Guide to: Converting PS1 games for PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jamstruth, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Daeru

Daeru Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    What do you mean?

2. CatmanFan

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Wii N64 VC injection has always had bad compatibility with most games, and you said Pro Pinball Timeshock doesn't work for you, so I decided to make a joke out of it.
    But back to the original topic. Since it doesn't work for you, you should probably use Popsloader.

3. Daeru

Daeru Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    I'm going through all firmware versions with every new eboot I make...quite a lot of work, but it is the last game I wanted to add to my PS1 on PSP collection.

4. CatmanFan

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Which CFW and system firmware are you on by the way?

5. Daeru

Daeru Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    6.61 pro c2 infinity (psp 3000)...
    I don't care for any virtual pinball game, but Timeshock is something else (at least for me).

6. CatmanFan

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    If you are using Popsloader, try testing the game with the oldest POPS you have (should be at least 3.00).

7. Daeru

Daeru Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Yeah I know... I have had success with Destruction Derby 2, Wipeout XL and Doom on those old POPS. Music and everything. I think this game also needs an old pop for the music to work, but it won't even go much further than the Playstation logo. The best I've gotten so far is pops 5.00 and up (working game, without music and with the pinball traces).

8. Tobirama_senju

Tobirama_senju Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2016
    hi I am trying to convert star wars the phantom menace but it doesnt seem to work on my psp.

9. daphnis

daphnis Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    For those watching having difficulties converting (like I did with Rayman), try using Classic mode for PSX2PSP. I was getting failures (said success but wrote small amount of data) using the Theme mode, but once switching to Classic mode everything worked.

10. HunkHogan

HunkHogan Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2014
    United States
    The pictures on page 1 are all gone. Would someone be kind enough to upload them elsewhere?

11. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Probably couldn't hurt to tag the OP, since they logged in not that long ago (a week-ish?). @Jamstruth