Hacking Guide to: Converting PS1 games for PSP

puding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, ignore everything i said about Hot Shots Golf 2 because it'll just confuse you. You just need the base.pbp and keys.bin files required for PSX eboot conversion....a few minutes of trial and error should avail you of those.

What game are you trying to convert?
I got a lot of hours of errors and trial =P

I tried with every single convert app, via Command Line and GUI versions, none of this works. I also try to convert that to ISO, MSD, BIN etc... Those converted works perfectly on my PC emulator, but doesnt on PSP.

I'm trying to play Pink Panther - pinkadelic pursuit, its not a famous game...

And another question, the base.pbp that comes with Popstation GUI (PSX2PSP), its Ok to use via popstation command line?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
PSX2PSP shouldn't come with one as base.pbp is copyrighted. That's why they made the alternative DATA file. It may work, but you'd need the keys.bin file too.

On searching it seems people have already converted the game to PSP format so it should work. I think you may need to investigate popsloader as your eboot may be fine but just not work on your current pops version.

puding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PSX2PSP shouldn't come with one as base.pbp is copyrighted. That's why they made the alternative DATA file. It may work, but you'd need the keys.bin file too.

On searching it seems people have already converted the game to PSP format so it should work. I think you may need to investigate popsloader as your eboot may be fine but just not work on your current pops version.
Sure this game works, but only without BGM. Thats why I ask about CDDA support.

Slow down... Im little bit confuse right now, so what should I do? I found the Hot Shots game, I guess its original (already in EBOOT.PBP).

Searching on google, there is only few discussions about the key.bin, everybody says: "We are not allowed to talk about that" or "You dont need it now"...

And, this is my game structure:

15xpcua.png

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Your google skills are wanting...seems that you need to address your search terminology...something like

PSX - Base.PBP con Keys.BIN converter per PSP

From there it's a matter of using the conversion tool and popsloader.

puding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your google skills are wanting...seems that you need to address your search terminology...something like

PSX - Base.PBP con Keys.BIN converter per PSP

From there it's a matter of using the conversion tool and popsloader.
I know how to find, what I dont know is which tool I need to use. Popstation with CDDA do the job?

Sorry for asking that, I'm kinda newbie here...

edit:

ok now its working, but keeps with no BGM...

bluestar53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
psp 3003
pro b 10

guys i have made 1 eboot for final fantasy 8.popsloader installed.i completed disc 1 but cant switch to disc 2.any help ? pressed the psp logo to switch but i get a error saying that its the incorrect disc.the game asks me switch but it wont switch.any help ? using the europe version.i did save the game and tried to switch disc but i get a error message.i also saw the game ids and save ids are different when i use psx2psp.the game just wont switch disc.help ! the error message says its the wrong disc.

bluestar53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
after i completed disc 1 it asks for disk 2.i changed the game ids and save ids to be the same on all 4 discs.i even kept the same game name title on all 4 discs.so what now ?

bluestar53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i select the psp button to switch.it allows me to choose disc 2 , it warns me the game did not ask for the disc to be changed.but when i complete disc 1 it did ask for disc 2.then it gives me a error saying its the wrong disc.any ideas ?

bluestar53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone have screenshots of the game id and saves for all 4 discs and also what name was used.i am thinking maybe i need to put disc 1 , disc 2 , etc after the name on game title ? who has a proper game of ff8 or ff9 when you switch discs ? please help guys !!!!!!!!!!!

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested in this too. I found this guide
http://m.afterdawn.com/forums/t/f-210/675334

If it works for you let me know

I was also wondering if their is any analog stick support for games at all, I guess it's impossible to do 2 sticks but is it possible to do 1? I was thinking of putting colony wars on my psp.

If you use a Dualshock3 controller can you even play games like ape escape?

I have not had good success with PSone emulation on PC and am liking PSP better or this even more than playing on the PS3 because these games look like ass on the HDTV.

With the TV out option this might be the simplest way to play PSone backups for me.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
No, go ahead and rename it, just mke sure not to rename the eboot inside

Oh i see. Thank's A lot :D

By the way, just one question (sorry) um..the game was actually Tomb Raider 2, not Pandemonium 2, my mistake :P
The thing is, Tomb Raider 2 wont work on Emulators on PC and it wont work on PSP now. I mean, it WORKS, but only until the point where i select the New Game or Lara's House, and than it shows BLACK screen, just like on PC.
I tried many ISO's of TR2 but no luck... what''s with PSX Tomb Raider games, i just don't get it? :(

I really like TR games

Isaac

American
Trophies
Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
XP
Country
United States
Oh i see. Thank's A lot :D

By the way, just one question (sorry) um..the game was actually Tomb Raider 2, not Pandemonium 2, my mistake :P
The thing is, Tomb Raider 2 wont work on Emulators on PC and it wont work on PSP now. I mean, it WORKS, but only until the point where i select the New Game or Lara's House, and than it shows BLACK screen, just like on PC.
I tried many ISO's of TR2 but no luck... what''s with PSX Tomb Raider games, i just don't get it? :(

I really like TR games

Give me a moment, I'll try getting it working on mine. I'll post the results.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\