Hacking Guide to: Converting PS1 games for PSP

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the program is called PSPDocMaker. It allows you to pack PNGs into a compatible file for the PSX manual. I do believe the files need to be named sequentially starting at 0000. Though, it'd be a lot easier to just download the prepackaged .dats. I know there's a site out there specifically for that.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I think the program is called PSPDocMaker. It allows you to pack PNGs into a compatible file for the PSX manual. I do believe the files need to be named sequentially starting at 0000. Though, it'd be a lot easier to just download the prepackaged .dats. I know there's a site out there specifically for that.

I like to get creative so i think i will make my own :D

Thanks my TEMP friend! :)

Truner

Trophies
Website
truner.beluva.hu
XP
Country
Hungary
Got a little problem here. PSX2PSP 1.4.2 won't let me select a second disc image. I know I've made multi-disc eboots before, but I can't seem to do so now. Anyone knows what could be the problem?

EDIT: You have to scroll... of course it was something hard to remember! Thanks anyway. (:

HunkHogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm pretty new to this. Two games I wish to add (trying one now) come with multiple .bin files and they are pretty large. Should I add all .bin files as if they are extra disks (these aren't multi-disk games) or do I need to convert the bin files into an .iso first?

Perhaps I should list the two games I'm trying to add: Castlevania SoTN and Brigandine.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is possible, but certain games allowed for the disk to be ejected and a different disk placed in the console for a different effect. Is this type of thing still possible on the PSP? For instance, in Vigilante 8 Second Offense you could add the original V8 maps to the game by pausing the game, plopping the original V8 disk inside, closing the lid, wait for the notification sound, then place the 2nd Offense disk back in and continue playing, but with the added levels from the first game. Is something like this possible?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm pretty new to this. Two games I wish to add (trying one now) come with multiple .bin files and they are pretty large. Should I add all .bin files as if they are extra disks (these aren't multi-disk games) or do I need to convert the bin files into an .iso first?

There should be a BIN file for every disc. Don't convert them to ISOs as PS1 games normally have multiple tracks but ISO only handles one track. What settings did you use to dump the discs?

HunkHogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be a BIN file for every disc. Don't convert them to ISOs as PS1 games normally have multiple tracks but ISO only handles one track. What settings did you use to dump the discs?

If I remember correctly, I used Alcohol 52 as a standard CD for Castlevania SoTN and it produced two bin files - one over 200mb and one around 22mb. I'm not even going to lie about Brigandine because my copy was stolen a long time ago and I downloaded a copy off CoolROM which came with about twelve identical files all of the same size.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, I used Alcohol 52 as a standard CD for Castlevania SoTN and it produced two bin files - one over 200mb and one around 22mb. I'm not even going to lie about Brigandine because my copy was stolen a long time ago and I downloaded a copy off CoolROM which came with about twelve identical files all of the same size.

Two BIN files? Did you have it set to separate the tracks or something? If so, you'll have to merge the files, I don't know which one would have to be track one or track two. Usually the best output for dumping discs is to have it dump as a BIN/CUE raw. Make sure you setup the CUE file to not be directory dependant. If you download a game and it comes with multiple files all about the same size, chances are it's just a compressed split RAR. You'll need a program like jZip (Windows) to extract the file from the split parts.

HunkHogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imgur.com/vjpF1Ai

I know it's been a while since I last posted, but here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I finally managed to get a legit copy off Amazon but Alcohol won't read the disc so I was forced to download another copy and this is what's inside the file. I've actually downloaded three different copies from three different sites and they are all the exact same.

As far as the games with two bin files, I just used the big file and I've been able to play games without problems. I'm not sure why Alcohol 52 makes two files and why one is smaller, but I've been able to play them from start to finish without any issues. I'll be going out of town for a while in a few weeks and I'd love to get this game on my PSP as it's one of my favorites. Any information is appreciated.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imgur.com/vjpF1Ai

I know it's been a while since I last posted, but here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I finally managed to get a legit copy off Amazon but Alcohol won't read the disc so I was forced to download another copy and this is what's inside the file. I've actually downloaded three different copies from three different sites and they are all the exact same.

As far as the games with two bin files, I just used the big file and I've been able to play games without problems. I'm not sure why Alcohol 52 makes two files and why one is smaller, but I've been able to play them from start to finish without any issues. I'll be going out of town for a while in a few weeks and I'd love to get this game on my PSP as it's one of my favorites. Any information is appreciated.
Google around for the settings needed to properly dump PS1 games with Alcohol. As for the file it downloaded, it's just the bin files are separate tracks, just select the CUE file while the BIN files are in the same directory.

HunkHogan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Copying over to the PSP now. Lets see if this works.

It worked. Thanks a lot. I never would have thought to mount the CUE and burn it into an ISO. I just had to mount it onto a virtual drive (which Daemon Tools did flawlessly) then burn it that way into an ISO. The setting I was using was on an outdated version of Alcohol 52 which is why I wasn't getting a readable file.

Thanks again. I honestly didn't expect to see any activity on this board, let alone get this figured out the same night I posted.

Last edited by HunkHogan,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Copying over to the PSP now. Lets see if this works.

It worked. Thanks a lot. I never would have thought to mount the CUE and burn it into an ISO. I just had to mount it onto a virtual drive (which Daemon Tools did flawlessly) then burn it that way into an ISO. The setting I was using was on an outdated version of Alcohol 52 which is why I wasn't getting a readable file.

Thanks again. I honestly didn't expect to see any activity on this board, let alone get this figured out the same night I posted.
That's a 'roundabout way of doing it, but whatever works for you. Have fun.

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, thanks for the guide!

I'm currently trying to create a custom eboot for a PS1 game on my PSP and am stuck trying to create the sound file. I am using Goldwave and have downloaded the ATRAC3 Codec, converted the MP3 to .wav, and the video is only 37.5 seconds. When I click on the attributes button, no ATRAC3 options appear.

I am running a Windows 10 64bit operating system. I have tried using Goldwaves new and old (32bit) program, but am having no luck. Does anybody have any ideas?

Much appreciated!

MathUser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has this every been updated to make signed eboots? Or is there a program similar to it that can make signed eboots?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over