Status
Not open for further replies.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm new to the Nintendo 2DS and I was planning on buying one this week. I also plan on buying a flash card but I need help. Deciding on Sky3DS or Gateway.
All I know is that Sky3ds is more friendly than Gateway (IMO) but I just want to be sure.

I want to know if the current gateway supports online and local multiplayer.

Also I was wondering if both flash cards will support the new smash 3ds on the wii u?

I have at least 40 games on my 3DS between my SD card and Gateway. 100% of them work online. .cia files do not need to be patched for online play. If you convert it properly, Download Play works on any games that have that feature.

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the way the .cia's are flowing out off the donkey's butthole, I think its just a matter of time the game updates get packaged and released in the wild. unless they start using a different encryption.

oh you mean for +4.5 users, then yes.

Reactions: Margen67 and cvskid

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have at least 40 games on my 3DS between my SD card and Gateway. 100% of them work online. .cia files do not need to be patched for online play. If you convert it properly, Download Play works on any games that have that feature.

Thanks. Im assuming that m game list will work for the gateway flash card.

-Kingdom hearts 3D
-Smash 3DS
-Mario Kart 7
-Blazblue
-Super Mario bros 3d land/ 2

Reactions: Margen67

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. Im assuming that m game list will work for the gateway flash card.

-Kingdom hearts 3D
-Smash 3DS
-Mario Kart 7
-Blazblue
-Super Mario bros 3d land/ 2

Everthing single game you can think of including eshop games work on the GateWay, you need a 4.5 console though. Stick around and wait a few weeks to see what the new progression holds though in regards to 9.2 firmware. You never know you may be able to play them all on a N3DS. Or maybe not it might get blocked a week later. Just a waiting game :)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Main issue i see with not updating is if the new pokemon games need update patches that you need to go into the eshop for. That and super smash bros 3ds updates.

I personally wont be getting Ruby or Sapphire on release. I wont update my 3DS either. I may get ruby or sapphire when I get myself a gateway (pending it works properly on the current firmware when that is released). But after getting Y last year, I really can't justify putting the same amount of money down on remakes of my least favorite generation. I can certainly wait to play the remakes.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok buying a gateway right now

If you don't have a 4.5 3ds you should wait, it might be a different card that works on a 9.2 3ds. I'm not sure what they mean when they say it's an update to the current cart, could still be an entirely new cart.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't have a 4.5 3ds you should wait, it might be a different card that works on a 9.2 3ds. I'm not sure what they mean when they say it's an update to the current cart, could still be an entirely new cart.
Thats the primary reason why I'm holding off for now.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think they will use a different card given that they have said in their email responses that it will be just an update; HOWEVER there's no reason to rush and buy a GW if you don't have a CURRENT compatible firmware. My advice is not to buy a product based on promises; resellers are not going to run out of Gateways.

Reactions: Steena and Danjal

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think they will use a different card given that they have said in their email responses that it will be just an update; HOWEVER there's no reason to rush and buy a GW if you don't have a CURRENT compatible firmware. My advice is not to buy a product based on promises; resellers are not going to run out of Gateways.

Language is hard to interpret. I read it the same way you did, but at the same time. the N3DS/XL is just an update over the current 3DS/XL and yet its entirely different model, I'm just being wary, wouldn't surprise me if we need a new one, especially if they hope to get N3DS exclusives working.

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hm, if those are available trough CIA installing i think its more of a software issue.
I don't think we're going back to the superfx days :).

Hellz92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds to me like they found a way to make the gateway card function like Sky3DS or something.

"Yes, you heard us right! If you have a 3DS, or a 2DS or a New 3DS system that is running System Firmware 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 then you WILL be able to use it with Gateway 3DS!"

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Language is hard to interpret. I read it the same way you did, but at the same time. the N3DS/XL is just an update over the current 3DS/XL and yet its entirely different model, I'm just being wary, wouldn't surprise me if we need a new one, especially if they hope to get N3DS exclusives working.

Well, here: #81

I remember seeing that response in a screencapture, but I can't find it now. My advice stands though.

Reactions: Doran754

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i know :) my money is just ready for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o