Homebrew gbaemu4ds: GBA emulator for DS(i) (DSi Entry)

Is the graphic better if you use the sc Version and the upper screen on a 3DS

• I can't do that (have no 3DS) (have not tested that)

Votes: 110 40.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 48 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 89 32.6%

• Total voters

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And you're saying you can't test on DeSmuME because it can't load a ROM?
To me, it sounds like you could hardcode a small homebrew ROM into the compiled .nds, and DeSmuME should be fine with that.

what about Hard-Coding just a Hello, World gba homebrew into the binary and test if that will run

Eroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ichifly, the cheat system is not needed at all. Take it as last priority. Right now we need compatibility with more games(full screen) and decent fps...
I know it's easy to say and hard to do, but i know you can do this. Dude, imagine yourself as: Ichifly, the creator of the first fully functional GBA emulator for DS(i) for all flashcards.

I'm dieing to play DBZ buus fury and legacy of Goku 2 on my DSi.

ADD: what is IO Handling?

Jakob99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load fire red but it won't load. It is a hack I made. I got it to load and save before but now it won't load. I keep getting unknown op error every time

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ichifly is there anyway to run ff dawn of souls
I can get to the square Enix screen it attempts to change to a different screen but results in a blank white screen also I can't get mother 3 to get past the intro of the game, will m3 be one of this games I need to start on a PC or another console that has vba like the wii

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ichifly is there anyway to run ff dawn of souls
I can get to the square Enix screen it attempts to change to a different screen but results in a blank white screen also I can't get mother 3 to get past the intro of the game, will m3 be one of this games I need to start on a PC or another console that has vba like the wii
Considering even VBAGX (the Wii port of VBA) has trouble running Mother 3, asking the DS to do that is ridiculous.

On a side note, a few years back there was a project for homemade GBA VC titles. I distinctly remember Mother 3 being there, but I'm not sure if I still have the WAD. But that's another topic for another time and place.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering even VBAGX (the Wii port of VBA) has trouble running Mother 3, asking the DS to do that is ridiculous.

On a side note, a few years back there was a project for homemade GBA VC titles. I distinctly remember Mother 3 being there, but I'm not sure if I still have the WAD. But that's another topic for another time and place.

If you could find the wad could you pm me with it? and I was only suggesting the wii as an option I could always run it on my vanilla xbox I tried it on the vba port and it worked no problem

Eroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ichfly, 1 or 2 pages back you said you don't have this project anymore as a priority and that you're working on other thing. What it is?
And please, continue with this. I know it'ts hard, but i know you can.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ichfly, 1 or 2 pages back you said you don't have this project anymore as a priority and that you're working on other thing. What it is?
I think we're pretty sure it was SSSpwn! :lol:

So question. What is the best setup to use while playing Fire Red? google has failed me at least.
Alpha1 Fix1 with the European versions or an [f1] rom.
Alpha2 Fix4 will work as well (with better sound? it's been too long) but you need to apply the default patch every time you start the game, which gets annoying.

advirqsound(sc) will work fine for FireRed.

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we're pretty sure it was SSSpwn! :lol:

Alpha1 Fix1 with the European versions or an [f1] rom.
Alpha2 Fix4 will work as well (with better sound? it's been too long) but you need to apply the default patch every time you start the game, which gets annoying.

advirqsound(sc) will work fine for FireRed.

default patch? and everytime i play the rom professor oak is split in two on both sides of the screen. ill try your method and see if its any different. anything i need to change with: FPS, autovsync, vsync video line, mb,.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
default patch? and everytime i play the rom professor oak is split in two on both sides of the screen. ill try your method and see if its any different. anything i need to change with: FPS, autovsync, vsync video line, mb,.
Yes, I think it's called patch.pat in gbaemu4ds's folder. It's been so long, though, that I can't remember clearly.

What is SSSPawn?
The recent 3DS exploit.

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You load the emulator like normal, except instead of loading the FireRed ROM, you find patch.pat and load that. After that, THEN you load the FireRed ROM.

I just tried that. still nothing. Maybe ill just have to save up and get the DSTwo. Thanks for the help though man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5