUYA store." ;O;

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know these are japanese sale numbers but this cannot be right.
2pRHqVH.png

PS Vita is really hurting without Monster Hunter ⊟
Here are all the Monster Hunter sales Nintendo snatched away from Sony when it made 3DS the series’ home system, compared to the total in-store sales of every PS Vita game in Japan, according to limited Media Create data compiled by Road.
Monster Hunter 4 sold more than 1.71 million copies in Japan within two days of its release there, and helped push 3DS hardware sales to 298,000 (compared to 78,000 the previous week). That’s almost as many MH4 copies as there are PS Vita systems in the country — the portable’s lifetime sales are at 1.76 million.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I know these are japanese sale numbers but this cannot be right.
2pRHqVH.png

To be fair, Monster Hunter is absolutely huge in Japan, they pretty much wank over the game 24/7. And Sony hasn't been all that big in Japan for some years as well, which probably tips the scales a bit in Nintendos favor.

Sales for Monster Hunter in the US, however, will be nowhere near as high as Japan. It usually doesn't do that well here in the west. Like, I think Monster Hunter Tri for 3DS only sold <200,000 copies here in the US (and sold over a million copies in Japan)

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be fair, Monster Hunter is absolutely huge in Japan, they pretty much wank over the game 24/7. And Sony hasn't been all that big in Japan for some years as well, which probably tips the scales a bit in Nintendos favor.

Sales for Monster Hunter in the US, however, will be nowhere near as high as Japan. It usually doesn't do that well here in the west. Like, I think Monster Hunter Tri for 3DS only sold <200,000 copies here in the US (and sold over a million copies in Japan)

What tommy said ^

I got bored of it tbh, coz no online connectivity

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think it's totally fair to compare software sales for a system which sold over 12,18 million units with software sales for a system which sold 1,79 million unit in Japan - it's not like the first system has over six times the size of a target audience at this point in time which surely doesn't negatively impact the sales of software once you put it on a chart. :rolleyes:

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it's totally fair to compare software sales for a system which sold over 12,18 million units with software sales for a system which sold 1,79 million unit in Japan - it's not like the first system has over six times the size of a target audience at this point in time which surely doesn't negatively impact the sales of software once you put it on a chart. :rolleyes:
Don't cry, Foxi4. We all know Nintendo is superior and everyone else should just be ashamed of their presence in the gaming market ;O;

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think it's totally fair to compare software sales for a system which sold over 12,18 million units with software sales for a system which sold 1,79 million unit in Japan
So the Vita fails on both fronts, both hardware and software sales ;O;

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beg you don't cry.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Because the Wii or the PS3 had issues with slot-loading drives when placed vertically, right? :rolleyes:
Don't consoles in general have more of a chance of issues when stood vertically? Every time I hear of a PS3 or 360 or Wii having disc read issues or something, people are like "don't stand it vertically!"

I mean, after all, I can only imagine that keeping your system erect instead of in your pants should cause issues.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now I know I have expressed sentiments similar to this but the Sonic adventures were not widely praised at the time, was largely considered the point at which Sonic turned for the worse (Sonic 3d was at least pretty functional) and generally served to demonstrate that Sonic in 3d was not the best idea, or at least executed so badly as to make it seem as such. I am pretty certain it has only been in the last few years that this Sonic adventure was not shit concept arose and I really do not get it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Only thing it is good for is being the "cash cow"!
As if that's bad.

1bbc061f8281030c3735a1429d18a2c3.jpg

srsresponse: Companies love franchises they sell consistently because it means a predictable source of income they can use to develop other titles. Without a lot of cash cows, companies wouldn't be able to produce as many other things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!