Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
My version of the "worst case scenario" would be if they actually didnt find a kernel access but a way to reprogram the FPGA to work as Sky3ds does minus the limit. But then again they specifically said to stay on
9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20, and thats why im thinking another type of exploit is being developed.
yeah im pretty sure it will be more than just cart emulation....as they would still need to update the FPGA, but then again saying you dont need additional hardware *could* be open to interpretation....like could needing a copy of cubic ninja be classed as needing extra software rather than hardware, as technically it was on the japanese eshop too....so it isn't necessarily "hardware" in all situations.....plus they could of just meant you dont need extra hardware to USE it but you still might for the initial update, these things are why i would suggest people just hold onto their cash until its all clear exactly what this updates entails and enables

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah im pretty sure it will be more than just cart emulation....as they would still need to update the FPGA, but then again saying you dont need additional hardware *could* be open to interpretation....like could needing a copy of cubic ninja be classed as needing extra software rather than hardware, as technically it was on the japanese eshop too....so it isn't necessarily "hardware" in all situations.....plus they could of just meant you dont need extra hardware to USE it but you still might for the initial update, these things are why i would suggest people just hold onto their cash until its all clear exactly what this updates entails and enables
but then again they say you should stay on 4.5 so there had to be somekind drawback.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nah, Im pretty sure Ive read a couple of pages back that nothing additional except the card is needed for them to work. The extras "hardware" part was being mentioned when people started asking about a 4.5 system being needed to update the card and they responded that no extra hardware is required.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
but then again they say you should stay on 4.5 so there had to be somekind drawback.
yeah but as others have pointed out that could just be to prevent idiots who are already on 4.x from rushing ahead and updating....then gateway end up with a bunch of extra people hounding them about the 9.x update......which is a valid point, so saying stay on 4.x is not really any proof of anything....but it does suggest that it may indeed be better being on 4.x over 9.x

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Maybe not all the features will be possible at launch, maybe theyre working to add extra features and thats why there hasnt been a word for 2 weeks. You never know B-)
they will probably charge for the update :D i joke i joke.

3212287928_0ebc2f22b1.jpg

This is what youre doing right now :evil:

Reactions: Phantom_User

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah but as others have pointed out that could just be to prevent idiots who are already on 4.x from rushing ahead and updating....then gateway end up with a bunch of extra people hounding them about the 9.x update......which is a valid point, so saying stay on 4.x is not really any proof of anything....but it does suggest that it may indeed be better being on 4.x over 9.x
anyways i hope there stuff gets re really fast, cant affort 60+ bucks for an flashcard.

scholan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We only proceed by software update. All Gateway carts on the market today will be compatible with our upcoming 9.0/9.1/9.2 compatibility update. There will NOT be a new version of our cart. We care about our customers and will support all the Gateway sold to date. And you do NOT need another lower firmware console to run it on your 9.x console mailto:[email protected] -- > Hey gateway for the 9.x update do i need a new card or can i buy the regular for 65$?

Ok guys?
Just wait and Gateway will release it.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this weekend won't be another cold and empty one. In my idealistic world, the update would launch this weekend.

BUT! That's far too hopefull, so christ all mighty just update us already with something! Even if it's just to say: " 'sup guys the progress is going good, we can't estimate an ETA but so far it's working and BLABLABLA".

This thread has accumulated 109 pages.

ONE HUNDRED AND NINE PAGES GATEWAY.

IN.FOURTEEN.DAYS.

Christ!

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Not like gateway works according to the number of pages in a forum thread, not to mention most of the posts are useless repeated questions and speculations, could easily narrow this thread down to 20 pages of actual information.

Would be best to just lock this thread and any other thread that will be opened for this until REAL new info from gateway will be given.

Paraxamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It could be brought down to probably 10 or even 5 pages, but that is not the point. One thread, were every person+his mother+his dog can speculate, share their emotions, ask questions and everything else that is discussed in this thread, doesn't hurt anybody. It's not like threads are popping up every minute which would destroy the forum, most of the things get said here.

Sure, everything that could be said probably already has been said within this thread, but that is not the point. If we would completly remove all the posts and only dense them down to the ones, that only give acutal information, we wouldn't need a forum, only a guy, who posts news on the front page (which acutally exists btw.)

The point of this thread and of this forum ist to speculate and share the thoughts, that everybody has - those discussions are the life of the forum, if you can say so.

Believe me, when actual new information comes out, it will get a new thread and this one will get burried fast + we are not the moderators, they know when to lock and when not.

P.S.: If you would lock this thread, new threads would be made every minute with the same questions, so this would hurt the forum much more, than only this one thread.

Reactions: Danjal

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I understand your point and agree with most of it but I also think it has gotten to the point where most people just post something like "come on gateway come on!!!" and it keeps repeat itself and inflates the thread.

Don't get me wrong though the frustration is understandable as well and people need to "blow steam" somehow but atm would be better (imo) to either go the fun way like with the bibleway posts or distract one's self from the waiting.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they release it now and new3ds is released in the US with 9.x+ FW then everyone in this thread complaining about GW not releasing will be complaining it doesn't work on US new3ds consoles

also people speculating that GW will cost more after the update and buying them now , can't wait till GW makes another production run prices on current GW stay the same and they offer a cheaper version without the blue card for 9.x because it's no longer needed
so i can av me a giggle

edit: also thread theme

D

Deleted-355425

Not like gateway works according to the number of pages in a forum thread, not to mention most of the posts are useless repeated questions and speculations, could easily narrow this thread down to 20 pages of actual information.

Would be best to just lock this thread and any other thread that will be opened for this until REAL new info from gateway will be given.
You_don%27t_say-.jpg

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It's perfectly ok to speculate and it helps alot but not when its repeated over and over and over and over and over and over.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c